With 82% being very satisfied and 17% being somewhat satisfied. Awesome numbers.

Source: iPhone 3GS Trumps Palm Pre in Satisfaction Survey - Mac Rumors
    08-14-09 02:08 PM
    Good numbers but I wouldnt really count the those 17% as satisfied. "Somewhat" to me really doesnt count.
    08-14-09 02:14 PM
    I agree, "somewhat" doesn't mean satisfied. Regardless it does say most iPhone users are happy with their device, but most sites that ran this article neglected to mention only 200 people were surveyed.
    08-14-09 02:30 PM
    Im totally happy with my 3Gs. I don't miss my Storm at all. Its nice to have a phone that I don't have to screw with 10 times a day to make it work right.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 08-14-09 at 04:35 PM.
    08-14-09 02:52 PM
    I agree, "somewhat" doesn't mean satisfied. Regardless it does say most iPhone users are happy with their device, but most sites that ran this article neglected to mention only 200 people were surveyed.
    While I understand that it is difficult to get a whole nation of users surveyed, 200 people is way too small of a sample size in my opinion. 200 out of however million of these there are just doesn't provide any meaning full results to me.

It's like surveying just the juniors and seniors who happen to be in the cafeteria of my old college and then anouncing to the world the meatloaf is the best food in the world.
    08-14-09 03:04 PM
    iphone.. You'll like it... Or else...

(Apple is not responsible for users who become unsatisfied with the device and device; A. Catches fire B.explodes in your face and C. Hacks all personal information)

� apple

Yes, there is an App for that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 03:11 PM
    I think you'd see similar outcomes of a larger sample size to be honest with you. If I liked Dodge, and had some money into them.. Even when failure was supposed, I'd still be in the "give them a chance" category. We like our BB's, they like their iphones.

But title is very misleading. I would NOT call that 99%

08-14-09 03:16 PM
    Doesn't surprise me at all. The 3GS is a really solid device. It might not have the MOST functionality but just about everything it does, it does very well. I have yet to experience a single hang, freeze or crash in almost 2 months of heavy use. I don't think i've ever done a hard reset on the device. Other than a few features that IMO I shouldn't have to jailbreak to get, I would say my level of satisfaction is pretty high.
    08-14-09 03:50 PM
    Yet every survey done, the satisfaction rating was around 80%-90%. I would say that these 200 definitely represent realistic percentages.

While I understand that it is difficult to get a whole nation of users surveyed, 200 people is way too small of a sample size in my opinion. 200 out of however million of these there are just doesn't provide any meaning full results to me.

It's like surveying just the juniors and seniors who happen to be in the cafeteria of my old college and then anouncing to the world the meatloaf is the best food in the world.
    That analogy...
    08-14-09 05:32 PM
    Good numbers but I wouldnt really count the those 17% as satisfied. "Somewhat" to me really doesnt count.
    Why not? Ever took a test that looked like this?

• Very Satisfied
    • Satisfied
    • Somewhat Satisfied
    • Neutral
    • Somewhat Dissatisfied
    • Dissatisfied
    • Very Dissatisfied

Any of the first three falls under "satisfied" or the person would pick any of the dissatisfied choices.

I think you'd see similar outcomes of a larger sample size to be honest with you. If I liked Dodge, and had some money into them.. Even when failure was supposed, I'd still be in the "give them a chance" category. We like our BB's, they like their iphones.

But title is very misleading. I would NOT call that 99%

What is misleading? The word "fully" isn't anywhere in my statement.
    08-14-09 05:40 PM
    Why not? Ever took a test that looked like this?

• Very Satisfied
    • Satisfied
    • Somewhat Satisfied
    • Neutral
    • Somewhat Dissatisfied
    • Dissatisfied
    • Very Dissatisfied

Any of the first three falls under "satisfied" or the person would pick any of the dissatisfied choices.
    Yes I get those JD Power surveys all the time on my business. Only very satisfied and satisfied count. Anthing less is a "fail"
    08-16-09 02:22 PM

It's like surveying just the juniors and seniors who happen to be in the cafeteria of my old college and then (announcing) to the world the meatloaf is the best food in the world.
    First, I believe 200 was a made up number. Second, you don't need to get the whole nation of users surveyed to get an accurate assessment of satisfaction.

In statistics, if you perform a truly random survey only a small percentage of people will show you how the masses are feeling. This is why during the elections the networks can predict winners with only a small percentage (usually 1-3%) of the precinct reporting. They use exit polling to find out how people voted and then can estimate what the election's outcome will be and usually with extreme accuracy.

In contrast, the polls you see on websites that invite everyone to vote are almost always wrong. There it's typical for people with agendas to vote (usually multiple times). That is why it is important to be random which most respectable polls are.
    08-19-09 03:29 PM
    While I do beleive the phone has a large satisfication record based off of the fact that the phone worked out of box and apple has better customer care center than AT&T, that still doesnt account for the recent explosions that have occured with the iPhone sizzling and sparking where apple pays them off to be quiet. Sometimes its the smaller cases that have the higher importance factor, because all it takes is one fire gone wrong for a lawsuit.
    08-19-09 03:34 PM
    First, I believe 200 was a made up number.
    Why would they make up the fact they only surveyed 200 people? Wouldnt the have said something like 2000 if they made it up?
    08-19-09 03:45 PM
    I thought this was a poll! Lame.......
    08-19-09 11:01 PM
    I think I would be in 17% for various reasons. But, I am still happy with my decision even with my past comments about the phone.
    08-20-09 07:56 AM
    just for a while
    08-23-09 04:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD