contract is up with verizon at the end of the month. Debating on wheter I should get a 3gs then or wait for a newer iphone to rollout? Really do like the iphone and the pricing is about the same as all the blackberry plans.
    01-14-10 08:39 AM
    i would wait....within 5-6 months the new iphone will come out.....

why pay for the 3gs and get a 2 yr contract when the new one is about to be here....

that's my honest opinion
    01-14-10 08:57 AM
    Or get iphone then sell it when the new one is released. You'll be able to recoup most of the cost if you unlock it for the lazy or clueless

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 09:45 AM
    yeah thats not a bad idea at all, selling it....how much would the new one run though since its not an upgrade. If anything I was planning on just buy a refurbished unit
    01-14-10 01:14 PM
    I would buy one off ebay or craiglist and sign up with AT&T and then you'll still be able to upgrade when the new one comes out since you didn't buy one at the upgrade price in the beginning. Otherwise, go with the above. Get one, keep it in good shape and then sell it to recoup most of the cost for a new one. Works everytime. The iPhone is one of those devices that has really depreciated since the first model. 2G ones are still going for 200+. By the spring you'll be able to get 300+ for an unlocked 3GS.
    01-14-10 01:58 PM
    going to check out the droid eris....1 year @129 upgrade... can live with it for a year...if I dont like it then I may just wait for iphone
    01-14-10 06:00 PM
    I would wait till the new 4g iphone came out on VZW this summer. I would stick with VZW. Nope I don't get paid either.
    01-14-10 06:52 PM
    didnt get a chance to check the eris out tonight..iphone to verizon would be nice, did check out the iphone 3gs at at&t...probably bad service in the area but that was pretty dam slow!!
    01-14-10 08:17 PM
    i would wait till the summer or possibly a couple weeks depending on what Apple announces at the Event this month. If Verizon gets the iPhone get it or switch to ATT.
    01-14-10 08:24 PM
    yeah I do have a few weeks till my service is up with verizon...would like to check out the eris, for 1 year I wont mind at all. Iphone is nice and it does cover what I need. Would like to get a new phone since my current one is cracked, but works still.
    01-14-10 08:56 PM
    I switched from VZ so ATT and i have to say that altough VZ is still the best network, ATT has improved vastly. I live in Manhattan which is one of the worst ATT services areas and it is not that bad.

I think that even if you pay the 175 early termination fee you could still sell your iphone and break even or even make some money. I certainly didn't like how VZ went to 300+ early termination fees.
    01-15-10 09:46 AM
    dont think Ill break the contract early considering its only a few weeks away. Trying the iphone 3gs last night in the store I wasnt really impressed with the speed. Couldve been a bad service area, but it was slower than iphones I have used before.
    As for verizon, service is solid and I dont really mind doing a 1 year contract with them, just need to check out the eris and make sure I like it. Used an employees G1 android phone and was impressed with android. If I like the eris, I may just stay with verizon.
    Last edited by osugsxr; 01-15-10 at 12:31 PM.
    01-15-10 10:22 AM
    Why do u need a 1yr contract when the one ur on now runs out..? Just keep paying what you are now month to month untill a new iphone comes out..Just cause ur contract ends doesnt mean they'll cut ur service off..It just means you can cancel it whenever you choose..
    01-15-10 11:41 AM
    I would prefer a one year contract, to upgrade again at an earlier time. Yes Im aware that when the contract ends I dont have to renew. Checked out the eris and it was pretty good itll come down to the eris or iphone and service in the area.
    01-15-10 12:30 PM
    I would prefer a one year contract, to upgrade again at an earlier time. Yes Im aware that when the contract ends I dont have to renew. Checked out the eris and it was pretty good itll come down to the eris or iphone and service in the area.
    good idea but i would go with the MOTO droid instead of the eris, its a better overall phone IMO.
    01-15-10 06:22 PM
    Eris has a better touchscreen than Droid apparently. I would really be patient for the new iPhone 4G [S] just to see. It will destroy every other smartphone as always.
    01-15-10 07:37 PM
    Watch this video and tell me if the iPhone destroys the N1.
    Because TechnoBuffalo (who?) says so?

A lot of the editors of the Smartphone Experts sites - Crackberry, WMExperts, iphoneblog, Androidcentral, etc tend to disagree with you on your sarcasm from their round robin and agree that Android isnt quite there yet.

Id trust them and their combined dozens of years of experience more than some nobody on youtube.

No one claims Android is crap at all, but its not polished like iphone OS yet, and there's too much disjoint in the hardware and UIs each manufacturer uses. Theres no continuity in the line of Android-running phones, hardware specs, UIs, etc. Its all over the place.

Just because you can cram a lot of new hardware like Snapdragon into a phone doesnt automatically make it the best overall package. And not knowing the 4G iphone's hardware makes your conclusion pretty invalid since no one knows what processor will be in there or what screen or camera. Could end up being close in specs, and even more polish and features to their already class-leading OS.

All that video shows is some clear ignorance like directly comparing specs:

- ie. 3mp camera vs 5mp camera, Nexus 1 is the clear winner. It shows the guy doesnt know much about technology because megapixels has very little to do with image quality just size of the image- its the imaging software and lens that produce the quality. Weve seen many times that the iphone camera took better pics than other 5mp cameras out there.

- A 1ghz Snapdragon doesnt instantly mean better performance, thats also based on the OS itself. A clunky OS on a Snapdragon does nothing for it if the other OS is speedy on 600mhz (not saying Android is clunky, but just an example how its not always apples to apples comparison.)

-A cached webpage comparison means very little because theyre totally different OSs and cache pages differently. The long-standing true browser speed rendering test is a clear cache on both devices so theyre on an equal footing.

Things like that destroy someone's credibility in anything else they say if they dont know the sheer basics of technology.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-15-10 at 09:49 PM.
    01-15-10 09:28 PM
    Ok "Destroy" as in sales.., I'm such a fanboy.
    01-15-10 10:20 PM
    as for the droid I think Ill pass on that, dont really care for the slide out keyboard. Eris for only $129 maybe the way to go, played with my friends Iphone last night, I do like it, used it on wifi and it was much faster. Will try to hold off for alittle longer to see what happens in the pricing of plans since verizon is changing theirs.
    01-16-10 07:48 AM
    Please note the N1 just came out so of course it "should" be better and faster than the old 3G[S]. Now compare the N1 to the upcoming iPhone after it is released, then make your decision.
    01-16-10 09:52 AM
    I hate shopping, just too picky! Anyways I am highly tempted to make the switch to At&t just for the Iphone. The rollover minutes would be useful, instead of just losing minutes that arent used. Verizon has a strong network, both plans are basically the same in pricing. May find an iphone and purchase it and go month to month on At&t then upgrade when new one rolls out....
    What should I expect to pay for :
    iphone 3g.....3gs....2g???(should I just get this)
    01-16-10 10:32 AM
    coverage is pretty good in the area, from speaking with friends it can be hit miss at times but overall itll get the job done.
    What should I expect to pay for the iphone??? probably going to purchase either a 3g or 3gs....on craigslist or ebay.... and go month to month on at&t till new iphone comes out.
    01-16-10 12:11 PM
    i would wait....within 5-6 months the new iphone will come out.....

why pay for the 3gs and get a 2 yr contract when the new one is about to be here....

that's my honest opinion
    i would have to agree with this. wait till the new generation comes out in the next few months and get that. and if its nothing special then get a 3gs ;P
    01-16-10 02:34 PM
    as for waiting little impatient since my screen is cracked on my current phone. Plus I need a better calendar with everything going on. May just purchase Iphone 3g on craigslist or ebay...pricing is around 150-350 and have it activated on At&t.
    Any thing I should watch out for when purchasing the iphone on craigslist? Once a new iphone comes out I can probably sell the 3g. I have been playing with the Eris, and do like how you can customize the settings.
    01-16-10 03:32 PM
    3G[S] no less than $300, 3G 200-300...
    01-16-10 04:48 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD