I'm not sure if it is limited functionality of the iPhone here or what, but when I pair my 3Gs with my S9-HD, the controls on the headset do not work, except for volume up and down. Is this normal? One of the biggest things I use my phone for is an MP3 player at the gym, and not having the ability to skip songs and to pause the music from the headset would be a real pain....
    09-03-09 07:13 AM
    I have the same issue on my Motorola S305 headset. I bought them for my storm and they worked just fine. However when I use them on the Iphone 3gs the volume is the only thing that functions. However if a call comes in I can answer it by selecting the call button on the headset. But it will not work if I try to initiate a call. This is what I found out - "An adapter (sold separately) may be required for use with iPod/MP3 players, iPhone and PCs" You may have to get the Bluetooth Adapter D670 that connect to the Ipod/Iphone. But I do not see why since the 3gs Iphone now uses A2DP but I am not sure if it supports Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP).
    09-03-09 01:53 PM
    What a joke. Why claim to support stereo bluetooth when you don't even support one of the most important parts of it, the ability to change songs and pause the music.
    09-03-09 03:50 PM
    I have these paired with my 3GS. And yes those buttons dont work. Someone said that Apple needs to unlock the ability. It isnt the headset fault.
    09-03-09 08:42 PM
    Well lets hope that they "unlock" these functions. They either will do so or they will come out with their own bluetooth headset where all the functions work. My guess is it will be the latter. If they were going to allow other bluetooth headsets to work with the protocols that are used by such devices, then I imagine they would have worked from the time of the release of the phone.
    09-04-09 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD