thinkin bout ending contarct with verizon and goin to att for the iphone should i?
    07-13-09 02:56 PM
    iPhone is definitely better overall- When it comes to touchscreens.

Especially the 3Gs.

But the real question is-

Why don't you like the Storm, and why do you think the iPhone can offer you what your Storm did not?
    07-13-09 03:00 PM
    my storm has a lot of glitches and the iphone is smooth and i like how everything just flows on it
    07-13-09 03:07 PM
    Well then, there is your answer!

07-13-09 03:09 PM
    haha ok thanks
    07-13-09 03:11 PM
    To me-

If you want a phone with buttons, then go for a BlackBerry.

If you want a phone without buttons, then go for iPhone.

No ifs ands or buts.
    07-13-09 03:13 PM
    I agree with prada. The iPhone is the best touchscreen out there. You have to decide if you can live without Blackberry messenger and push email to all of your accounts. Those were the only things I thought I would miss. I don't need push like I thought I did LOL and All my friends with BBM also stay logged on AIM or Yahoo all day so didn't matter anymore. So for now the blackberry gives me the productivity I need with more fun too. I would say take a test drive and see if you like it. If so, then you know what to do. If not, then grab a Tour.
    07-13-09 03:30 PM
    I just converted from pearl - that I loved to iphone 3gs. The negatives are that you are going to miss bby messenger, the bby menu button & the ability to go back & also the push email.

The positives are that this phone is much faster, great browser, great apps & overall a true multimedia phone. If u jailbreak u can have apps running in the background and can find many cool apps that will help u in terms of productivity.
    07-13-09 03:31 PM
    I agree with prada. The iPhone is the best touchscreen out there. You have to decide if you can live without Blackberry messenger and push email to all of your accounts. Those were the only things I thought I would miss. I don't need push like I thought I did LOL and All my friends with BBM also stay logged on AIM or Yahoo all day so didn't matter anymore. So for now the blackberry gives me the productivity I need with more fun too. I would say take a test drive and see if you like it. If so, then you know what to do. If not, then grab a Tour.
    Really you have to decide if you can live without push for BIS vs BES. Are you on BES? If you're on BIS you won't miss a thing, in fact your email will improve tenfold.
    07-13-09 04:29 PM
    Really you have to decide if you can live without push for BIS vs BES. Are you on BES? If you're on BIS you won't miss a thing, in fact your email will improve tenfold.
    Agreed. I prefer the iPhone 10x more than any BB running BIS. BES is where you really get to see the BB shine. Push for the iPhone works extremely well (as long as you are using the right services). If you are using Exchange at all, the iPhone handles that well also.
    07-13-09 06:27 PM
    make the move for sure in my opinion you will be fine with the regular 3g especially cause its only 100 bucks and with the new 3.0 upgrade its pretty close to the same as the 3gs get the 3g jailbreak it and you will be in heaven
    07-14-09 02:53 PM
    I made the switch a month ago and will not look back. I love the iPhone. I bought a 3g from my sister and the difference between the iPhone and the Storm is night and day. The storm was ok. People say it's great for multi-tasking. But the problem you run into is, after you begin opening other programs besides the main ones, the phone starts freezing. I could care less about multitasking and I use yahoo mail and the push e-mail works better for me than the Blackberry did. If you switch you will love it. I have 100+ apps on my phone and the phone runs flawless. I had like 10-12 3rd party apps on my storm and ran out of free memory all the time.
    07-19-09 02:48 PM
    i made the switch about a week ago. i have about 40 apps. And i jailbroke it.
    07-19-09 02:52 PM
    I made the switch about a month ago, jailbroke it the day Purplera1n RC2 came out and I have not looked back. The iPhone does everything my Storm does with a polish and smoothness my Storm could only dream of with the OS RIM has put on the device. I still have my Storm but I only use it for tethering and MMS with my kids, I will be using the iPhone exclusively once AT&T gets it's act together and enables these features.
    07-19-09 03:06 PM
    i would say go for it as far as touchscreens go the iphone can't be beat. and the apps are amazing. i say go for it!!!!
    07-20-09 12:23 AM
    My girlfriend just made the jump a month ago.. and took my old 3G -- she loves it.
    07-20-09 12:35 AM
    Since I own both, (Storm for work, iPhone personal), I think like others have said what don't you don't like about your Storm? As you said, it has problems. I would suggest that you see what Verizon can do before you jump ship. I never had any problems with my Storm, and to this day I love it, and proud to say it. It's a great business phone and handles multitasking just fine. I have already had the iPhone replaced in less than a month, so -1 for Apple IMO. I don't think one is better than the other, but as far as touchscreen, the iPhone oneups the Storm. Good luck in your quest.
    07-20-09 08:04 AM
    I don't think one is better than the other, but as far as touchscreen, the iPhone oneups the Storm.

Huh? You just contradicted yourself.
    07-20-09 12:51 PM
    Huh? You just contradicted yourself.
    I think he meant no one phone trumps another overall, but in the touchscreen category, the iPhone wins hands down. So if someone didn't like touchscreen devices, that point would be of no use to them.
    07-20-09 02:15 PM
    The I-phone has been on the market the longest so it is smooth...BUT what about mms messaging? Will you miss that feature?
    07-20-09 02:17 PM
    Last week i gave up the BlackBerry Storm for an Iphone. There is no comparison, the Iphone just rocks! The service isn't that great (signal) compared to Verizon, but it's so smooth and intuitive. No more battery pulls and getting frustrated trying to type out a message. Wifi on the Iphone is awesome. Maybe my biggest complaint is Verizon, they are like cell phone Nazis. They'd get the Iphone on their network and just screw up the operating system and take away WiFi.
    07-20-09 02:26 PM
    You know, after reading about all of the jailbreak apps I realized what the big difference is between the 3GS and the Storm (which I got rid of after 6 months). I constantly was loading leaked OSes and hybrids on the Storm to try and get it to perform reasonably and do what it was supposed to. The iPhone comes out of the box, with amazing speed and doing almost everything I need. A couple of nights ago I did the jailbreak on my iPhone, loaded up a couple of apps with Cydia and realized it wasn't that much better. I actually didn't even like what it looked like with the 5 icon dock which is what I thought I wanted the most. The bottom line is I restored my iPhone to pre-jailbreak and realized that for me, it's fine the way it is.

It continues to amaze me that the Storm lovers can even think their phone is in the same league with the new iPhone.
    07-21-09 06:58 AM
    Mostly depends on what you are looking for your in phone...I made the switch to iphone from my storm and am happy with the switch, except that I have to figure a way to sell my storm for a decent price...
    07-21-09 11:34 AM
    phones are like ice cream, it all depends on the flavor you like.
    08-08-09 12:38 AM
    phones are like ice cream, it all depends on the flavor you like.
    In this case, it's which fruit do you like better.
    08-08-09 01:26 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD