so last night i tried to walk my gf through getting emoji on her iphone 3g via Spell Number
    we typed 9876543.21
    hit the home button
    went to settings>general>international>keyboard>japanese>
    and went to settings>general>keyboard>international keyboard>japanese
    no emoji option

recently i read that apple does not want people outside of japan having access to this feature so they are not allowing any easter egg programs to be published and that apps such as spell number (would have to release updates)

are we a victim of bad timing?

i do not want to jailbreak
    03-04-09 05:21 PM
    I don't know why they don't allow anyone outside of Japan use emoji...
    03-04-09 05:49 PM
    so last night i tried to walk my gf through getting emoji on her iphone 3g via Spell Number
    we typed 9876543.21
    hit the home button
    went to settings>general>international>keyboard>japanese>
    and went to settings>general>keyboard>international keyboard>japanese
    no emoji option

recently i read that apple does not want people outside of japan having access to this feature so they are not allowing any easter egg programs to be published and that apps such as spell number (would have to release updates)

are we a victim of bad timing?

i do not want to jailbreak
    Which firmware is she running on her phone?
    03-04-09 08:23 PM
    i have her on 2.2.1
    03-04-09 10:38 PM
    Why don't you just jailbreak?
    03-05-09 01:14 AM
    a) i bought her the apple care
    b) she's not tech savy enough of an individual to make use of jailbreaking (which in the course negates A)
    c) we're on AT&T anyway, so if we were t-oh/no it would be a different story
    03-05-09 01:55 PM
    i have her on 2.2.1
    oh ok nvmd. I was thinking it may be a firmware issue, but she's on the current firmware, so I don't know. Sorry
    03-05-09 05:06 PM
    a) i bought her the apple care
    b) she's not tech savy enough of an individual to make use of jailbreaking (which in the course negates A)
    c) we're on AT&T anyway, so if we were t-oh/no it would be a different story
    a) so? Its not going to void your warranty if you just restore to stock firmware before you take it in for an exchange.
    b) she doesn't have to do anything after she jailbreaks, just get the emoji.
    c) jailbreaking and unlocking are separate things. You don't need to be on another carrier to make use of jailbreaking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD