Over on the sister site tipb there is a thread talking about it coming out in October. I personally think its crazy. A new iPad already!? People are wanting retina display on it, but wouldn't it still be too pricey to manufacture on that large of a scale? I'm not too sure what else they could put in it to make it something people would want to upgrade to. :s

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-11 04:42 AM
    Oh, I dunno - an LED notification light, a new peripheral-friendly OS, SD storage port, a USB port - lots of things could be added to encourage folks to upgrade, but most go against His Jobsness...
    chuckh0308 and mustangv8 like this.
    07-03-11 08:07 AM
    How about some decent speakers to start, flash support and decent cameras. Not that it would make me buy one. I refuse to drink the Apple juice.

07-03-11 09:13 AM
    "Jobsness" Lol. Isn't the iPad 2 still new though? If a new iPad is on its way there should be some sort of trade in where you could get a discount or something
    07-06-11 04:26 AM
    I can see a new iPhone coming out. I don't believe it will be anything super amazing. The specs won't be jaw dropping. It will be interesting to what they have added. As for the iPad3 I think it may just be a iPad2.5.

07-07-11 04:40 AM
    I bet the iPhone 5 will drop for the holiday shopping season. Apple always has something new for the last quarter. The iPad2 was a March release, so that makes no sense to change, and they are more expensive than phones. Apple usually gets our money during the Christmas shopping days, we all know that. .
    07-11-11 04:35 PM
    Its not an iPad 3. it's the iPad HD... basically meaning it will be the last major tablet on the market to get an HD display.

07-11-11 05:00 PM
    It better not come out this soon! I just got my ipad 2! But better cameras and a flash on the back would be perfect... But apple isn't stupid to make the perfect device at one time, so they add little upgrades with each new device to make ppl upgrade (every company does it)

07-12-11 03:41 PM
    Yes its still on schedule for Oct. Just may not be called the 3. We'll see though
    07-13-11 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD