Does that mean we are closer to Iphone on Verizon?

Verizon Wireless currently testing Apple iPads � Boy Genius Report
    06-02-10 10:30 AM
    Does that mean we are closer to Iphone on Verizon?

Verizon Wireless currently testing Apple iPads � Boy Genius Report
    doubt it, different devices and different contracts. Apple always said the ipad would be unlocked from factory, it was just tied to gsm at the time. Apple probably learned from their iphone deal and didn't tie themselves down for more than a few months
    06-02-10 10:49 AM
    Did you read the article? lol It's say that the Ipad is CDMA. To Quote the article

"We have been told that the model they are testing is a CDMA-compatible device"
    06-02-10 10:54 AM
    doubt it, different devices and different contracts. Apple always said the ipad would be unlocked from factory, it was just tied to gsm at the time. Apple probably learned from their iphone deal and didn't tie themselves down for more than a few months
    Did you read the article? lol It's say that the Ipad is CDMA. To Quote the article

"We have been told that the model they are testing is a CDMA-compatible device"
    what he said didn't contradict you or the article, in any way.
    06-02-10 12:08 PM
    I can definitely see a CDMA iPad sooner than later. It was found that the iPad radio is not attached to the main circuit board but rather is a plug in system so you can plug in a GSM/CDMA/etc radio.

I was set to buy a 3G iPad but now Im glad I havent yet nor will I. The 2GB cap AT&T is imposing for $25 is rediculous for this device. Its meant as a media consumption device and Im pretty sure using it to its potential or using it as Jobs intended will cause many people to use more than 2GB, should WiFi not be readily available.
    06-03-10 07:31 AM
    I can definitely see a CDMA iPad sooner than later. It was found that the iPad radio is not attached to the main circuit board but rather is a plug in system so you can plug in a GSM/CDMA/etc radio.

I was set to buy a 3G iPad but now Im glad I havent yet nor will I. The 2GB cap AT&T is imposing for $25 is rediculous for this device. Its meant as a media consumption device and Im pretty sure using it to its potential or using it as Jobs intended will cause many people to use more than 2GB, should WiFi not be readily available.
    att is the first to make their move on the tier system; i'm willing to bet in a month or two verizon will announce theirs next. Not only that but apple said att won the ipad launch because of the sweetheart deal, no contracts at that price. If it goes elsewhere that doesn't mean they will offer the same deal
    06-03-10 10:08 AM
    Wasn't something similar said to be going on before the iPad launch? How'd that pan out?
    06-03-10 10:44 AM
    att is the first to make their move on the tier system; i'm willing to bet in a month or two verizon will announce theirs next. Not only that but apple said att won the ipad launch because of the sweetheart deal, no contracts at that price. If it goes elsewhere that doesn't mean they will offer the same deal
    Yea and I dont know that I would buy a CDMA version over a Wifi one either. I will probably root the Droid and use it as a hotspot.
    06-03-10 11:46 AM
    Yea and I dont know that I would buy a CDMA version over a Wifi one either. I will probably root the Droid and use it as a hotspot.
    i'm with you, i got the wifi model because I have no interest in another cell bill especially when I use the thing at home the most
    06-03-10 12:13 PM
    yeah I do agree
    06-03-10 12:37 PM
    For me it's an at home device anyway so what network it's on does not matter. And as far as it meaning anything for the iPhone, I really don't think so. The iPhone is going to VZW at some point but my guess is late 2011 early 2012.
    06-05-10 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD