iPad Q4 slashed by 25% due to less demand in Europe

Unexpected, something Apple is not happy with
    But still the most selling tablet

Apple slashes iPad production claim analysts - SlashGear
    Deathcommand likes this.
    10-04-11 04:12 PM
    Unexpected, something Apple is not happy with
    Hahahaaaaa.
    I'm sorry but that smiley made me smile.
    10-04-11 04:39 PM
    iPad Q4 slashed by 25% due to less demand in Europe

Unexpected, something Apple is not happy with [/url]
    I think they'd much rather cut production than price.
    10-04-11 05:11 PM
    I'd speculate that production was cut back due to meeting a consumer saturation point. It's not like they're hurting on demand.
    10-04-11 06:55 PM
    Yeah, from 8 billion to 3 billion. Still smokes absolutely everyone else.

- R.
    10-04-11 06:59 PM
    While I agree they dominate the market completely...there is also no question a 25% drop in production is not good news.
    10-04-11 07:06 PM
    While I agree they dominate the market completely...there is also no question a 25% drop in production is not good news.
    Possibly, but not likely :

"It seems likely that Apple is balancing its warehouses ahead of predicted demand, with the promise of the iPad 3 acting as a cut-off point for the existing model. ... Brazilian factories are tipped to be coming on line with iPad production in December as part of a push to reduce prices of the coveted slate in the country."

More likely good inventory planning (unlike Playbook), and/or balancing global manufacturing capacity.

- R.
    10-04-11 07:28 PM
    Possibly, but not likely :

"It seems likely that Apple is balancing its warehouses ahead of predicted demand, with the promise of the iPad 3 acting as a cut-off point for the existing model. ... Brazilian factories are tipped to be coming on line with iPad production in December as part of a push to reduce prices of the coveted slate in the country."

More likely good inventory planning (unlike Playbook), and/or balancing global manufacturing capacity.

- R.
    If that is the reason then I would agree with you. It seems like a guess though.
    10-04-11 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD