Ultamate Ifan anaylist poser from Jefferies Peter Misek is boasting adout the next ip (didn't we just get one) ah but this one will finaly have NFC. I guess apple has backed down from their stand that NFC was un-needed tech, that they would have an answer too shortly. For a company that is so highly regarded they sure know how to stick it to their customers! Time to upgrade once again apple fans!

http://paid.outbrain.com/network/red...ElementId=4814

Apple’s seventh-generation smartphone will be a major update, boasting substantially better specs than its predecessor, an analyst has forecast.

According to Peter Misek of Jefferies, the handset informally dubbed the iPhone 5S will feature a camera and a screen rocking a so-called “super HD” resolution, which we can only assume means higher than 1080p (the iPhone 5 features a ‘sub-HD’ resolution of 1136 x 640).

Moreover, the display - which may be even labelled ‘Retina+’ to reflect the increased pixel count - is also likely to be an IGZO (Indium gallium zinc oxide) variety. This, and we’re paraphrasing Wikipedia here, enables smaller pixels for a higher resolution display than the amorphous silicon typically used for the active layer of an LCD screen.

Fret not, Misek also predicts the 5S will be equipped with bigger battery to cope with the extra drain on juice. Makes sense. But then again, he also reckons that Near Field Communication might finally make an appearance. So take these prophecies for what you will.

The handset is expected to land sometime in June or July, which may seem odd given Apple has opted for an autumn release cycle for the last two iPhones, but some analysts believe that a summer launch may be inevitable after sales of the iPhone took a dive in the two quarters before the release of the latest model.

Another mooted update – or improvement, depending on how you look at it – is the possibility of a 128GB model, and perhaps less plausibly, six to eight colour variants like the iPod touch, which, we think is a bit too far-fetched.

Rumours have been doing the rounds that Apple has already ordered a ‘trial production’ of the iPhone 5S in a relatively small batch of 50-100k units and is expected to go into volume production in the first quarter of 2013, which would make a summer launch very much possible.
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-14-13 12:54 AM
    ... Bring it on
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-14-13 01:00 AM
    Apple cuts LCD panel orders for iPhone 5 on weak demand: Nikkei | Reuters In half no less!!

Interesting Misek comes out to protect his darling on the same day this article is reported!
    Last edited by FanBlackBerrytastic; 01-14-13 at 03:38 AM.
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-14-13 01:00 AM
    Apple cuts LCD panel orders for iPhone 5 on weak demand: Nikkei | Reuters

Interesting Misek comes out to protect his darling on the same day this article is reported!
    Misek has always been a little weasel
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-14-13 01:03 AM
    i doubt an iPhone5S will last long, going by what kevin was saying about how when used in a heavyish fashion the iPhone5 heats up to near burning levels and this report claims better hardware and a larger battery i think the device might actually burst into flames :s. there were speculations back before the 4S was released that the 5 that was supposed to come out had over heating issues, but we'll see it upon release, the iPhone 5 has failed to impress so Apple better brign their A game on the next one
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-14-13 01:12 AM
    That's gonna hurt when the markets open.

As for NFC on an iphone 6 months down the road,lol,might want to consider doing a whole new OS first.

Nice to see BB10 so ahead of the curve.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:38pm EST
    (Reuters) - Apple Inc has almost halved its order with suppliers of LCD panels for the iPhone 5 in the current quarter due to weak demand, the Nikkei reported on Monday
    01-14-13 01:13 AM
    That's gonna hurt when the markets open.

As for NFC on an iphone 6 months down the road,lol,might want to consider doing a whole new OS first.

Nice to see BB10 so ahead of the curve!
    i

iOS is indeed looking stale. They may want to get with the times and take a look at it
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-14-13 01:19 AM
    When will they realize that it's not the hardware that needs major upgrading, it's their OS that does.
    01-14-13 01:23 AM
    i

iOS is indeed looking stale. They may want to get with the times and take a look at it
    I'm guessing apple will be the new whipping boy 2013 and to catch up from looking stale they will have to do a new OS, or they could ask RIM nice ,lol
    01-14-13 01:25 AM
    When will they realize that it's not the hardware that needs major upgrading, it's their OS that does.
    I'll bet they know it, yet they see the sh�t kicking RIM ended up taking putting a new OS together. The repackage and new lipstick won't be the ticket for them. I suspect a marked increase of new CB posters soon.
    01-14-13 01:30 AM
    I'll bet they know it, yet they see the sh�t kicking RIM ended up taking putting a new OS together. The repackage and new lipstick won't be the ticket for them. I suspect a marked increase of new CB posters soon.
    They have to change their whole realm of in-out-in-out. People don't have time or patience for that anymore.It's time to take a hard look at the archaic home button too.Samsung has one but you can multi task on Samsung and don't always need to press it. Its the single most common point of hardware failure on the device.
    Last edited by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes; 01-14-13 at 02:01 AM. Reason: *waits for someone to quote me and say people do have patience, quoting iPhone sales numbers*
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-14-13 01:34 AM
    yes their OS is stale. but no it's not going to change much. people are still going to form long lines just because it is an apple product.

no other company enjoys this privilege.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-14-13 02:15 AM
    yes their OS is stale. but no it's not going to change much. people are still going to form long lines just because it is an apple product.

no other company enjoys this privilege.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I'm psyhcic!!!
    Dapper37 and gilmanhlee like this.
    01-14-13 02:29 AM
    They have to change their whole realm of in-out-in-out. People don't have time or patience for that anymore.It's time to take a hard look at the archaic home button too.Samsung has one but you can multi task on Samsung and don't always need to press it. Its the single most common point of hardware failure on the device.
    I'm not going to point at iPhone sales numbers. The 40 million Galaxy S III handsets sold so far clearly indicate people still do love their home buttons. Multi-tasking on the GS III is still activated by pressing a button...just like the iPhone.

I agree that iOS IS feeling somewhat stale these days. I used an iPhone from the first one in 2007 down to the 4S. I dumped iOS for Samsung's Galaxy series and I haven't looked back.
    01-14-13 02:44 AM
    i read somewhere many iphone fans were saying NFC cc payment wasnt secured. They preferred paying with old fashioned way. Let's see what they'd say once they get the iphone with NFC.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    01-14-13 02:45 AM
    i read somewhere many iphone fans were saying NFC cc payment wasnt secured. They preferred paying with old fashioned way. Let's see what they'd say once they get the iphone with NFC.

Sure, it's going to change as " Most secure payment system ever"
    01-14-13 02:47 AM
    Whats this new apple invention you speak of... NFC?
    01-14-13 02:52 AM
    I'm not going to point at iPhone sales numbers. The 40 million Galaxy S III handsets sold so far clearly indicate people still do love their home buttons. Multi-tasking on the GS III is still activated by pressing a button...just like the iPhone.

I agree that iOS IS feeling somewhat stale these days. I used an iPhone from the first one in 2007 down to the 4S. I dumped iOS for Samsung's Galaxy series and I haven't looked back.
    My bad. I tried to defend Samsung and I couldn't. Oh well!!!! The back of that device is like the interior of a corvette. The back of the z10 has the class of a Mercedes interior, doesn't look cheap. But hey the sales numbers mean that's not true, right?
    01-14-13 02:54 AM
    Reading all these post about BlackBerry users calling out IOS for being stale and praising BlackBerry for being ahead of the curve.

My oh my how the tides have changed.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-14-13 03:06 AM
    Sure, it's going to change as " Most secure payment system ever"
    Start making a $h1t list of these people now. Would be interesting to call them out when they get wind of the 5s
    01-14-13 03:09 AM

Yep and there's no need for a camera on a tablet. Until it has one.
    01-14-13 03:11 AM
    The 40 million Galaxy S III handsets sold so far clearly indicate people still do love their home buttons...
    ... or it indicates that there is no viable alternative. Yet.
    16 more days!
    01-14-13 03:18 AM
    ... or it indicates that there is no viable alternative. Yet.
    16 more days!
    So true. This is indeed what it indicates.
    Jan 30th
    BB10, Believe it. All of it!
    01-14-13 03:33 AM

haha this reminds me of how there is no point in having a 7inch tablet.
    strangely i dont hear that anymore.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-14-13 03:51 AM
    haha this reminds me of how there is no point in having a 7inch tablet.
    strangely i dont hear that anymore.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    No you still hear it. 7" is useless. 7.9" is gods gift to man
    kozmo68 likes this.
    01-14-13 03:56 AM
40 12