I had more issues getting the new iTunes loaded on the kids Macbook then I did getting iOS7 after that. That was the glitch part.

Posted via CB10
    LOL!!!! I had the blank screen when iTunes came out....it settled out and then I donwloaded right away. I was ready and waiting VERY early on,
    09-19-13 03:28 AM
    I installed iOS 7 on my old 4 first to see how it ran before putting it on the hubby's 4. It ran fine. As nice as on my 5? No. 'Definitely not recommended'? Not by a long shot.

He is quite happy with it, in fact.
    09-19-13 03:32 AM
    Lucky you, that doesn't seem to be the general experience....

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    I downloaded it 4 times today, on my 5, two 4's, and the store demo 5. Never once was it longer than an hour.

4 separate times.

Not a hiccup.

What is with the infatuation with Apple at CB?
    09-19-13 03:35 AM
    brb gunna put iOS7 on my iPhone 3GS.

(oh it can work on the iPhone 4 though? pls continue to tok how it werks so smoothly.
    omg look how my 512mb of ram makes these crayola drawings go butter smooth <3
    apple makes their stuff so that you are forced to have the latest and greatest. if not, pay the consequences of social frowns and finger pointing along with the outdated hardware disappointments.)
    No one is being forced into anything. No one is pointing a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to upgrade.

Fact is that I was able to upgrade my 3GS up to iOS5. I skipped the iPhone 4 because I bought an Atrix instead. Came back for the 4S and gave it to a friend of mine who just put iOS7 on it and it's running beautifully. I happen to have an iPhone 5, last year's device, and it is humming on iOS7 with no loss of functionality, except for the camera features specifically related to the new flash, and the fingerprint scanner. Everything else I've got.

So.....tell me how to put BB7 on my 9800. Or BB10 on my 9900. Or BB7 on my 9700. Or BB6 on my 9000. And have them run as smoothly as my 3GS ran on iOS5 or my iPhone 5 on iOS7.

Fact is that Apple has, until now, made their OS backward compatible to run, smoothly, up to two past device iterations. So Ie could run the same iPhone for three years and be able to update to the new OS. I couldn't with the 9810. I couldn't with the 9900. And had I kept my Playbook, as is well known, I couldn't have put BB10 on it yet, if ever.

My iPad is two years old and it is smooth as silk on iOS7. Which as we all know cannot be said for the Playbook getting BB10.

There are many of us with multiple devices here. I'm running three platforms and I enjoy them all. I upgraded to iOS7 from iOS6 because I wanted to and not because I'm worried about any social frowns. I left high school a long long long long long long long long time ago.

By the way.....regarding the 4S sales selling at .02....my friend just bought her 12 year daughter a 4S for her first iPhone and put iOS7 on it. Smooth as silk, it is.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 09-19-13 at 03:59 AM.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-19-13 03:45 AM
    Worked like a charm on my ipad 3, I'm located in Romania.
    09-19-13 04:05 AM
    I took my 10 minutes to download on all 3 iOS devices at 10am PST on all 3, installed with no problem. Definitely a negative Nancy OP.

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    Possibly not a negative Nancy in the way you think. I was actually making three points

1) ALL tech doesn't work as the bloody company who made it suggests. We all have to put up with things we shouldn't and we all end up having to use workarounds to a greater or lesser extent which in 2013 is stupid

2) The sort of comments posted by some of these people and their frustration is plain to see and, to my mind, puts some of our OS upgrade fun and games into perspective. I can't recall any BlackBerry update being this irritating. Ours can be bad enough but install, activate, try again, wild download times, try again etc

3) I will admit to a bit of Apple bashing in that they are supposed to be the great God's in this market. It's ok saying, 'oh, well it's the first day'. This is APPLE! How were they not prepared? If BlackBerry had done this the sky would have fallen in.

09-19-13 04:41 AM
    I started banging the servers exactly at 1 pm.
    Lucky servers.
    h20work and akabbani like this.
    09-19-13 04:51 AM
    Lucky servers.
    You now owe me a FULL cup of perfectly doctored up coffee!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent and Chris Marsch like this.
    09-19-13 04:59 AM
    I'm really trying to take you seriously but how can I do that if you just keep self contradicting yourself.

Nevertheless, I digress. Maybe iOS7 works fine on the 4S (which is now getting sold for 0$ 2yearterm contract - look at all the phones we weren't able to sell) and so on but that doesn't go against the fact that Apple doesn't have intentions of keeping backwards compatibility (The same way Sony ditched PS2 compatibility with the PS3 and made you re-buy them in their PS store.), hence why they only do baby steps when it comes to hardware upgrades (don't bring up 64bit because I will dispense fury on you and it's very late in Alberta). If you honestly believe that, then you're clearly don't know how the world of electronics and their consumers work.
    And BlackBerry's track record with software updates is better, or even on par with Apple's? If so please provide examples. Of course older phones will drop features and not be as smooth, but Apple is at least making software that will run on two year old hardware. My PlayBook is a little over 2 years old and can't even run BB10 even though BlackBerry said it would, and I don't think Apple ever tells customers the device will get the to four years of software support, they just make it happen.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 06:27 AM
    Lucky servers.
    Not if it was all over by 1.01pm...

09-19-13 06:48 AM
    aaaand... any comments critical of Apple get the "but blackberry sucks more because..."

Someone said that insulting Apple doesn't make BlackBerry better... but the reverse is also true. Retorting with "but blackberry is worse..."

It's classic misdirection technique. If BlackBerry's well-documented failures have any material affect on Apple's ability to get an OS rollout "perfect" (and nothing should be realistically be expected to be perfect) I certainly can't imagine why or how. If anything, BlackBerry's network failures serve as an object lesson to Apple on the consumer impact on less-than-perfect network maintenance. I'm sure they did try their best.

Lots of people are on the record as having a flawless experience. A lot of people are not. It's all anecdotal anyway. If Apple issues a "we're sorry about the iOS 7 rollout" press release then we might have a sense of the scale of the problem, but I think it would have to be a disaster for that to happen, and so far, it looks like mostly routine and "to be expected" server hammering. Yes, I think they could have done something to prevent the problems, but without knowing what the root causes were, even that's just speculation.

"Gee, it's cloudy today."

"Well, even if it IS cloudy today, BlackBerry is crap!"

an on it goes.
    09-19-13 06:58 AM
    he is an ambassador for BB - what do you expect?
    The truth.
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    09-19-13 07:23 AM
    aaaand... any comments critical of Apple get the "but blackberry sucks more because..."

Someone said that insulting Apple doesn't make BlackBerry better... but the reverse is also true. Retorting with "but blackberry is worse..."

It's classic misdirection technique. If BlackBerry's well-documented failures have any material affect on Apple's ability to get an OS rollout "perfect" (and nothing should be realistically be expected to be perfect) I certainly can't imagine why or how. If anything, BlackBerry's network failures serve as an object lesson to Apple on the consumer impact on less-than-perfect network maintenance. I'm sure they did try their best.

Lots of people are on the record as having a flawless experience. A lot of people are not. It's all anecdotal anyway. If Apple issues a "we're sorry about the iOS 7 rollout" press release then we might have a sense of the scale of the problem, but I think it would have to be a disaster for that to happen, and so far, it looks like mostly routine and "to be expected" server hammering. Yes, I think they could have done something to prevent the problems, but without knowing what the root causes were, even that's just speculation.

"Gee, it's cloudy today."

"Well, even if it IS cloudy today, BlackBerry is crap!"

an on it goes.
    I find this post ironic, considering the signature admonishing against exaggeration.
    09-19-13 07:49 AM
    I'm pretty sure we would all rush to download the official 10.2 was out at a predetermined time and date

Z10 Rocking 10.2
    09-19-13 07:52 AM
    And BlackBerry's track record with software updates is better, or even on par with Apple's? If so please provide examples. Of course older phones will drop features and not be as smooth, but Apple is at least making software that will run on two year old hardware. My PlayBook is a little over 2 years old and can't even run BB10 even though BlackBerry said it would, and I don't think Apple ever tells customers the device will get the to four years of software support, they just make it happen.

Posted via CB10
    Nah, in the other iOS7 thread I bashed BlackBerry.
    09-19-13 08:16 AM
    I'm pretty sure we would all rush to download the official 10.2 was out at a predetermined time and date

Z10 Rocking 10.2
    True but their are only about 3 to 5 million BB10 devices even out so it wouldn't be anywhere near the load that Apple had to deal with yesterday. They did a global OS rollout and pulled it off. Saw people I know in South Africa had downloaded it too. We won't even see a common global rollout date for 10.2. BlackBerry needs to address this in the near future because I see people posting globally they live iOS7, but when OS updates happen on BlackBerry you will see the people that get it praising it, the people who didn't being upset by that fact and it makes the entire experience degraded compared to Apples "Download it worldwide today!"

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:46 AM
    Possibly not a negative Nancy in the way you think. I was actually making three points

1) ALL tech doesn't work as the bloody company who made it suggests. We all have to put up with things we shouldn't and we all end up having to use workarounds to a greater or lesser extent which in 2013 is stupid

2) The sort of comments posted by some of these people and their frustration is plain to see and, to my mind, puts some of our OS upgrade fun and games into perspective. I can't recall any BlackBerry update being this irritating. Ours can be bad enough but install, activate, try again, wild download times, try again etc

3) I will admit to a bit of Apple bashing in that they are supposed to be the great God's in this market. It's ok saying, 'oh, well it's the first day'. This is APPLE! How were they not prepared? If BlackBerry had done this the sky would have fallen in.

I've never had a smooth BlackBerry OS upgrade, even leading up to the MR 2 weeks ago. After that rolled out, I deleted my Gmail since I was now able to set the sync to Forever. 20 hours later when the device has pulled down all that email, and indexed, it ran like crap. Sure, give it a few days to level everything out. What then? More crap.

So why not just go back into sync interval and change the setting to 30 or 90 days? Hell no! - says BlackBerry 10! You can't do that! You have to delete the account and re-add!

Fine, I'll go through the painful pull down and index process again. What happens then? 15 hours later when the device has pulled down and indexed everything (mind you all on wifi), the device isn't smart enough to delete the contacts index of your gmail messages. So now I have 8 years of indexed contacts popping up when I compose a new email and type the receipent name in the "to" field. You think that'd be smart of the OS, but 80% of those email addresses are no longer valid!

So what now?

Security wipe and restore.

And the restore function for me, (having done this 11 times now in OS 10), has never worked properly, prompting me to do a manual re-setup of the entire device.

Seamless BlackBerry 10 upgrade? Absolutely not. It's something I fear more than Ben Affleck playing Batman, and avoid it like the plague.

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    09-19-13 09:11 AM
    LOL. 1st world problems. I love how impatient people can be and how angry they get when things don't go perfectly their way. **** 'em.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    Silk_Spectre likes this.
    09-19-13 09:31 AM
    iOS7 Update Today - Doesn't Seem To Be Going Well...

BBM APP launch Yesterday - Doesn't Seem To Be Going Well...

An entire OS vs App - all seems so trivial now.
    reeneebob and Eric Ton like this.
    09-22-13 09:50 AM
    iOS7 Update Today - Doesn't Seem To Be Going Well...

BBM APP launch Yesterday - Doesn't Seem To Be Going Well...

An entire OS vs App - all seems so trivial now.
    And voila! The sky is falling in!

09-22-13 12:26 PM
70 123