What are you most excited about?

Me: adding photos directly from mail, FaceTime over cellular, Siri auto integration, maps turn by turn direction, and shared photo streams.
    06-11-12 02:15 PM
    Oh, and Siri's ability to launch apps and tweet. lol
    06-11-12 02:16 PM
    There are definitely some stuff in iOS6 that RIM should pay attention to:
    • Shared photo streams; this is probably as much an iCloud feature as it is iOS 6 per se, but it's a nice idea.
    • Passbook (a central place for coupons, gift cards, ticket barcodes). Having all this stuff in one, easy-to-find place is an outstanding idea
    • Cool phone features (send straight to voice mail, reply to a call with a text message)

Still on the fence with Siri (you can do more stuff with it, sure, but many users were disappointed with its overall performance to begin with; I would hope that's being addressed).

FaceTime over cellular sounds like a usage-bomb just waiting to happen for millions of users. Smart, frugal users just will just avoid it. I'd be surprised if BB10 doesn't offer this as well, though.

FB/Twitter integration does not appear to be substantially greater than what's already available in BB7 on Blackberry. Again, presumably BB10 should largely match this out of the box.
    06-11-12 02:29 PM
    The fact that iOS 6 is going to be available for the 3GS, which was released 3 years ago, is pretty impressive.

Passbook with geofences is a really neat idea and I think for a lot of things QR codes are a better solution than NFC.

Integrating your phone number and Apple ID so you can answer calls on your laptop, desktop or iPad is a great idea. I also like the Siri integration with major car manufacturers. That's going to kill TomTom and Garmin. No more need to buy a seperate navigation system if your car doesn't have one if you can integrate your iPhone with the car's hands free system.
    Last edited by JohnEnglish; 06-11-12 at 02:54 PM.
    pri79269 likes this.
    06-11-12 02:52 PM
    I didn't realize that. I haven't allowed my Son to upgrade yet so this will make him happy.
    06-11-12 02:54 PM
    Intriguingly, AAPL stock is down in the wake of these new product announcements. Guess not everyone's excited...
    06-11-12 02:54 PM
    Perhaps, but I seem to always hear "not everyone is exciting..." when Apple announces something then launch day come and sales and downloads go through the roof. Funny how that happens. :-/
    06-11-12 02:57 PM
    Intriguingly, AAPL stock is down in the wake of these new product announcements. Guess not everyone's excited...
    This happens with EVERY Apple product announcement be it hardware or software.
    06-11-12 03:05 PM
    This happens with EVERY Apple product announcement be it hardware or software.
    Yep, standard pattern with them. Then near the end of the quarter, everyone starts realizing "whoa, Apple sold of a lot of that new _____" and then the next rally starts.
    06-11-12 03:10 PM
    I am intrigued by the maps and expanded Siri functionality. Sounds pretty cool... doubt it will pull me in, but I am interested in seeing the new hardware.
    06-11-12 03:13 PM
    I'm not thrilled about it that much.
    To me, their just releasing what they should have released with iOS 5 back in October.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    MrszBerry likes this.
    06-11-12 03:19 PM
    Yeah. Its seems people were expecting to see a new iphone (so soon)
    I think iOS6 is a beast now in terms of monetization.
    Apple have a hand in every cookie jar now and have just got that much harder to unseat.
    06-11-12 03:21 PM
    Yeah. Its seems people were expecting to see a new iphone (so soon)
    I think iOS6 is a beast now in terms of monetization.
    Apple have a hand in every cookie jar now and have just got that much harder to unseat.
    Agree! But for me I never really need to be "blown away". I already like my device as is so as long as they add relevant features and continue making improvements on older features I'm happy.
    06-11-12 03:26 PM
    The fact that iOS 6 is going to be available for the 3GS, which was released 3 years ago, is pretty impressive.

Passbook with geofences is a really neat idea and I think for a lot of things QR codes are a better solution than NFC.

Integrating your phone number and Apple ID so you can answer calls on your laptop, desktop or iPad is a great idea. I also like the Siri integration with major car manufacturers. That's going to kill TomTom and Garmin. No more need to buy a seperate navigation system if your car doesn't have one if you can integrate your iPhone with the car's hands free system.
    This is a great idea.

Siri and I have a love-hate relationship. I love to hate her. She loves to hate my accent.
    Mrluky likes this.
    06-11-12 03:38 PM
    This is a great idea.

Siri and I have a love-hate relationship. I love to hate her. She loves to hate my accent.
    Haha! That's funny. My friend has the same issue.
    06-11-12 03:48 PM
    Integration between all my devices, Mac, iPad and iPhone. Documents, Photos, messages, iMessages, Calendars, Contacts, Bookmarks, Tabs, offline reading lists, Notes, Reminders etc etc, all in sync on all devices in real time. Edit a document on my iPhone and its automatically updated on all my devices. take/edit a photo and it automatically syncs. Everything working seamlessly together with no effort on my part. No kludging together multiple apps to do the job. Simple and painless. This just reinforced why I use these devices and no one even comes close to Apple at this at the moment.
    06-12-12 01:17 PM
    I like the FaceTime over cell networks, not just wifi. It has so many uses for a phone I can't even list them here. This will add great functionality to my iphone 4 (2010 release, mind you) before I decide which next gen phone to buy.

I also think the mapping stuff will be top notch and I look forward to it. Apple usually doesn't roll out features until they are ready, so I can't wait to see this in action.
    06-12-12 04:04 PM
    I like the FaceTime over cell networks, not just wifi. It has so many uses for a phone I can't even list them here. This will add great functionality to my iphone 4 (2010 release, mind you) before I decide which next gen phone to buy.

I also think the mapping stuff will be top notch and I look forward to it. Apple usually doesn't roll out features until they are ready, so I can't wait to see this in action.
    I love FaceTime over 3G its awesome I use it everyday. I can't wait for the maps that should be great

Sent using Tapatalk
    06-12-12 04:10 PM
    My only reservation with FaceTime over cellular is that my 6yr old will now be able to ring my phone off the hook when I'm not home. He uses FT with is iPod touch to call me, and his aunt. When I go out, I always have these missed FT calls from him which don't go through because I'm not on Wifi. LOL he's going to have a field day come this fall.
    06-13-12 11:02 AM
    Lol he doesn't have to know right?

Sent using Tapatalk
    06-13-12 11:36 AM
    Lol he doesn't have to know right?

Sent using Tapatalk
    I'm totally thinking I won't be upgrading his iPod lol
    06-13-12 02:27 PM
    Most excited about facetime over cellular, integration between my apple devices, and use of siri to launch apps. Just got the iphone after spending a yr with the macpro and ipad 3 will complete the trifecta this august. Other than that the new lighter faster macpro with retina is icing on the apple cake!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    06-13-12 06:12 PM
    Agreed. FaceTime over cellular will be great. Four of my five (teens) have i4's so now I can scold them face to face, even when they aren't near wifi.
    pri79269 likes this.
    06-13-12 06:34 PM
    I'm actually not satisfied about iOS6. It's going to be the same old thing as iOS has been for the last 5 years. I had hoped Apple would make significant changes to iOS for the iPhone...basically evolving the system...but they chose to keep the same tired old system with just some added features and functionality. And Apple also chose not to grace the iPhone 4 with two of the most desired and significant updates: 3G Facetime and Turn-by-turn nav.

I've given up on Apple devices and am going where products are evolving, like Android and BB. I finally sold my iPhone 4 after reading it won't be supported with the two features listed above and other than some iPods, I no longer have any of the smart-devices. I traded my iPad a couple weeks ago for an Android tablet. Once BB10 devices come out, I'll make a determination if I will upgrade to one or another Android phone.

This is significant because it's an indication that the system is tired and needs massive change when supporting Apple users begin leaving for greener pastures.
    DrBit2011 likes this.
    06-14-12 11:03 PM
    On Apple's site it says that iOS 6 is compatible with the 3GS but not the first iPad WTF?
    Last edited by SoxfaninFL; 06-19-12 at 12:26 AM.
    06-19-12 12:19 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD