iOS 4.0.1 update is now live.

Let's keep all our feedback here guys
    07-15-10 01:28 PM
    It didn't fix antenna issue. That's hardware related. I am hoping for a recall tomorrow.
    07-15-10 01:45 PM
    Downloading.. hopefully it will correct my MobileMe email problem.

Does anyone want to call me and leave a voicemail, I want to test my new OldSpice manly man voicemail. (kidding)

Wow 579.3MB.. big update.
    07-15-10 01:45 PM
    This first update was somewhere in the 470mb range wasn't it?
    07-15-10 01:50 PM
    What does this update fix?
    07-15-10 02:37 PM
    It didn't fix antenna issue. That's hardware related. I am hoping for a recall tomorrow.
    Uncle Steve gave you the answer on that one..... "you are holding it wrong!" I would not expect a fix or recall, I think folks are just going to have to be careful not to hold that area of the phone. It's NOT like if you TOUCH that area the call drops, you have to hold you hand over the left corner for some seconds before it drops the call.
    07-15-10 02:53 PM
    Uncle Steve gave you the answer on that one..... "you are holding it wrong!" I would not expect a fix or recall, I think folks are just going to have to be careful not to hold that area of the phone. It's NOT like if you TOUCH that area the call drops, you have to hold you hand over the left corner for some seconds before it drops the call.
    Sorry, but you are wrong. Its been reported that a fix is in place. Do you really think they will hold a press conference to say, "Oh, you're holding your phone wrong and deal with it." Heck no. A hardware fix is on the way.

Apple iPhone 4 Fix Revealed - TheStreet
    07-15-10 02:55 PM
    Downloading now, but man that sucks to hear. Guess a recall or hardware fix can not be avoided now. Very interested to hear what they have to say tomorrow.
    07-15-10 03:07 PM
    What does this update fix?
    Makes cosmetic signal bars.
    07-15-10 03:08 PM
    I personally am not experiencing the "death grip", I've tried holding it like that all day while on a call, not only do I not drop the call but I don't even lose bars. Just my .02, I'm sure others do experience it though.
    07-15-10 03:16 PM
    Holy crap! I used to get all 5 bars consistently at my workplace, now it swings from between 2 and 3.

Please don't expect any other changes, as the above poster has stated, the changelog states the only difference is the way it displays the bars, NOTHING ELSE.
    07-15-10 03:18 PM
    I think Apple is going to screw themselves merely out of a few, boisterous haters and change. Apple don't change $$%^!, it's working as it is! Haters were absolutely looking for any imaginable problem to magnify a million times over.
    07-15-10 03:21 PM
    Why would you want a recall? Those are a pain in the arse. If they do issue some type of recall, unless it's something they can do really fast at the Apple Store (like spraying some coating on it), you'll probably have to send your phone in to get it fixed. That could potentially take weeks, during which time, you won't have a phone.

The only relatively painless way I can think of is if they have a stock of something like iPhone 4 v2, whereby you can go and swap your current iPhone for one of the v2 phones. I find this scenario highly unlikely since they have enough troubles keeping the damn things in stock for regular sales, let alone for recall swaps.

Personally, I think the best solution is what Consumer Reports suggested, give everyone a free bumper.
    07-15-10 03:26 PM
    Well, as long as I can use my IP4 without a case, I am happy. As of now, that isn't the case. I can't use it without it. If a recall will fix the problems, then Apple can feel free to take my $500 IP4 for two or so weeks to fix it. A bumper is NOT a solution. I don't want a case on my phone. I want it caseless like my 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation I had! You don't have to buy a case for any other phone to work and Apple is NO exception. They should man-up and fix the problem at hand. A case is a bull**** solution.
    07-15-10 03:34 PM
    Sorry, but you are wrong. Its been reported that a fix is in place. Do you really think they will hold a press conference to say, "Oh, you're holding your phone wrong and deal with it." Heck no. A hardware fix is on the way.

Apple iPhone 4 Fix Revealed - TheStreet
    I hope so, BUT he did make the comment. They asked him early on if it was a design flaw and he said, No, you're holding it wrong.

EDIT: ANYWAYS this thread is NOT about the design flaw, or recall, or whatever it's about the new update, so lets get back on track, ME included! Sorry folks!
    07-15-10 03:46 PM
    I hope so, BUT he did make the comment. They asked him early on if it was a design flaw and he said, No, you're holding it wrong.
    Please, that's not what he said. The actual quote is, "don't hold it that way." It might come down to the same thing, but there is a bit of difference in tone between the two.
    07-15-10 04:05 PM
    Holy crap! I used to get all 5 bars consistently at my workplace, now it swings from between 2 and 3.
    Yeah, had a consistent 5 bars at my workplace too. Always. Swinging
    between 3 and four.
    07-15-10 04:15 PM
    Is this update available for people using 3GS with 4.0 software too?
    07-15-10 04:51 PM
    Yes. I even updated my 3GS. It's about 200 mb's less too.
    07-15-10 04:57 PM
    so really whats the big difference in this and the 4.0 i have a 3gs is it even worth upgrading it or not
    07-15-10 05:06 PM
    07-15-10 05:07 PM
    I'll be keeping my 4.0 =)
    07-15-10 06:30 PM
    Same for me!!!!! How exactly do you "down grade"????
    07-15-10 09:03 PM
    Re 4.0.1...Earlier today on tipb, they mentioned there was a change to Bluetooth/car functionality. And FaceTime/game center parental controls.

I will NOT be an early adopter again.
    Overall, I think I liked 3.1.2 jailbroken, over 4.0.
    07-15-10 09:45 PM
    Re 4.0.1...Earlier today on tipb, they mentioned there was a change to Bluetooth/car functionality. And FaceTime/game center parental controls.

I will NOT be an early adopter again.
    Overall, I think I liked 3.1.2 jailbroken, over 4.0.
    Do you know how to downgrade back to 4.0?
    07-15-10 09:47 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD