I'm a happy user of a Bold 9000 except a small detail; my iCal doesn't sync correctly with my phone. The iCal categories are not recognized and it's a pain.

So I decide to go iPhone when the 4G comes out and this was a closed deal. But just yesterday, I realized that invitation request on an iPhone without an Exchange server is a feature that requires a specifically an Exchange server. I am on BIS and I always thought that this was given. Now I'm thinking that I may as well stay on BB if this feature does not come along with OS4.

How do you guys handle this "problem" on your iPhone, if you don't have access to a dedicated Exchange server?
    05-17-10 01:18 AM
    I'm not 100% sure, but perhaps Apples MobileMe service might help with that?You'll have to read up on it to be sure. (I don't use it).
    If so, there are some changes rumored to be coming to MobileMe soon, where some of it's services will become free.
    05-17-10 05:50 AM
    Thank you for the response. After searching thoroughly google, I believe that there is no other way than have a private Exchange server for myself or go work a company that has a proper IT team to manage our mobile data service. Apparently, even MobileMe doesn't support that feature.

Otherwise, concerning MobileMe, it better become free. I used to be a believer of Apple's iTools. Today, why am I supposed to pay $100 for a service equivalent to the one proposed freely by Google?
    05-17-10 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD