Anybody who keeps a pulse on social media will notice iphones are being bashed with increased frequency. What stands out most is the comment that iphone is boring and they are switching to a BB10 powered phone when available. This is most relevant in comments sections of mobile news articles.

Something is up folks, there is an under current brewing, a backlash if you will of sorts, you can sense it, see it, hear it,feel it!

2013 looking better and better for BB10 powered phones!
    01-02-13 12:46 PM
    I don't experience the same level of enthusiasm as you, however I like the sentiment. I have seen some voice certain frustrations with iOS but at the same rate, those same people just expect that it's par for the course and live with it.

Many people who I try to influence are not interested in anything to do with BlackBerry at this point, however there are a select few that miss the Berry to be sure.

I remain optimistic but at this point I'm ready for the device to do the talking. It will all come out in the wash, as they say. Ironically I had a dream today that it was launch day, and the phones were already in stores... then I woke up and I realized I'm way more emotionally invested than I thought.
    DocDRM and Barljo like this.
    01-02-13 01:41 PM
    I can't see BlackBerrys being the ones that benefit from any perceived bashing of iApple.
    They, like Apple, have lost their way, without benefit of being known for hardware quality. Both haven't a clue when it comes to apps - though Apple's misconceived, badly designed and poorly tested apps, often then embedded into the iOS, gain more media traction - and must rely on 3rd Party apps for most of their customer satisfaction.
    If Apple has anything to worry about, its that these 3rd Party developers see more creative license and profit in working with Android devices and abandon (or at least, 2nd tier) the iOS - and that customers appreciate this, while benefiting from a device that costs a fraction of the iApple.
    magutwit likes this.
    01-04-13 07:06 AM
    I don't see a lot of bashing, but I do see some disinterest that I haven't seen before. It used to be that when a new iPhone or iPad was announced, my social network would light up with glowing adoration. With the last couple, there's been little reaction to it.

More troubling in my network is the number of people I've seen leave iPhones in the last four months to 'try something else'. Usually it's been a Samsung Galaxy but one also went for Nokia Lumia. Several of them were committed iPhone users.

Still, it's not quite the same as RIM's challenge. In the same social network, people leave BlackBerry and proudly announce it. ("Oh my BlackBerry died! Whoohoo - time to get an iPhone!!!"). It's kind of hip to bash RIM. And sadly, the Canadians are the worst for it.
    eddy_berry and magutwit like this.
    01-04-13 07:11 AM
    I don't experience the same level of enthusiasm as you, however I like the sentiment. I have seen some voice certain frustrations with iOS but at the same rate, those same people just expect that it's par for the course and live with it.

Many people who I try to influence are not interested in anything to do with BlackBerry at this point, however there are a select few that miss the Berry to be sure.

I remain optimistic but at this point I'm ready for the device to do the talking. It will all come out in the wash, as they say. Ironically I had a dream today that it was launch day, and the phones were already in stores... then I woke up and I realized I'm way more emotionally invested than I thought.
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    01-04-13 09:30 AM
    Honestly, I don't see much point in rooting for the competition to lose. Apple makes an excellent product. I believe it has issues, but it has developed a very strong following and won't disappear overnight. Hanging on social media trends is maybe... interesting, but I'm not going to break out the champagne.

The fact is, Apple is now facing the same kind of challenge that RIM faced three years ago: continue to update an aging platform, or build a new one? RIM, in its way, actually enjoys an advantage there, because it has few enough customers now that it can get away with making a clean break. Apple won't have as easy a time.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-04-13 09:39 AM
    That's exactly what I read today in an article in Stategies (a French pro magazine on marketing/media/communication). That article was about the bad year Apple had and cited the new phenomenon of Apple-bashing, which is supposed to be due the fact that originally Apple got a lot of traction from geeks and that they get really tired from iPhone1,2,3,4,5,(6), the average user just follows the trend.
    The article cites an example of a geek event held annually in Paris in December. According to journalists two years ago 90% of participants had an iPhone and this year many had Nexus4, GalaxyS3 and Note2. Galaxy is the big winner (but as far as I get, they spend much more money on advertising, I can look for numbers if you want), it is supposed to be profitable to WP8 as well, as many geeks are "seduced" to have a new phone nobody likes so far.

The bad news is that there is no profit for Rim and that the article is not pessimistic at all on the year 2013 (if Apple does something extraordinary with their TV-set, this can come back very quickly). Voil�
    01-04-13 10:12 AM
    Send the link, interesting they pick up on this. In regard to BB10 not being of net benefit , well of course, BB10 powered products are not in the market yet,lol.
    That's exactly what I read today in an article in Stategies (a French pro magazine on marketing/media/communication). That article was about the bad year Apple had and cited the new phenomenon of Apple-bashing, which is supposed to be due the fact that originally Apple got a lot of traction from geeks and that they get really tired from iPhone1,2,3,4,5,(6), the average user just follows the trend.
    The article cites an example of a geek event held annually in Paris in December. According to journalists two years ago 90% of participants had an iPhone and this year many had Nexus4, GalaxyS3 and Note2. Galaxy is the big winner (but as far as I get, they spend much more money on advertising, I can look for numbers if you want), it is supposed to be profitable to WP8 as well, as many geeks are "seduced" to have a new phone nobody likes so far.

The bad news is that there is no profit for Rim and that the article is not pessimistic at all on the year 2013 (if Apple does something extraordinary with their TV-set, this can come back very quickly). Voil�
    Qmax likes this.
    01-04-13 05:36 PM
    If Apple has anything to worry about, its that these 3rd Party developers see more creative license and profit in working with Android devices and abandon (or at least, 2nd tier) the iOS - and that customers appreciate this, while benefiting from a device that costs a fraction of the iApple.
    And then reality ......
    BlackBerry apps are likely to deliver more app income per month than other platforms (with an average revenue of $3853) followed by iOS (average revenue of $3693) and Android ($2735
    Read more at Inside the App-Economy Making Big Money Is Far From a Sure Thing | Cult of Mac
    magutwit likes this.
    01-04-13 06:29 PM
    I noticed the same thing. When Apple sites like BGR start posting negative articles on the iPhone you know something is up. Screen size and the tired good for App running only OS is the reasons I wont buy one.
    01-08-13 04:44 AM
    And then reality ......
    BlackBerry apps are likely to deliver more app income per month than other platforms (with an average revenue of $3853) followed by iOS (average revenue of $3693) and Android ($2735
    Read more at Inside the App-Economy Making Big Money Is Far From a Sure Thing | Cult of Mac
    I can believe that considering app world is smaller, with higher app prices. I wonder why they ignored the top 5% apps.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    01-08-13 07:05 AM
    Send the link, interesting they pick up on this. In regard to BB10 not being of net benefit , well of course, BB10 powered products are not in the market yet,lol.
    I've checked the site, the article is available for subscribers only (I've read it in the paper edition ).
    Sorry for the late answer, I didn't notice it...
    01-08-13 07:15 AM
    No problem. I predict BB10 will have Samsung as it's competition in 2013/2014 not apple, I see a decline ahead for apple. Innovation will be the buzz for some time and frankly apple has had no real innovation since Jobs passing, the goodwill since is evaporating.
    I've checked the site, the article is available for subscribers only (I've read it in the paper edition ).
    Sorry for the late answer, I didn't notice it...
    01-08-13 09:15 AM
    I wouldn't count Apple out. The recent move of putting Johnny Ive in charge of hardware and software user experience could yield some pretty interesting results ...
    01-08-13 10:21 AM
    I see a decline ahead for apple. Innovation will be the buzz for some time and frankly apple has had no real innovation since Jobs passing, the goodwill since is evaporating.
    That same article stressed that it'll all depend on the new Apple TVset : if it REALLY is innovative, the image will be restored and the return may be quick...
    01-08-13 10:43 AM