But truth be it I dont care either way really. The iphone app may be pretty but I dont need to sit on facebook all day or check it 20 times a day, there's this little something called real life people have forgotten to live off social networking.

The BB app is plenty functional to do what you need to do out and about, like check what someone posted, write/read a message, add a person, or upload a picture
    03-25-10 11:28 PM
    Whether they have one or one hundred devices, there should never be an "excuse" for issues with an OS. If anything, "DO NOT RELEASE IT UNTIL IT'S SOLVED".

Google is going down the same path, without the reputation of having "fail" being posted behind what ever they do. Heck, wave was/is a fail and no one even talks about it and says that. So although Google has a lot of different OSes and such, I just don't see it happening with Android.

If you notice something, a majority of the Android devices are HTC & Motorola. They have their winning formula, so they're able to pump out 20 devices.
    03-25-10 11:33 PM
    So after a heated debate down here I posted a poll in different threat just to see what everyone's opinion actually is.... why not... maybe someone from RIM will take notice lol and I just wanted to know ....

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=443107
    03-25-10 11:56 PM
    This is what cracks me up, I never said that Apple made the app for the iPhone. That was not even the point that I was making. So once again the point is that apps are better on the iPhone and not so great on the Berry. And as another poster said maybe it has more to with FB not really caring about having to deal with the dev tools that are needed to make apps for the Berry. I say this with respect but you really need to read my posts before you quote me a respond, or we will end up in another pointless debate.
    I in no way insinuated that. I was merely stating the fact that RIM made the app to give customers something, when facebook didn't step up and do it themselves. Please don't think that every comment is intended to start a fight, most people are just here to share opinions.

This iphone section of the site has grown extremely hostile for no good reason, and I plan to avoid it from now on. If anyone wants to chat with me about iphones, I'll happily do it on tipb or macrumors. This section of the forum is just a breeding ground for bitterness and negativity. Everyone is fighting over nothing and simple comments get taken way out of proportion. Check ya later all, I'm out.
    03-26-10 01:20 AM
    It's like a game console vs. a PC. Both have the same basic guts, more or less, but the game console is locked down to do a set list of action whereas the PC is open to more outside causes for trouble.
    03-26-10 11:01 AM
    coming from a business student point of view, it all boils down to market segmentation and the target consumers.

the marketing of RIM and Apple is completely different.
    take Apple for example, they only have that few range of products and what they do every year is just to come up with an improved version. that's their marketing strategy which is drastically different from RIM.

Personally i feel that one shouldn't argue that XYZ company should follow ABC company because each company is different.

ultimately, consumers want choices and varieties. if every phone company is the same, then where is the point of differentiation?
    03-26-10 11:39 AM
    most of my blackberrys problems are easily fixed if i know what im doing.

when i had my iphone, if something was wrong i had to take it to the store and get it replaced. (i went through 3 iphone 3gs's and 2 original iphones)
    03-26-10 11:55 AM
    Ok I see what you mean, The BB facebook can include all that stuff also, they just have to put it in there. Unfortunately, they wont do that unless we bug them enough to do it. All that has nothing to do with the BIS though. Since you mentioned BIS, I figured that was a reference to how slow the apps are, my bad. About the twitter apps though, I find twitter useless, so I have no idea what content is in BB twitter apps or iPhone twitter apps, sorry.

Edit: One more thing, to get all those iPhone-like Facebook features into BB Facebook we would need tons more app memory, so this plays in perfectly to your first point about app memory.
    So if RIM can do a FB app that is as good as the iPhone then why don't they. Either they can't do it at this time or they do not care enough about their own customer base to give them a full featured FB app. Again I am not a Berry hater, I used to use them, but when it comes to apps there is just no way to compare a Berry and an iPhone and have the Berry come out looking better.
    I told you why not right then and there. (first bolded statement in my post) It's real simple, RIM isn't going to add all these features to help a few people out when the app as it is is already widely used and liked. It's just like their phones, they will continue to make minuscule improvements over time no matter how quickly the "competition" is innovating. Most people I meet in real life don't care about their Facebook app not being up to par with iPhone's version so it seems the only people that care are on the forums, which is an extremely small amount of total users. In fact, only one person I can think of did care, and she came from an iPhone 3G to a Storm2 and has hence gone back to a 3GS. Maybe, however, those other people do care but they don't care enough to complain. Idk.

As per your statement that I highlighted in bold, I can respect that. I am no iPhone hater, and when it comes to apps there is definitely no way to compare, and their shouldn't be a comparison done in the first place as BB's and iPhones are just too wildly different. It's been said once, it'll be said a thousand more times. "If someone wanted a device that had functionality of an iPhone, then why didn't he/she get an iPhone?" To that I answer: "the world may never know. "
    03-26-10 06:58 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD