Curious:

I have a few people in my Address book that had an iOS device, and thus used iMessage at one time or another.

A few of them have since switched to another device. If I send them a message from an iOS device, how can I force it to send the message via SMS\Text immediately versus waiting for it to try iMessage first, then eventually sending as a SMS\Text?

Thanks in advance

Ivan
    11-11-11 01:03 PM
    In my experience it should know off the bat which to do. If they drop iOS it may take a bit the first time and end up sending as SMS, from there it should know it's SMS straight away. Not sure there is any way to force it however.
    11-11-11 01:15 PM
    Curious:

I have a few people in my Address book that had an iOS device, and thus used iMessage at one time or another.

A few of them have since switched to another device. If I send them a message from an iOS device, how can I force it to send the message via SMS\Text immediately versus waiting for it to try iMessage first, then eventually sending as a SMS\Text?

Thanks in advance

Ivan
    If you change their mobile number from iPhone designation to mobile in your contacts list that should do it, Ivan. Other than that its automatic as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    11-11-11 01:16 PM
    Navi I believe if you send the first message out and it switches to SMS the rest will be SMS after the initial one switches...I hope that makes sense.

Once your phone detects that it has to be a SMS it will stay that way until an iMessage reconnects and in this case it won't
    11-11-11 01:16 PM
    Do you guys have any idea as to why sometimes it switches from iMessage to a SMS if the other person I'm texting has an iPhone?
    11-13-11 10:08 PM
    If there is a poor cloud connection or issues with iCloud it sends as a text. Also I believe if the other person is on iOS 4.3 it will send as text. There are still many people who haven't updated (I've probably seen 10-20 this week alone at work who didn't know anything about ios 5 being out).

11-14-11 02:39 AM
    If there is a poor cloud connection or issues with iCloud it sends as a text. Also I believe if the other person is on iOS 4.3 it will send as text. There are still many people who haven't updated (I've probably seen 10-20 this week alone at work who didn't know anything about ios 5 being out).

I'm going to walk my dad through the process of updating his iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-15-11 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD