I'm personally glad to see this. Truly no reason what so ever to stay with Blackberry anymore.
    lssanjose likes this.
    06-06-11 01:17 PM
    As a BBM user (on my work phone) I'm really excited about iMessages for my iphone!
    06-06-11 01:26 PM
    I couldnt agree more. I have an android phone and was considering going back for bbm. Imessage is everything bbm is! There is absolutely no need to own a bb anymore!
    06-06-11 01:27 PM
    I still can't believe iCloud is free. Apple is really looking to compete with Google sync.
    06-06-11 01:37 PM
    Apple is looking to nail the RIM coffin shut.
    I just switched to an iphone about 10 days ago and just had the conversation with the girlfriend over the weekend that BBM is literally the only thing I missed (since she currently has a BB). I sent her a text about iMessage and her response to me was "now I have to get an iphone!"
    Do you think iOS 5 will able to be used on a iPhone 4?
    06-06-11 01:42 PM
    Of course.
    06-06-11 01:45 PM
    I'm following the live coverage by engadget and I must say, that's how you supposed to update an OS! Not keeping everyone waiting for a long time with an incremental update. iOS 5 contains some huge updates.
    06-06-11 01:55 PM
    Yes. They said it will be on iPhone 3GS and forward and 3rd Gen iPod touch and forward and iPad 1 & 2. So obviously any new iOS devices coming this fall will have it as well.
    mrsadkins9399 likes this.
    06-06-11 01:57 PM
    I still can't believe iCloud is free. Apple is really looking to compete with Google sync.
    Agreed. But seemingly the iCloud is much better because it syncs almost everything across all devices including PCs. So just one thing that syncs everything instead of needing several different programs to sync different things OTA. Pretty impressive at a price of 0.
    06-06-11 02:00 PM
    I'm really excited about iOS 5!
    06-06-11 02:06 PM
    Too bad we have to wait until the Fall.
    06-06-11 02:08 PM
    Too bad we have to wait until the Fall.
    Agreed. But they didn't want to release this new OS with old hardware. They want to unleash it and all the services with a brand new phone or else many people will just be content with iOS 5 on iPhone 4 and won't upgrade. Sure some people would upgrade regardless but making people hold on to the older OS for a little longer will make many people buy the new one impulsively because it's new. But I do agree, I would have liked it now but it's all strategy. And plus they are probably still working on their data center to get ready for all this. iOS 5 is going to be great. What will make this better is iPhone 5 with a similar size, 4 inch screen, upgraded hardware, aluminum backing like the iPad on all 4 major US carriers.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-07-11 at 09:22 AM.
    06-06-11 02:19 PM
    I thought I read on everythingicafe that it was 24.99 a year. I'll have to double check
    06-06-11 02:24 PM
    Its only $25 if you want to sync your own ripped music to the cloud, if you choose not to do that its free.

I thought I read on everythingicafe that it was 24.99 a year. I'll have to double check
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 02:29 PM
    Its only $25 if you want to sync your own ripped music to the cloud, if you choose not to do that its free.

Basically the record label tax. I'm even surprised about that being so cheap.
    06-06-11 02:40 PM

Got it. Thanks
    06-06-11 02:55 PM
    After being a loyal BB Fanboy for years I am glad I made the switch to an iPhone. Haven't looked back.
    06-06-11 03:37 PM
    That's the music Cloud feature. For $25/year they will basically store any song on your iTunes that's in the iTunes store (whether you bought it or not)and they will actually upload any songs you have that are not in iTunes store and you can share that music library with any device (in my case about 45gb of music, none if it purchased). They don't upload most of the songs, they just keep the tags, so there's no uploading time. That's a pretty sweet deal. I now pay Carbonite $55/year just to backup my music and pix (it's gonna take about 2 weeks for complete backup). They'll back it up and let me use it on my iPad, iPod touch, and iPhone (when I get one). Sweet. The onlyl difference between this and actually storing it on the phone is you have to stream it. But if you have a 128 bitrate MP3 copy on your PC or Mac they'll stream it down at 256 bitrate AAC. How's about them Apples? (What I don't know is can I resore if my Mac crashes).
    Last edited by thebignewt; 06-06-11 at 03:42 PM.
    06-06-11 03:38 PM
    Hate to say it but, I am very happy I switch from the BB Torch to 3GS...iOS 5 makes it very worth the switch. Good job by Apple for supporting 3GS models also. Apple is going to make an awesome phone and tablet devices even better.
    06-06-11 04:38 PM
    I also came over from a BB Bold 9650 and don't regret it. The iPhone is just easy to use. I don't think that there is ANYTHING I miss about the BB at this point.
    06-06-11 06:45 PM
    Agreed. But they didn't want to release this new OS with old hardware. They want to unleash it and all the services with a brand new phone or else many people will just be content with iOS 5 on iPhone 4 and won't upgrade. Sure some people would upgrade regardless but making people hold on to the older OS for a little longer will make many people buy the new one impulsively because it's new. But I do agree, I would have liked it now but it's all strategy. And plus they are probably still working on their data center to get ready for all this. iOS 5 is going to be great. What will make this better is iPhone 5 with a similar size, upgraded hardware, aluminum backing like the iPad on all 4 major US carriers.
    i really hope this is will become true during the fall of 2011?
    06-06-11 08:06 PM
    I have been crying about this ever since I first grabbed an iphone. Finally! Since I had an apple computer, I was shocked not to see the "iMessaging" or "iTalk" stuff on the phones. I'm guessing each ID will be tied to the phone itself, just like BBM tied to the unit itself with a unique ID.
    06-06-11 09:36 PM
    I just want to say, in anticipation of iOS 5, and iMessage, I've already deleted all those stupid IM apps that are inconsistent (BeeJive, LiveProfile, Ping!, WhatsApp, etc.)

Just saying...
    06-07-11 07:24 AM
110 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD