- CrackBerry Genius
- 2,264 Posts
imessage down again
When imessage goes down, it is:
"Nothing to see here. Move along."
When the Blackberry network goes down, it makes tech news headlines.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
- 11-19-12, 12:59 AM #3
If no one noticed when the RIM servers go down, it would mean no one cares anymore and that would be a bad thing.
That being said, when BlackBerry services go down it's a lot more noticeable as all your phone's smart features (email, IM, Internet) are out of commission...it essentially becomes a "dumb" phone.
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
11-19-12, 02:30 AM #6
- 14,442 Posts
To get your internet connection to work you just have to navigate to the carrier's bookmark in the browser, that always disconnects the BIS connection.
- 11-19-12, 02:49 AM #7
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure more than 50% of the emails sent daily around the world still travel through BlackBerry networks I believe. No one cares if iMessage goes down because people don't rely on it.
- 11-19-12, 03:34 AM #8
- 11-19-12, 06:49 AM #10
Went down at a very inconvenient time for me, got a replacement 4s yesterday and thought my AppleID had been messed up when iMessage wouldn't activate and kept telling me my password was incorrect. I guess the difference between an iMessage outage and a BBM outage is that i could still send/receive messages as it merely defaulted back to SMS whereas BBM doesn't do that.
- 11-27-12, 09:45 AM #13
- By banshee714 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 01-14-09, 12:34 PM
- By MysticMoonstone in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-22-08, 03:40 PM
- By chopsticks in forum SprintReplies: 16Last Post: 11-29-08, 07:47 PM
- By livspop in forum Other US CarriersReplies: 5Last Post: 05-05-08, 02:48 PM
- By ladder713 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-21-08, 10:58 PM