http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57...er-disruption/

When imessage goes down, it is:
    "Nothing to see here. Move along."

When the Blackberry network goes down, it makes tech news headlines.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    11-18-12 11:52 PM
    Thats the tech worlds way of saying RIM, your just that important .)
    Last edited by Dapper37; 11-19-12 at 02:27 AM.
    Knightcrawler and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-19-12 12:19 AM
    If no one noticed when the RIM servers go down, it would mean no one cares anymore and that would be a bad thing.

That being said, when BlackBerry services go down it's a lot more noticeable as all your phone's smart features (email, IM, Internet) are out of commission...it essentially becomes a "dumb" phone.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    11-19-12 12:59 AM
    This thread already goy closed once by bigbadwolf
    11-19-12 01:20 AM
    This thread already goy closed once by bigbadwolf
    Yeah, because a couple posters couldn't stop bickering.
    titans30dude likes this.
    11-19-12 01:55 AM
    If no one noticed when the RIM servers go down, it would mean no one cares anymore and that would be a bad thing.

That being said, when BlackBerry services go down it's a lot more noticeable as all your phone's smart features (email, IM, Internet) are out of commission...it essentially becomes a "dumb" phone.
    That's not exactly true, internet and apps that can use a direct connection to the carrier still work like radio streaming apps for example.

To get your internet connection to work you just have to navigate to the carrier's bookmark in the browser, that always disconnects the BIS connection.
    11-19-12 02:30 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure more than 50% of the emails sent daily around the world still travel through BlackBerry networks I believe. No one cares if iMessage goes down because people don't rely on it.
    11-19-12 02:49 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure more than 50% of the emails sent daily around the world still travel through BlackBerry networks I believe. No one cares if iMessage goes down because people don't rely on it.
    About 350 billion emails sent per day. 80 million Blackberries connected to the network. At 50%, that would mean the average Blackberry owner receives about 2187 emails a day. Since I doubt the average BB owner receives over 2000 emails every day, I suspect the percentage of emails that travel through RIM's network is much smaller than 50%.
    11-19-12 03:34 AM
    #everlastingBeta + #loveBrand = #lulabilly.
    But "one day my prince will come" now turns to "Tomorrow BB10 will come".

Stay.tuned.
    11-19-12 03:50 AM
    Went down at a very inconvenient time for me, got a replacement 4s yesterday and thought my AppleID had been messed up when iMessage wouldn't activate and kept telling me my password was incorrect. I guess the difference between an iMessage outage and a BBM outage is that i could still send/receive messages as it merely defaulted back to SMS whereas BBM doesn't do that.
    11-19-12 06:49 AM
    Losing a leg ≠ losing a toe.

I know it fits into the anti-rim world view, but comparing iMessage to RIM's networking infrastructure does RIM a huge disservice. C'mon.
    11-19-12 09:56 AM
    That's not exactly true, internet and apps that can use a direct connection to the carrier still work like radio streaming apps for example.

To get your internet connection to work you just have to navigate to the carrier's bookmark in the browser, that always disconnects the BIS connection.
    Didn't know that. Thanks I'll have to give that a shout if there's ever another outage.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    11-19-12 11:26 PM
    Went down at a very inconvenient time for me, got a replacement 4s yesterday and thought my AppleID had been messed up when iMessage wouldn't activate and kept telling me my password was incorrect. I guess the difference between an iMessage outage and a BBM outage is that i could still send/receive messages as it merely defaulted back to SMS whereas BBM doesn't do that.
    This. When the outage happened in 2011, I was left with a BB brand paperweight.

When iMessage goes down, I can still text and use my phone for something other than keeping papers from blowing off my desk when the air kicks on.
    11-27-12 09:45 AM