hey guys question/s , i dont have unlimited data anymore with att but i know ill be using imessage alot daily with my wife and soon to be iphone owners friends of ours given that sprint gets it and t mobile. now my question is how much data is one imessage text? i send about 4000-6000 text monthly will this required much data. how much data is a bbm if imessage works the same way .. any bbm users out there want to add to this or those using ios 5 imessage.
    09-16-11 07:49 PM
    I used a data calculator on my carriers website.

4K - 6K texts is between 100 & 200 Mb.

They show the average IM as 0.03 Mb, and the avg. email as 0.02 Mb.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 09-16-11 at 08:45 PM.
    bbqsanchez likes this.
    09-16-11 08:40 PM
    umm i should be good then lol , what carrier do you have ?
    Last edited by bbqsanchez; 09-17-11 at 12:09 AM.
    09-17-11 12:06 AM
    I'm with Telus in Canada.

Your carrier probably has something similar on their website.

Oh, and don't forget. If you have access to wifi during the course of your day, you'll use up even less of your mobile data plan.

Also, not sure how much web browsing you do, but data usage is higher on an iPhone over a BB, because BB compresses your data, iPhone does not.
    I found I was using about 40% more data after I switched.

What device are you using now?
    09-17-11 09:40 AM
    i had an iphone 4 and it felt in the toilet. so i have being using an dumbphone lol since last november. i had unlimited data but since i wasnt using i cancel the plan. my friend works at att and always told me that we never used more then 1 gb , my and wife. i pretty much do alot of facebook and twitter. not alot of youtube i like to that on a computer. and excessive texting. i also do average web surfing but no alot. i had alot of apps like cnet,tipb, etc where i would read and stuff dont know how much usage that is.
    09-17-11 11:08 AM
    You'd probably be fine with a 500 Mb plan.
    Or 1 Gb for the both of you.

Luckily, you've already had an iPhone, so you know your usage patterns.

I started out with a 500 Mb data plan for my 3GS, because I averaged 300-400 Mb per month on my curve.

But, as time went on, I found I had to be careful not to download ANYTHING, not to do much streaming music (Slacker), be careful how much I used GPS apps, etc.
    I wasn't happy. couldn't use my device to it's potential.

Now, after many months waiting, Telus finally brought back the 6 Gb/month for $30 promo. I jumped on it!

Now I'm satisfied. No more worries.
    09-17-11 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD