I have an iPhone 4 and when i download ringtones and text alerts i have an issue. When i download cool text alerts that i want to use they end up in the RINGTONE folder on my iPhone and not in the ALERT section or folder. So i can access the specific alert but only set it or assign it to a ringtone and not a text alert like i would like. HOW DO I GET COOL TEXT ALERT DOWNLOADS AND BECOME ABLE TO USE THEM.

THANKS
    01-16-11 09:49 PM
    first of all, are you jailbroken ? lol
    01-17-11 12:18 PM
    No it is not jailbroken!
    01-17-11 09:46 PM
    then there's no way to assign any ringtones unless they are made in iTunes
    01-17-11 11:04 PM
    Thats horrible !
    01-18-11 11:49 PM
    Welp that was sorta my question. I m a new iPhone user and wondering if u can download ringtones. See BBs did not have this problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 12:39 AM
    You can download ringtones. A good site is Zedge.com

If is free. Just download the ringtone to your desktop, and throw them in your "ringtone" folder. You can downloard ringtones and assign them to contacts but you can not download text or mail alerts.
    01-20-11 02:18 PM
    Thats what im talking about i can get all the cool ringtones i want but its the alerts that i have issues with. Why cant we download alerts and put them in the alert folder???
    Seems kind of ridiculous.
    01-25-11 10:30 PM
    Thats what im talking about i can get all the cool ringtones i want but its the alerts that i have issues with. Why cant we download alerts and put them in the alert folder???
    Seems kind of ridiculous.
    Dont forget that you're dealing with Apple Inc. Very proprietary.
    01-26-11 06:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD