Does anyone know what software will come with it? I am in the uk and was told in the apple store they will set it up for me. Trouble is I am buying it as payg and putting my 8900 sim in it as my contract is not up yet. If they set it up for me does that mean they are likely to install3.1 to it and would that mean I cannot jailbreak?

I was close to buying one last week but had a change of heart due to the battery but have decided to use the trial period to decide, if jailbreaking is possible would they know at the store if I was to return it?

Anyone in the uk (essex area) know what the 3g coverage is like? I am with o2 but the 8900 is not 3g

Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 07:40 AM
    i would not worry about having the phone with 3.1, or updating to it, i am sure that the jailbreak will be out for that version withing a week, just like before...

on the battery front, at least for me, battery improved after about a week of charging it, (i charge every night) , so if i was you, i would keep it for at least a week ,
    09-11-09 07:47 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply, do you leave on charge overnight? Is it best to let it drain right down or just keep putting it on charge whenever I am near a power point?

Thanks again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 08:04 AM
    i always used to charge my phones overnight, and i still do, during the day with the iphone i sometimes plug it to the computer, worst case just get a car charger,

but overall, i dont really think that there is that much of a difference with the iphone and other smart-phones as far as a battery goes, i had the storm before, and it was just as bad,
    09-11-09 08:45 AM
    If they set it up for you in store, you will more than likely get OS 3.1, I wouldn't worry about a jailbreak, it's was posted yesterday that 3.1 is still vulnerable, it's just a matter of time. Your battery life should be no worse than any full featured smartphone if you turn off unnecessary services when not in use.
    09-11-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD