I came across this... and Sprint is telling people they are getting the iPhone and this is actually what they are launching...

Sprint - HTC EVO™ 4G

Guess my buddy's friend at Sprint lied to him about getting the iPhone... so that leaves ATT and big red left... I doubt it will go to TMO
    03-24-10 04:30 PM
    I do agree that Sprint won't get the iPhone, but how is this proof that your buddies, friend, cousins, sister, or whatever at Sprint lied to him?
    03-24-10 04:39 PM
    because he was told Sprint was getting the iPhone in Sept... this is coming out aug/sept .... HIGHLY doubt they would release the two almost simultaneously... in other words this is their iPhone they are getting
    03-24-10 05:06 PM
    I started a thread about a month ago saying Sprint was getting the iPhone.. and now I'm eating those words lol
    03-24-10 05:07 PM
    Sounds like you and your buddy need to get your facts straight and stop relying on rumors. If your buddies friend isn't in the top 5-10 people at Sprint, then it was always just a rumor.

I'm sorry you proved yourself wrong, it's cool you admitted though...
    03-24-10 05:15 PM
    Apple definitely wouldn't make a Sprint iPhone. They would most likely go T-Mobile or Verizon first.
    03-24-10 07:16 PM
    Sounds like you and your buddy need to get your facts straight and stop relying on rumors. If your buddies friend isn't in the top 5-10 people at Sprint, then it was always just a rumor.

I'm sorry you proved yourself wrong, it's cool you admitted though...
    It happens, i'm never like to admit I'm wrong, but am man enough to do it lol... and I emailed the link to my buddy... no response yet... I bet he is pissed.

I think it'll stay with AT&T... I know they annouced 18 billion in upgrades this year with 240 upgrades in cell site (prob to 3G) and 30 additional new cell sites just here in Ohio... so we'll see...
    03-24-10 11:22 PM
    i dont see them making a sprint iphone either.
    03-25-10 02:24 AM
    Apple definitely wouldn't make a Sprint iPhone. They would most likely go T-Mobile or Verizon first.
    I'm calling it now.. Introducing all encompassing same Apple iPhone 4G on T-Mobile as it will be on AT&T July 2010.

Apple will slow cook Verizon a couple more years. Apple doesn't need Verizon.. Apple looks business as a world market not the little biddy US Market Verizon only covers.
    03-25-10 07:23 AM
    I think Apple has pretty much pledged their allegence to AT&T. All three iPhones, most likely the new one. The iPad.

Apple <3 AT&T
    03-25-10 11:02 AM
    I'm calling it now.. Introducing all encompassing same Apple iPhone 4G on T-Mobile as it will be on AT&T July 2010.

Apple will slow cook Verizon a couple more years. Apple doesn't need Verizon.. Apple looks business as a world market not the little biddy US Market Verizon only covers.

Plus Big Red has first crack at the iPhone and said no... so I hope Apple keeps cooking them for as long as they'd like lol
    03-25-10 04:15 PM
    I think Apple has pretty much pledged their allegence to AT&T. All three iPhones, most likely the new one. The iPad.

Apple <3 AT&T
    I agree! As much as I would like Verizon to get the iPhone to see what would happen with Att, it's just not gonna happen.
    03-25-10 04:28 PM
    Plus Big Red has first crack at the iPhone and said no... so I hope Apple keeps cooking them for as long as they'd like lol
    I'd say T-Mo would get the new iPhone because Apple wouldn't have to change anything in their current devices, just activate T-Mo's GSM bands and boom, new iPhone for different carrier with zero R&D $'s spent. This would be the smartest way to gain more share in the U.S.
    03-25-10 04:28 PM
    I'd be willing to bet they release it on both T-Mo and AT&T... but otherwise it'll just stay on AT&T.. plus I think T-Mo is getting the new Samsung device that was just up on CNET and here on Crackberry

Samsung Galaxy S hands-on with video -- Engadget

It's GSM and I doubt it'll end up on AT&T
    Last edited by cleverocks22; 03-25-10 at 04:36 PM.
    03-25-10 04:32 PM
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that device lol, in that case, with the Galaxy most likely going to T-Mo then no new carrier should get the new iPhone in theory, as everyone is getting their own iPhone-like device. Btw, Samsung really copied the iPhone with that one huh
    03-25-10 04:39 PM
    sure did lol and I'm sure they just beat Apple to the punch with the upgraded 4G but knowing Steve Jobs he's got something up his sleeve no one will see coming with the new iPhone
    03-25-10 04:42 PM

Apple <3 AT&T
    Didn't Apple announce in it's keynote that the iPad would ship unlocked? Though with the mini-SIM, it might as well be locked for the time being. While I agree that Apple has clearly pledged their allegiance, I don't think it will stay that way forever.
    03-26-10 03:47 AM
    Sprint and Verizon are heading in the direction of Android. It allows them to sell a lot more hardware devices than just Apple's. They won't be going for the iPhone.
    03-26-10 12:07 PM
    sure did lol and I'm sure they just beat Apple to the punch with the upgraded 4G but knowing Steve Jobs he's got something up his sleeve no one will see coming with the new iPhone
    That's interesting because everyone saw what was coming with the iPad.
    03-26-10 12:07 PM
    Sprint and Verizon are heading in the direction of Android. It allows them to sell a lot more hardware devices than just Apple's. They won't be going for the iPhone.

I posted a thread in another forum how Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile should refuse to carry the iphone. Basically boycott the iphone in retaliation of the 3 year exclusive deal with AT&T. Everybody thinks the carriers need Apple but actually Apple needs the carriers. The iphone on AT&T will reach a saturation point.
    04-06-10 10:08 PM
    Um not really because MANY carriers in other countries carry it. The US is a VERY small piece of the cellular pie.

The US may have some 276 million cell subscribers but that pales in comparison to China (776 million), India (564 million) and the Europe(somewhere around 500 million). Those alone are almost 2 billion cell subscribers in those 3 countries.

Looking at the data (google it), and that there are about 4.5 billion cellular customers in the world, the US's 276 million or so is less than 1% of the world's cell subscribers.

And try again, if people want the iphone that bad theyll just defect to ATT eventually. Its happened already, and the carriers need Apple to to prevent their customers from leaving to ATT for the iphone.

Apple has PLENTY of people to sell iphones to outside the Us, they arent desperate for any carrier. I love these temper tantrums how carriers should boycott Apple though as if Apple cant (and hasnt) lived without them already.

Its always the sad Sprint fanboys whose carrier was never even approached by Apple because they dont even have enough CDMA customers worth selling the thing too (or can barely keep those as is). Even if you get 10% saturation on the carrier, 29 million CDMA customers doesnt move very many phones, a whopping 2.9 million, when ATT moves that in a few weeks alone.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-06-10 at 11:37 PM.
    04-06-10 11:13 PM
    And to add to that, Apple doesn't have to make a deal with AT&T for exclusivity or any carrier. They can just sell unlocked iPhones and people would still buy it. I paid the $600 for the 2G when it was released and I'm not even an apple loyalist (as that was the first Apple product I ever purchased).
    04-07-10 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD