Got one, waited 11+ hours in line. I really like it.
    06-25-10 08:59 AM
    Got one, waited 11+ hours in line. I really like it.
    I have heard plenty of things about the problems with the phone. If you restore
    from a 3G the scrolling might freeze in mail or general settings area.

- signal strength goes down when holding it
    - is it ok, with a bumper
    - scrolling freeze in mail or general settings

whats your experience thus far ...
    how are you using your iphone 4
    06-25-10 09:09 AM
    just got this yesterday. amazing phone, i love the folders feature... instead of 4928734928347 pages of apps, i have just 1.
    the screen is huge, and i absolutely love the crisp camera
    06-25-10 09:25 AM
    I have heard plenty of things about the problems with the phone. If you restore
    from a 3G the scrolling might freeze in mail or general settings area.

- signal strength goes down when holding it
    - is it ok, with a bumper
    - scrolling freeze in mail or general settings

whats your experience thus far ...
    how are you using your iphone 4
    It is a nice upgrade but it very familiar so nothing super incredible. I really like the battery life it's much improved. I am a texter and email kind of person so the unified email inbox is fantastic. Reception seems to be iffy but i noticed it's the meter because i can send texts even when no bars (nothing that a software update cant solve.)

Overall i really like it and i am sure most people will too. With apple it's the little things that make a particular feature better and there have times where i have caught myself saying "i love this phone."
    06-25-10 09:37 AM
    congrats to all of you that got the iPhone 4
    is a beautiful phone , I'm gonna
    stick with my 3GS for now using
    ios 4 I'm happy with it .. I'm gonna
    waith for the iPhone 5 wich
    should be compatible with the
    brand new lte 4g network can't wait
    enjoy ur iPhone 4 people .
    06-25-10 12:49 PM
    congrats to all of you that got the iPhone 4
    is a beautiful phone , I'm gonna
    stick with my 3GS for now using
    ios 4 I'm happy with it .. I'm gonna
    waith for the iPhone 5 wich
    should be compatible with the
    brand new lte 4g network can't wait
    enjoy ur iPhone 4 people .
    My hunch is that the 5th iphone *should* be and LTE device if Apple is really keeping up with the game, but your never know with those guys.

In the meantime the 4 is a pretty sweet edition
    06-25-10 02:09 PM
    I got mines yesterday also.. After 2hrs waiting for my moms pre-order I told the kid at the store if you can get me one without the email confirmation or waiting on the non-reserved line I will switch over and that's exactly what happened just sold my htc incredible from verizon and now rocking the iphone.. I gotta say am impressed with the battery I was able to get 14hrs with regular usage for me before I charged it again and it wasn't even near empty...
    06-26-10 12:46 AM
    I picked mine up yesterday after a 2 1/2 hour wait in the reserve line. I love the camera...the pictures are as good as the pictures using my Casio camera. Still trying to figure a few things out...but thats part of the fun
    06-26-10 01:22 AM
    I got mine on launch day waited 4 hours on the reserved line..wasn't to bad at all!! I am loving my new toy!! I must say I too am impressed with the battery life!!!! I have not been having the signal issues...left the Apple store with a bumper on it..and now I have the Belkin Grip Vue..Awesome case!!
    06-27-10 07:35 AM
    Hi Guys. I have a question. With the 16GB and 32GB models for iPhone 4, is there a difference in performance between the 2?

Say, if you have 7 Apps open at the same time, will the phone run slower or lag more on the 16 GB model as opposed to the 32GB model? Or is that memory simply just for storing music, pics, movies, etc... with no effect on performance?

Thanks.
    06-28-10 03:15 AM
    Hi Guys. I have a question. With the 16GB and 32GB models for iPhone 4, is there a difference in performance between the 2?

Say, if you have 7 Apps open at the same time, will the phone run slower or lag more on the 16 GB model as opposed to the 32GB model? Or is that memory simply just for storing music, pics, movies, etc... with no effect on performance?

Thanks.
    negative, both phones run identical. The difference is just storage
    06-28-10 07:28 AM
    I pre ordered my iphone 4 and recieved it on June 23rd which was a major plus. I didnt have to wait in any lines which was nice. I have been a die hard BB user for many years and in the past i have done a little iphone bashing. I tried all the iphones, but for some reason never really gave it a chance because in my mind i was a bb user and only a bb user.. I have two lines 1 for work and 1 for personal, i switched my personal bb over to the iphone 4 as soon as i got it and went into it with an open mind. The iPhone 4 is one of the cleanest, sleakist devices i have ever seen. I love most everything about it. The Face Time option is amazing, talked to friends from all over the world this weekend and it blew my mind that i could see them (I know this isnt new technology, but it was still pretty amazing). The only thing that is still hard for me is typing on the touch screen keyboard.. I am still up in the air on this. Many people have been complaining about not having good service, I have not had this issue, i dont know if it is because ATT has amazing service where i am at or what. The screen on the iPhone 4 is amazing!! Overall i have to say that i am beyond pleased with the iPhone 4, and i want to make an appology to all iPhone users that i may have bashed in the past, i will eat my words on this one! Dont get me wrong, i am a die hard bb user and will never be able to get rid of it, it has always been reliable and does exactly what i need!!!
    Last edited by JR750; 06-28-10 at 10:51 AM.
    06-28-10 10:44 AM
    negative, both phones run identical. The difference is just storage
    Thanks.

I'm also trying to figure out just how the iP4 recieves alerts for SMS, MMS, email, missed calls, VM, etc.... I couldn't find anything on Youtube.

Just curious, as the iP4 doesn't have a LED. Does the screen lightup to alert you? Keep in mind that I have my phone on silent and vibrate 99% of the time and rarely go by the audible alert, so right now I go by the LED for missed calls, etc... Also, my phone is almost always next to me. And, what about when the phone is in Sleep Mode?

Again, I couldn't find anything on Youtube that shows just how the iP alerts you and Google isn't helping much at the moment.

Is there and App for alerts? I'm thinking I may stay away from jailbreaking my phone.

Thanks again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Moonbaseone; 06-28-10 at 06:15 PM.
    06-28-10 06:13 PM
    Actually. I would like to know the same thing. I have owned nothing but BB's and I am pondering making the swap to iP4, but I rely on LED (I know iP4 doesn't have one) and audible/vibration notifications for messages and email. Does the iP4 support that? I know you get a little star on your mail app for example to alert you, but does it alert you audibly also?
    06-28-10 06:24 PM
    Thanks.

I'm also trying to figure out just how the iP4 recieves alerts for SMS, MMS, email, missed calls, VM, etc.... I couldn't find anything on Youtube.

Just curious, as the iP4 doesn't have a LED. Does the screen lightup to alert you? Keep in mind that I have my phone on silent and vibrate 99% of the time and rarely go by the audible alert, so right now I go by the LED for missed calls, etc... Also, my phone is almost always next to me. And, what about when the phone is in Sleep Mode?

Again, I couldn't find anything on Youtube that shows just how the iP alerts you and Google isn't helping much at the moment.

Is there and App for alerts? I'm thinking I may stay away from jailbreaking my phone.

Thanks again.

screen lights up with a blue and white notification box plus however many emails, texts, missed calls.. there is a red number on the right corner of that icon and yes it does vibrate and has audible notifications you can change for the appropriate notifications but until you swipe the unlock on the phone, it'll just say the last text or it'll say you have 2 texts from Ryan and 3 texts from Kimberly and 2 missed calls from Mom lol...

Anyone coming from BB should not have too much concern, it's not that much of an adjustment
    Last edited by cleverocks22; 06-28-10 at 06:34 PM.
    06-28-10 06:31 PM
    screen lights up with a blue and white notification box plus however many emails, texts, missed calls.. there is a red number on the right corner of that icon and yes it does vibrate and has audible notifications you can change for the appropriate notifications but until you swipe the unlock on the phone, it'll just say the last text or it'll say you have 2 texts from Ryan and 3 texts from Kimberly and 2 missed calls from Mom lol...

Anyone coming from BB should not have too much concern, it's not that much of an adjustment
    Thanks. What about Repeat Notifications? Can you set it up to notify you every 1 minute, or 30 seconds, or 45 seconds, etc....

Last edited by Moonbaseone; 06-28-10 at 07:24 PM.
    06-28-10 07:22 PM
    The repeat alert is only for text messages and it's every 5 minutes for up to two more times if you ignore a msg as far as I know... I don't think you can adjust the intervals but I could be wrong... I can't remember if I ever adjusted them on my 3GS or not lol since I synced from the backup of my 3GS all my old settings appeared in my iPhone 4 lol but i'll do some checking
    06-28-10 08:32 PM
    The repeat alert is only for text messages and it's every 5 minutes for up to two more times if you ignore a msg as far as I know... I don't think you can adjust the intervals but I could be wrong... I can't remember if I ever adjusted them on my 3GS or not lol since I synced from the backup of my 3GS all my old settings appeared in my iPhone 4 lol but i'll do some checking
    Thanks. I actually went in to a store to mess with the iP, but the demo wasn't on/working so - didn't get a chance to play with it.

06-28-10 08:56 PM
    If you want to go into a store your best bet is an Apple store, they'll have at least a half dozen of so demo models you can play with, make calls from, surf the web, etc
    06-28-10 09:07 PM
    My upgrade is Aug. 7, and in the meantime I bought a little 3G to make sure I was going to like it before I burned my UG. I really like it and cant wait for my 4G, i know it's going to be awesome.
    06-28-10 09:54 PM
    Sooo, I keep hearing from a lot of people that the notifications on the iP are bad. I have been trying to find videos on youtube that show how the phone notifies you of incoming/missed SMS, MMS, Email, and calls, but have yet to find a good one. So, what makes it so bad, assuming you think it is? And if you like it, why?

Keep in mind that I will more than likely avoid jail breaking my phone.

I am not near a Apple store plus I have been too busy to stop into a ATT store. And, truth be told, I HATE going to the brick and mortar ATT stores. But I will if/when I decide on the iP4.

Thanks again guys.
    07-01-10 12:46 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD