ok, iphones are eye candy, and they do taste good but still lame
    05-15-08 08:19 PM
    Most of us agree. I would never make the switch.
    05-15-08 09:57 PM
    I like my iPhone. Not as much as my Curve though!
    05-15-08 10:11 PM
    LOL, what a thread to start!
    I love Apple products, but this is one thing I could care less about.
    05-15-08 10:11 PM
    So many reasons to hate the iPhone. Like when I go to to get software and see they get it free but I'm expected to pay for it... F u and DIAF. Or AT&T not subsidizing the cost but locking you in for two years anyway... All the 'it can do this' or 'that' when this or that are half-assed watered down hype. Talk about the most over-hyped piece of hardware in history.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 11:54 PM
    Most of you hate the iPhone simply because it is easy to hate. You hate it because of the splash it has made, you hate it because it is well received, you hate it just to hate it.

The iPhone should be thanked. It dropped into a stagnant, stale cellphone market and created such hype and demand that it forced other companies to step up and make better phones. This is fact and you can deny it all you want, but that won't make it any less true. Never before has a phone been as imitated and copied as the iPhone, never before has a phone been as compared to as the iPhone.

The iPhone was released at a very high, premium price and managed to rocket to the number 2 position in the smartphone market in UNDER a year. That is extremely impressive if you ask me...

It is far from perfect, but it definitely does everything it claims to do, and does it well. It has a beautiful screen, a simple, pretty user interface, a wonderful web browser, it displays email like no other device before it, and it is a media powerhouse.

I said media powerhouse, so I am sure someone will come back with the obligatory, "who wants to watch movies on such a small screen," remark. The answer to that is a lot of people. When the BlackBerry releases an update media player, it is praised, but when the iPhone is praised for its media capabilities, that statement is often made. Why? Being able to watch movies on a cellphone is great for short plane trips, train trips, car trips, while in the waiting room at the service shop, while your wife is trying on clothes, during your lunch hour, while waiting on a client, etc... The fact is, it has its place, and it can't be denied that the iPhone is pretty much best of breed for it.

Again, the iPhone is not perfect, in fact, it is far from it. It is still a very nice device however, and does certain things very well, if not better than any device before it.

Hate is a byproduct of fear. The only reason to hate the iPhone is that you are afraid it might actually put a hurting on whatever device you love, in this case, your BlackBerry. You can love your Berry all day, but that doesn't mean you need to hate the iPhone. There is room for both, and they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Honestly, the world would be a boring place if we only had once choice for everything...

Oh yeah, one last thing. At&t has absolutely NOTHING to do with the pricing of the iPhone. The fact that it is not subsidized is purely because of Apple, not At&t.
    05-16-08 06:41 AM
    Most of you hate the iPhone simply because it is easy to hate. You hate it because of the splash it has made, you hate it because it is well received, you hate it just to hate it.

The iPhone should be thanked. It dropped into a stagnant, stale cellphone market and created such hype and demand that it forced other companies to step up and make better phones. This is fact and you can deny it all you want, but that won't make it any less true. Never before has a phone been as imitated and copied as the iPhone, never before has a phone been as compared to as the iPhone.

The iPhone was released at a very high, premium price and managed to rocket to the number 2 position in the smartphone market in UNDER a year. That is extremely impressive if you ask me...

It is far from perfect, but it definitely does everything it claims to do, and does it well. It has a beautiful screen, a simple, pretty user interface, a wonderful web browser, it displays email like no other device before it, and it is a media powerhouse.

I said media powerhouse, so I am sure someone will come back with the obligatory, "who wants to watch movies on such a small screen," remark. The answer to that is a lot of people. When the BlackBerry releases an update media player, it is praised, but when the iPhone is praised for its media capabilities, that statement is often made. Why? Being able to watch movies on a cellphone is great for short plane trips, train trips, car trips, while in the waiting room at the service shop, while your wife is trying on clothes, during your lunch hour, while waiting on a client, etc... The fact is, it has its place, and it can't be denied that the iPhone is pretty much best of breed for it.

Again, the iPhone is not perfect, in fact, it is far from it. It is still a very nice device however, and does certain things very well, if not better than any device before it.

Hate is a byproduct of fear. The only reason to hate the iPhone is that you are afraid it might actually put a hurting on whatever device you love, in this case, your BlackBerry. You can love your Berry all day, but that doesn't mean you need to hate the iPhone. There is room for both, and they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Honestly, the world would be a boring place if we only had once choice for everything...

Oh yeah, one last thing. At&t has absolutely NOTHING to do with the pricing of the iPhone. The fact that it is not subsidized is purely because of Apple, not At&t.
    /thread
    great reply!

anyone who thinks the bb can come close to the iphone/touch in media playback is fooling themselves. when i know i'm going to be sitting somewhere for a long period of time i take my touch with me to watch movies on.
    and our bb's are far from perfect. just search this forum for the term "battery pull" and you will see what i mean. i love my bb, but i respect apple devices and they kicked the market in the rear end, RIM realizes the impact enough to think about their own touch screen phone now too. so with the long standing touch screen trios why do it now? apple thats why.
    05-16-08 07:14 AM
    I just came back from a trip and the tv on my plane didn't work. I had my new 8330 and my ipod nano. Had a movie on the nano, and a couple episodes of BSG on my Curve. I enjoyed the Curve over the nano because of the better screen. I don't watch a lot of video on the go, it was rare that I was flying and had these two devices. But it was more than enough for me.

My brother has a ipod touch and it's to big to carry everywhere, can't imagine a thicker iphone. I agree it has helped the market grow more like leap frog to where it should have been years ago. Motorola and Nokia and others, were doing nothing for smartphones. Palm and Microsoft were battling it out, and both were not good for me. Blackberry's have been a great device for me and I have no intention to switch. I love the keyboard and that is why the iphone is not for me.
    05-16-08 08:26 AM
    What's the big deal of the iphone? Wow media mp3 player pffttt we in 2008 who ever who don't have an mp3 player is still living on stone age.

Yes the iphone is nice to brag show off u got a nive phone with touchscreen that's like getting a new pc when windows vista came out, and than u find many flaws and start disliking it.

05-16-08 08:36 AM
    I just hate that the iphone has no keyboard, and you cant change batteries.
    05-16-08 08:39 AM

I don't think people hate the iphone to hate it. I believe that people hate it because all these people try and compare it to the Blackberry and say Iphone is the best phone out there. It may be the best phone for entertainment but it�s not overall the best phone and that's people say they hate it.

And to be honest a lot of people have portable DVD players while traveling. I personally travel with my macbook so I never have the need to pull out my touch or my bb for anything while on a plane. And while shopping/waiting on people/lunch hour/etc I�m not watching videos on my phone or listening to music I�m texting, checking emails, and my facebook. Even at work when things are slow I�m not going to pick up my phone to browse the net. I either txt, browse the web on a computer, or listening to my ipod.
    05-16-08 08:48 AM
    Everyone has an opinion that has been stated over and over. For those of you that have iphones, that is your choice. I made the choice to get not one, but two curves. I plan on getting the Bold when it is released. I personally, don't hate the iphone. I'll just never by one. That it's my choice and it doesn't have anything to do with hate/love for the iphone. I handle my business, work issues, and helps keep me on point with daily tasks. Also, if the iphone inspired RIM to make a better berry for me, thanks. I'll reap the rewards with a new berry and you can still keep the iphone

05-16-08 08:49 AM
    Everyone has an opinion that has been stated over and over. For those of you that have iphones, that is your choice. I made the choice to get not one, but two curves. I plan on getting the Bold when it is released. I personally, don't hate the iphone. I'll just never by one. That it's my choice and it doesn't have anything to do with hate/love for the iphone. I handle my business, work issues, and helps keep me on point with daily tasks. Also, if the iphone inspired RIM to make a better berry for me, thanks. I'll reap the rewards with a new berry and you can still keep the iphone

Exactly. Thanks for the great Blackberry's.
    05-16-08 08:51 AM
    I Hate Apple they can go you know were I hate Steve he can join his company. I wouldn't say I hate the iphone though I hate how every moron thinks it's the greatest thing in the world and blows every other smart phone out of the water I mean you CAN"T EVEN MULTITASK or send an MMS so on and so forth actualy as a smart phone it sucks flat out however it is a great media phone probably the best and it is their first shot at a phone I'd say the dill weeds at apple did a pretty good job and the next one should be a sweet phone and I might even consider buying one if it wasn't made by APPLE I hate APPLE.
    05-16-08 09:02 AM

+1

great post
    05-16-08 09:42 AM
    I've used an iPhone for more than a few minutes and stick by my statements. Sure it's slick and does plenty of things well, but in my opinion it's still an overhyped, overpriced piece of shiny. I don't hate it to hate it, but mostly all the hype surrounding it is such crap. People went crazy over this thing and I just don't get it. <shrugs> I do hope the rumors of AT&T being able to subsidize it are true, because then it's price falls more in-line with other similar devices in pricing for that two year contract.
    05-16-08 09:46 AM
    BB Fanboy: BlackBerrys rule the world!
    iPhone Fanboy: iPhones rule the world!
    BB Fanboy: BlackBerry is better than iPhone because of yada, yada, yada...
    iPhone Fanboy: No, iPhone is better than BlackBerry because of yada, yada, yada...
    BB Fanboy: I don't like you because you think your device is the best in the world!
    iPhone Fanboy: Wait, aren't you just doing the same thing? Well, since you are doing the SAME THING, I don't like you either.

See the irony?
    05-16-08 09:59 AM
    I think it is all a matter of opinion. I personally chose a BB over an iphone and will not switch. Other people I know prefer the iphone. I don't hate iphones just the idiots that expect me to trade in my BB on one cause its "so great".

05-16-08 10:03 AM
    What's the big deal of the iphone? Wow media mp3 player pffttt we in 2008 who ever who don't have an mp3 player is still living on stone age.
    um, yeah, and bb fans love to brag about their multimedia playback on the bb.
    05-17-08 12:25 AM
    I an using an iPhone right now and I think its a great device. However, I have grown tired of the virtual keyboard and yern for a BB with full qwerty again. The Internet experience is top notch on an iPhone, music/multimedia is a lot of fun and well implemented too. I'm no fanboy but I have to give credit where credit is due. No need to hate on the device but maybe on the tools out there that think the phone is the best thing since slced bread. Which it is not.

05-17-08 08:56 AM
    See what I don't like about the iPhone is I shouldn't have to play "mother may I" with apple if I want to download an application, i should have iChat out of the box with it, and for a company with such a emphasis on visual, how can they NOT have a MMS under SMS?
    05-18-08 01:30 PM
    /thread
    great reply!

anyone who thinks the bb can come close to the iphone/touch in media playback is fooling themselves. when i know i'm going to be sitting somewhere for a long period of time i take my touch with me to watch movies on.
    and our bb's are far from perfect. just search this forum for the term "battery pull" and you will see what i mean. i love my bb, but i respect apple devices and they kicked the market in the rear end, RIM realizes the impact enough to think about their own touch screen phone now too. so with the long standing touch screen trios why do it now? apple thats why.

May I co-sign your post? I love my iPod Touch.

I am also getting sick of the "Let's bash the iPhone some more, because it's been 20 minutes, and I will not admit that in some ways the iPhone is better than the BB because that would be wrong, we must bash ALL THE TIME".

When I want to listen or watch media, I certainly do not reach for my BB.
    05-18-08 02:51 PM
    I Hate Apple they can go you know were I hate Steve he can join his company. I wouldn't say I hate the iphone though I hate how every moron thinks it's the greatest thing in the world and blows every other smart phone out of the water I mean you CAN"T EVEN MULTITASK or send an MMS so on and so forth actualy as a smart phone it sucks flat out however it is a great media phone probably the best and it is their first shot at a phone I'd say the dill weeds at apple did a pretty good job and the next one should be a sweet phone and I might even consider buying one if it wasn't made by APPLE I hate APPLE.
    Well that certainly is a well reasoned argument. Hate what is often a superior product because of the name of the company. Wow. I know I love how I have to pick and choose what is on my phone or else my piddly little 50 Mb will start eating my logs. Yep - BB is the end all be all product and is perfect simply because it's called Blackberry. WTG RIM!

What's funny is I used to hate Apple to, until I used their product and fell in love with what they have designed. I just hope I didn't sound that...lame about disliking Apple. It's almost like it's the cool thing to do now.

My brother has a ipod touch and it's to big to carry everywhere
    *blink* You're kidding. It's SMALLER than a Classic.
    05-18-08 02:58 PM
    A friend of mine who's got an iPhone nearly laughed at me when I told him I was going to buy a Curve instead of "the best phone of the market". I'm not saying I hate the iPhone, I think it's a wonderful device but the lack of a real keyboard and the fact that I would easily grow weary of the UI made me choose the Curve and I don't regret it (even though it's not perfect either)
    05-18-08 03:13 PM
    What really bugs me about the iPhone bashing is 99% of the time the argument is "I hate iPhone users because they think it's the best and try to get me to switch - don't they know BB is the best?"

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes. Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot.
    05-18-08 03:18 PM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD