I was wondering how good/strong the vibrate function is on the iPhone? I guess I am asking more specifically in regards to the iPhone 4 but if you own or have owned other models of the iPhone please comment as well.
    03-08-11 11:15 AM
    I was wondering how good/strong the vibrate function is on the iPhone? I guess I am asking more specifically in regards to the iPhone 4 but if you own or have owned other models of the iPhone please comment as well.
    Weaker than BlackBerry's.

But as a result, it's not so glaringly obnoxious.

But I think it's only because when a curve vibrates all the keys vibrate with it, making it sound louder.

It Vibrates enough to notice it's vibrating.

But maybe I'm not the best person to judge, I've never been one to need a high powered vibrator.
    03-08-11 03:06 PM
    Vibrate works great for me on my iPhone. I keep vibrate on 24/7. I never use a ringer or any other tones for alerts.
    03-08-11 03:08 PM
    It's pretty good. If you wear a bumper/case it dampens the vibration on tabletops etc.

The only thing I cant stand is the notifications when you are on the phone. It's not as customizable as BB. It will beep and vibrate against your ear to tell you about a new message.There isnt a way to keep vibrate on while having it off during calls while still having audio notifications. Or something like that, cant remember.
    03-08-11 03:53 PM
    My 3GS is vibrating ok ish. So far I have noticed it all the time if I was not moving. As I don't use a case etc. I can hardly feel it in my pocket hence if I'm moving I wouldn't recognise the vibration alarm.

Overall I'd say it's decent.
    03-08-11 04:07 PM
    I've owned a 3G, and two i4s. I can't really say which was stronger, but both are adequate. As stated above, it's not as much as the RIM products, but I like that.
    03-08-11 06:28 PM
    I'm a bit concerned with all this business that the vibrate isn't as strong as RIM products. The vibration strength of my Storm sucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-11 08:48 PM
    Better than my toothbrush.
    03-09-11 12:02 AM
    It's pretty good, not quite as strong as bberrys as everyone has said. This feature is sooo important for me, i have tried several android devices and i have been very surprised to find how weak their vibrate was.
    03-09-11 08:36 AM
    Better than my toothbrush.
    Wow...so inadvertently dirty...
    03-09-11 09:04 AM
    I think the vibrate is awesome. It totally rocks my pocket when the vibrate goes off. Did I mention how awesome it is?
    03-13-11 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD