Hi Everyone!
    I am currently a reasonably happy Curve owner (this replacement only bricks once a week, lol) who is considering switching to an Iphone 3gs. My concern is with the signal strength. My Curve works fine; however, I don't even know if the area around my house has 3g. So, if I have to depend on EDGE, will the phone work as well as my Curve?
    Thanks for your time!
    Just in case you are wondering, I am a current AT&T customer, they are the only provider that has service in my area.
    08-24-09 12:55 AM
    It's all location dependent, but edge on my iPhone is great.. 5 bars. I am usually on 3G which also has great reception.
    08-24-09 09:02 AM
    The 3GS has great signal strength, but it's all about location. My 3GS signal strength is on par or better than my Bolds.
    08-24-09 09:53 AM
    Ok i know this is a old thread but i just got my iphone and my signal is not all that good and iam 385ft from the tower. With my bb i had solid 3g here i have 3 bars if iam lucky and the same with my wifes also...What should i do...
    09-06-10 08:10 PM
    Ok i know this is a old thread but i just got my iphone and my signal is not all that good and iam 385ft from the tower. With my bb i had solid 3g here i have 3 bars if iam lucky and the same with my wifes also...What should i do...
    Go back to BlackBerry? You will never get as strong reception with the iPhone as you can with a BlackBerry. That said, if you're getting 3G and not dropping calls, then I wouldn't worry about what the bars say. They aren't that great of an indicator anyway and there is no standard for how they should read.
    09-06-10 09:32 PM
    Download an app called Speedtest. If while you're on 3G, you get close to 2Mbps, then the signal is pretty good. Apple recently did something to the signal meter so it shows fewer bars, but it's just a cosmetic change, the signal strength is the same. In my home, before the change, I was always getting 5 bars, but now I usually get 3.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 09-06-10 at 11:48 PM.
    09-06-10 11:40 PM
    Is there gonna be a fix for this or are they gonna just forget about the 3gs folks?
    01-05-11 06:42 AM
    Fix what? And why are you asking *us* if *they* are going to fix something?
    01-05-11 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD