Anybody done this on O2-UK network?
    05-19-10 02:36 AM
    good to know
    05-25-10 02:55 PM
    thanks for the thread, it really helped alot
    06-07-10 07:30 AM
    Hey Maestro...do you think the data plan flexibility will work with the new iphone?
    06-08-10 10:36 AM
    Just went through this entire thread! Some great info.

I'm currently on the iPhone 3g with iPhone unlimited data plan, but I plan on getting a Bold 9700 (buying outright, no contract upgrade) and would like to be able to switch between both phones. From what I gather, I am better off switching to a BB data plan and doing the APN steps on my iPhone from page 1.

My concern is losing my unlimited data plan on the iPhone. I plan on getting the iPhone4 around the end of July when I am eligible for a full upgrade discount. From what I understand, I can keep the unlimited data (instead of changing to the new 200mb or 5gb plan). But this may not matter if I need the BB data plan to make it all work right.

Would I be better off waiting to switch to the blackberry plan until after my iPhone4 purchase? Also, its not clear if iOS4 will work with the method on page 1 and then theres the issue of a different size SIM on the new iPhone device?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Was just looking at the plans and didn't realize the blackberry data plans are following the same 200MB or 2GB option. Might just drive me to keeping my iphone plan with an iphone if I cant get unlimited data on the BB.
    Last edited by Giant Panda; 06-13-10 at 02:50 AM.
    06-13-10 02:39 AM
    It's more iOS 4 than it is the new hardware. The people from unlockit said about a
    month ago on Twitter that it looks like they have a fix for it. We'll know once iOS 4
    is released though.
    06-14-10 06:17 PM
    Any updates seeing if this works with the new iOS?
    06-28-10 10:52 PM
    I read through this thread and I have a question. I am currently using my curve 8320. and my friend is selling me her iphone cuz she got the new iphone. I plan on attempting to jailbreak/unlock it myself. However, she upgraded it to OS4.0 I was wondering if anything came out so I can use my bb data plan with the OS 4.0. Can some1 please let me know.
    07-05-10 10:50 PM
    Any updates seeing if this works with the new iOS?
    ya i was thinking of this would work on ios 4 as well

how would we do the opposite?
    like use an iphone plan on a blackberry
    07-06-10 07:31 PM
    well I am on IOS 4.0 now. I just unlocked&jailbroke it. When I turn my wi-fi off it says E at the top next to my carrier. Does that mean its on the bb plan then? Cuz I am so scared to use it. I don't want to be overcharged. =/
    07-09-10 10:59 AM
    I have a BB Bold 9000 with the ATT unlimited data plan, got it last September. One of my friends upgraded to the iPhone 4 from the 3GS and I bought the 3GS from him. Its running iOS4.0 and I tried the unlockit as mentioned in the first posts of this thread and it worked with my BB plan. I haven't jailbroken or unlocked the phone, just did the APN unlock.

I just tried this last night and so far everything is going fine, no texts or emails from ATT saying I have the wrong plan. I'll probably end up switching back and forth between my BB and the 3GS. Although when I login to my ATT account online it says I'm using an iPhone, checked within 30 minutes of switching sim cards and performing APN unlock, so they are able to tell what phone I'm using. Also I am getting push email from my gmail account to the iPhone, but haven't tried visual voice mail simply because I don't get very many voice mails so its not that big of a deal to me.

I had been reading up on jailbreaking because when I first got the iPhone it would work but I couldn't use data except on wifi and I thought the jailbreak would fix it. Then I found this thread and it fixed my problem so I'm good to go!
    Thanks to whoever discovered this!
    07-23-10 10:45 AM
    i have a blackberry plan that i don't want to give up from t-mobile. Can something like this be done to a droid phone as well? or is this only for the iphone?
    07-27-10 01:24 PM
    well I am on IOS 4.0 now. I just unlocked&jailbroke it. When I turn my wi-fi off it says E at the top next to my carrier. Does that mean its on the bb plan then? Cuz I am so scared to use it. I don't want to be overcharged. =/
    'E' stands for your on the your carrier's 'Edge' network, there is nothing for you to be scared or worried about, just enjoy your iPhone. Your only able to use the G3 network if your on AT&T....
    07-29-10 08:13 PM
    Any updates using iOS4 with a blackberry plan and if ATT has said or charged anything?
    08-08-10 09:19 PM
    okay so i have the bold 9700 and the iphone 3gs ios4. i just did the apn thing from page one. put my sim in my iphone and i had service and everything but i didnt have internet. it said something like im not on a data service. is this because im on ios4 or is there another reason for this?
    08-27-10 08:20 PM
    okay so i have the bold 9700 and the iphone 3gs ios4. i just did the apn thing from page one. put my sim in my iphone and i had service and everything but i didnt have internet. it said something like im not on a data service. is this because im on ios4 or is there another reason for this?
    Are you sure you selected the correct one? US - AT&T? I just did this 10 days
    ago and it's working fine. I'm on 4.0.2
    08-29-10 01:30 PM
    hey u were right thats the one hting i didnt do...i skipped right over that step but now im all good...thanks a lot!! but any word on AT&T charging extra? cuz i wanna be able to do this but i really dont wanna get charged more...any extra info u could give me would help a lot..thanks...also my mms works...and i read earlier that it wasnt suppose to work so i dont know if unlockit was updated or something..thanks once again tho
    08-29-10 07:24 PM
    hey u were right thats the one hting i didnt do...i skipped right over that step but now im all good...thanks a lot!! but any word on AT&T charging extra? cuz i wanna be able to do this but i really dont wanna get charged more...any extra info u could give me would help a lot..thanks...also my mms works...and i read earlier that it wasnt suppose to work so i dont know if unlockit was updated or something..thanks once again tho
    Haven't been charged extra. Used to pay the $30 plan and now on the $25 plan.
    If they catch you all they do is switch you to the proper one. If they do that,
    just put your sim back in the BB and call them back to switch the plan.
    08-30-10 11:51 AM
    thanks for all ur help i really appreciate it!!
    09-01-10 12:23 AM
    Just wanted to say thanks, this was a big help for me!
    09-06-10 11:13 PM
    That�s really cool. Thanks, it�s a great help. Can it help for iPhone 4 too, running iOS4.1?
    Yes. I'm using the method with 4.1
    11-09-10 01:11 AM
    is this even relevant anymore since at&t changed changed to the 15 and 25 dollar data plans?
    01-10-11 07:06 PM
    Is there anything special you need to do if you then want to put that sim into an android as well?
    01-31-11 07:04 PM
198 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD