I'm curious how the apple application runs in comparison with, say, mobile youtube on a blackberry or whatever. Are there large differences between the way the different phones handle video content?

Something to think about as I become increasingly more interested in handheld multimedia...
    09-04-08 03:10 PM
    I think the iPhone youtube app is much better than the BB one. I have used/use both and I think the quality of the iPhone youtube app is better.

Edit: The iPhone handles the videos much better, but the quality really comes from what connection you are using. EDGE is decent quality, 3G is Good/Great quality and WiFi is the best quality.
    09-04-08 03:47 PM
    Yes, I've used both myself and I feel the quality is better on the iPhone as well. Not only because the iPhone handles videos better and not even because of EDGE/3g, but because it is a dedicated application and it works better than a media player getting the feed.
    09-04-08 05:33 PM
    Well, that pretty much clears it up...guess I'll have to test drive an iPhone next chance I can get.
    09-05-08 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD