I currently have a Blackberry Storm that has been ready for upgrade for a few months. I'm on the fence deciding between Android and iPhone. I have a *ton* of mp3's from the last 10 years. I don't want to put all of them on my smartphone, but I don't want to be severely limited either.

Can someone take me through the step-by-step process if I traded in for an iPhone snf plugged it in to my laptop's USB? I know I would have to download iTunes, but what comes next? I have mp3's from Napster circa 2000, Amazon, Yahoo, along with my own ripped CD's. I'm guessing iTunes would not recognize all of them. But would it try to convert them to iTunes format and make them unplayable?

Thanks....
    12-09-10 06:53 AM
    iTunes will Recognize most music files. Some will just noe be recognized by the iPhone.
    I think WMA files cannot be transfered.

If you have bought the music before, it is to my understanding that it is legal to download off of the internet for free.

I think
    12-09-10 07:40 AM
    Any music folders you have, you can add to iTunes, but if anything was downloaded for a Zune forget it, Zune/Microsoft makes it so even if you burn it to a cd you can't import into iTunes.. been there done that... but just add any music folders you may have to iTunes and you should be good
    12-10-10 02:27 AM
    I currently have a Blackberry Storm that has been ready for upgrade for a few months. I'm on the fence deciding between Android and iPhone. I have a *ton* of mp3's from the last 10 years. I don't want to put all of them on my smartphone, but I don't want to be severely limited either.

Can someone take me through the step-by-step process if I traded in for an iPhone snf plugged it in to my laptop's USB? I know I would have to download iTunes, but what comes next? I have mp3's from Napster circa 2000, Amazon, Yahoo, along with my own ripped CD's. I'm guessing iTunes would not recognize all of them. But would it try to convert them to iTunes format and make them unplayable?

Thanks....
    How to add music on your iPhone with iTunes

-Step 1: Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone.

-Step 2: Create a NEW Playlist in iTunes.
    Name it what you want to say,
    My iPhone Playlist or something.

-Step 3: Drag the songs you want from your iTunes library to your new playlist- In this case, MY iPHONE PLAYLSIT.

-Step 4:
    Click on your iPhone and go to the Music tab.
    Sync music should already be selected. Now click Selected playlists;
    and check My iPhone Playlist; (or whatever your library is named).

-Step 5: Synchronize YOUR iPhone, and when this is done, the songs of My iPhone Playlist should now be on your iPhone.

If you want to make changes to your MP3 library on your iPhone, you must change the songs in your playlist, then re-sync again. Yes, I know it can be a pain. If you know a easier way to add music to your iPhone, please let me know!

Good luck!
    12-10-10 05:04 AM
    Music is by far the reason i have an iphone, there's nothing like the way this device syncs with itunes. I have tried many many androids along with double twist and it is not the same. Since it seems you have so much music and you only want certain mp3s to be on your phone, you just need to create a playlist with what you want. Then just select that playlist to be synced with your phone and that's it!
    12-10-10 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD