I'm still using my original Z10 and it runs perfectly and it's in mint condition. I am so thankful that blackberry still implicates the LED light to tell you when you have something new waiting in the Hub.
    But I am wondering, how do iPhone users get by without it? What is there way of knowing whether or not they have a new message after leaving their phone in another room for a few minutes?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 03:55 PM
    I am always in amazement why there are so few phones with LED notifications...

Nine BlackBerrys and counting....
    10-19-14 04:02 PM
    That's why they either, suck at responsiveness (my experience with many people that switched over to iPhone), or never put down their phone (what I see everywhere... lol).

I do think lots of iPhone users rely on the screen lighting up with the new message notification,.. not sure how long that stays on though.

Edit: luckily they'll soon have the Apple Watch. We'll finally be able to get a hold of them. Woo!

Edit 2: I should also add that some people prefer to not be enslaved by their mobile device, and probably like not having the flashing LED,... but that's just crazy talk. What's next,.. don't like oxygen??

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by AnimalPak200; 10-19-14 at 06:44 PM.
    MikeX74, nycspaces. and Nharzhool like this.
    10-19-14 04:09 PM
    Quite frankly it is one of the last remaining "must have" features for me on BlackBerry.

It really is unbelievable that no such option exists on iToys.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 04:11 PM
    I actually like not feeling like a slave to the blinking led. *shrug* I used to turn off the led on my BB. It was annoying because I felt compelled to check it whether it was important or not. And it usually wasn't.
    CDM76, bp3dots and troubauk like this.
    10-19-14 04:13 PM
    I have an iPhone 5s and i don't use it. I was told by my employer that they only care that i have access to email only, they don't care about anything else. When u tried to explain to them that there is much more to 'productivity' than just seeing email, the response from the global it guy was ' i am sorry there is nothing i can do '. So i get to the email when ever i pick up the small little phone, which quite frankly is not very often. If i hear the bike horn which i have set to go off when an email comes in i look at the screen. Now that 10.3.1 finally has the ability for set the led color by apps/ person i can tell that i need to answer because it is an important person or app. Just makes sense. Those that says i don't need to be attached to my phone are probably people that are not using it as an effective communication device.

Z30 - 10.3.1.820 leak!
    10-19-14 04:36 PM
    Well, I believe, BlackBerry may be holding some patents on this feature...
    10-19-14 05:12 PM
    Well, I believe, BlackBerry may be holding some patents on this feature...
    I don't think so, various Androids have had LED for a while.

Posted via CB10
    southlander and MC_A_DOT like this.
    10-19-14 05:27 PM
    I have always liked the LED, from the old days of dumb phones. Never had it in any of my smartphones and now that I have it, it is really cool and makes the phone much easier to notice missed notifications.

To answer your question in a way, iPhone users are sheep who don't know any different. If Apple say that no led is needed, the users will agree. But if apple ever do introduce it, all of a sudden it will be revolutionary and innovative...

Posted from my Blackberry Z3
    10-19-14 05:46 PM
    I love the LED notification.

Typical iPhone users would have their notification sound a second time in case they missed it the first time. I think it's really annoying

Posted via CB10
    Gajja and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    10-19-14 05:58 PM
    Led is so boring and inefective. Nokia glance is milion times better notification system than ancient pulsing led diode.
    Residing and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    10-19-14 05:59 PM
    I have always liked the LED, from the old days of dumb phones. Never had it in any of my smartphones and now that I have it, it is really cool and makes the phone much easier to notice missed notifications.

To answer your question in a way, iPhone users are sheep who don't know any different. If Apple say that no led is needed, the users will agree. But if apple ever do introduce it, all of a sudden it will be revolutionary and innovative...

most of us who are iPhone users now were at one point blackberry users, so it is kind of foolish to say we don't know any better.

I did like the LED but as someone else said at least 9 times out of 10 when it is blinking you do feel compelled to check it and it isn't important.

for those of us who have the option of choosing anything for work and pick iPhones it is usually because we would rather have access to the app library or the ease of development and quite good development tools than the blinking LED.
    10-19-14 06:00 PM
    I don't use it. Ever. I always figure my phone is "suffering " if it blinks too long without me acknowledging the message

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 06:00 PM
    Led is so boring and inefective. Nokia glance is milion times better notification system than ancient pulsing led diode.
    Could you let us know how it works and why you think that makes it better? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 06:06 PM
    Most iPhone users who say it's annoying or never used it usually have the rear led turned on for notifications through the accessibility settings lol. When I used my iPhones I was much slower to respond to anything because I'd forget I didn't have a led lol. I hate repeating notifications and have the screen wake up becomes useless if I didn't see the notification come in. I'm currently using Bebuzz for my led alerts. For emails it's off because I don't get anything important lol and I use different colors and disco for more important things. I don't know how the led could be annoying or how someone can feel compelled to check their phone when you have so many settings for the led lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 06:09 PM
    Could you let us know how it works and why you think that makes it better? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Blinking led diode doesent talk you anyting. You know there is something, but dont know what.
    Glance screen tell you exactly what is happening. 2 missing calls, 3 unread sms, 1 skype call ...
    Please look for youtube videos for examoles.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-19-14 06:11 PM
    Blinking led diode doesent talk you anyting. You know there is something, but dont know what.
    Glance screen tell you exactly what is happening. 2 missing calls, 3 unread sms, 1 skype call ...

Not exactly. If you have different colors, you DO know what kind of message it is....and possibly who it's from.
    southlander and Tammybaggins like this.
    10-19-14 06:19 PM
    Not exactly. If you have different colors, you DO know what kind of message it is....and possibly who it's from.
    and I think these days your phone is generally with you all the time and you get those indications through custom vibration sequences or ringtones and if you have walked away from your phone for a few minutes or overnight by habit one of the first things to do when you get back to it is check messages.
    10-19-14 06:24 PM
    if you have walked away from your phone for a few minutes or overnight by habit one of the first things to do when you get back to it is check messages.
    Overnight....yes. Check messages.

Just walking away for a few minutes? Just glance at the phone from a distance to see if you have any need to even approach the phone. Only Iphone users are a slave to the constant, never ending, swiping and checking to see what the Iphone is hiding from them.
    10-19-14 06:27 PM

Just walking away for a few minutes? Just glance at the phone from a distance to see if you have any need to even approach the phone. Only Iphone users are a slave to the constant, never ending, swiping and checking to see what the Iphone is hiding from them.
    it's not really slavery when you can ignore it for long periods of time. I would actually turn it around and say the annoying people in meetings are the blackberry users - always checking to see if the LED is telling them something important (and it never actually is) rather than just putting it into do not disturb mode and focusing on the topic of the meeting.
    10-19-14 06:31 PM
    it's not really slavery when you can ignore it for long periods of time.
    The logic if this statement assumes that you don't WANT to know if anyone contacted you. You can ignore a blinking light too.....if you WANT to.

. I would actually turn it around and say the annoying people
    Wait...what? What are you "turning around"? You changed the subject from not being able to know if you have a message waiting....to being "annoying".

I would actually turn it around and say the annoying people in meetings are the blackberry users - always checking to see if the LED is telling them something important
    As opposed to the Iphone people always checking their phones after it lights up? You changed the subject to make some point then didn't even make it.

rather than just putting it into do not disturb mode and focusing on the topic of the meeting.
    Which is a personal gripe and has nothing to do with which phone people might using. But, hey, why stop changing the subject now?
    Last edited by redlightblinking; 10-19-14 at 06:49 PM.
    Tammybaggins likes this.
    10-19-14 06:37 PM
    http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/...ce-screen-2-0/

You're kidding right? Glance is basically exactly like BB10 lock screen, except for the hand waving thing,.. which is a battery draining gimmick (why don't you just lift up the device if you're right there to wave at it).

The LED serves a completely different, which is to simply alert you that something new came in,.. without having to look at the screen, or even pull it out of a holster. You can even see it across a room... and of course it's as energy efficient as it can get.

Posted via CB10
    acovey and mphillips828 like this.
    10-19-14 06:38 PM

Only Iphone users are a slave to the constant, never ending, swiping and checking to see what the Iphone is hiding from them.
    They actually have to press buttons they don't even have the swiping feature

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    10-19-14 06:38 PM

Or, you know, we've used all the OSs and iOS is what suits us best. To insinuate I'm a 'sheep' (God I wish this board would stop with the childish antics) who doesn't know any better, well, I've got a 8130, 8330, Storm, 9900, Z10, Q5, plus GS3 and a Palm Pre with a LED that screams differently.

But if it makes you feel better about yourself to make judgements like 'sheep', which only make your argument look silly, by all means carry on.
    kirson, bp3dots, Bsbudd and 1 others like this.
    10-19-14 06:39 PM
    Nokia Glance screen 2.0 - take a peek - Conversations

You're kidding right? Glance is basically exactly like BB10 lock screen, except for the hand waving thing,.. which is a battery draining gimmick (why don't you just lift up the device if you're right there to wave at it).

The LED serves a completely different, which is to simply alert you that something new came in,.. without having to look at the screen, or even pull it out of a holster. You can even see it across a room... and of course it's as energy efficient as it can get.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I believe Glance is like the Moto X, that actually flashes on screen the type of message waiting (a mail logo, etc) instead of a blinking light....though the interval is more spread out. So, no interaction is required....just look at the phone.

But, how does the LED help you if the phone is in a holster? (unless there is a space for it, I suppose) FYI, I think lighting a portion of a OLED screen might be even more efficient than lighting an LED.
    10-19-14 06:45 PM
157 123 ...