Here is my situation. Im on verizon and i have the blackberry storm. I want to be able to switch to at t to get the iphone 3gs. I want to sell my storm on craigist or ebay so i can cover the etf cost and just pay for the iphone 3gs out of my own pocket. I also want to keep my current number. How do i go about this so i dont confuse myself and screw myself over
    07-09-09 11:35 PM
    Just tell Att that you want to port your number when you sign up
    07-09-09 11:46 PM
    Yeah once you tell at&t you want to port your number, they will do everything. Do not cancel your Verizon service, it will cancel on its own when the number is ported.
    07-09-09 11:53 PM
    Yeah get with ATT because that was the only thing that sucked about buying it from an Apple retailer, they can't port numbers there. You have to go to ATT for that.
    07-10-09 01:12 AM
    I purchased my phone at the apple store and ported my number from my VZW Storm. I did an online reservation, walked in picked it up, was out in 30 minutes with the 3gs working.
    07-10-09 07:36 AM
    I was told at an AT&T store that the Apple retailers use the same computers. So it's basically the same process.
    07-10-09 09:00 AM
    Hm...... I got screwed then. LOL because I was told by the Apple person " you can't choose your number. " " You get what you get. " I wish I had known that. Is prolly to late now.
    07-10-09 09:07 AM
    Make sure if you want to sell your Storm on Ebay/Craigslist that you unlock it first so that it works with other carriers. This is a free 'upgrade' that will increase the amount of money you can get for the Storm. Unlocked and in good shape you can probably get $250-275 on Craigslist, a bit lower on Ebay.

You might want to also try asking to waive your activation fee at ATT. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it might work if you tell them you are cancelling your Verizon contract.
    07-10-09 09:16 AM
    ok thanks for the help..i guess ill put it on craigslist today and find out how to unlock it online...well ill be a happy 16gb 3gs owner next week. i couldnt take this garbage storm any longer
    07-10-09 09:57 AM
    Or you could just unlock it THEN put it on Craigslist.
    07-10-09 02:02 PM
    I sold my "locked" Storm on ebay for $250. Unlocked, you ccan probably get around$300. Do a "buy it now" with free shipping. Mine took 1 day to sell. Also, I got my 3GS from Bestbuy. They can do porting and everything right there at the store. Good luck!
    07-10-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD