My buddy and I were on a college road trip and his iPhone started to act like it died. He was weirded out but it rebooted fine. A few seconds later the phone started to get really hot. He has powered it down and attempted charging it which turned out successful.

Anybody else have any problem such as this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 03:10 PM
    My buddy and I were on a college road trip and his iPhone started to act like it died. He was weirded out but it rebooted fine. A few seconds later the phone started to get really hot. He has powered it down and attempted charging it which turned out successful.

Anybody else have any problem such as this?

iPhone 2g or 3g? This happens when the screen is on for an extensive period of time. It has happened to me, but only when I've jailbroken a couple of co-workers devices as it was stuck on the recovery mode screen. It shouldn't be anything to be worried about. Do a restore and it should be okay again. Is it jailbroken?
    09-20-08 03:52 PM
    iPhone 2g or 3g? This happens when the screen is on for an extensive period of time. It has happened to me, but only when I've jailbroken a couple of co-workers devices as it was stuck on the recovery mode screen. It shouldn't be anything to be worried about. Do a restore and it should be okay again. Is it jailbroken?
    2g. The computer doesn't even register that the phone is plugged in..we were using an FM transmitter that was plugged into my 12v jack in my truck when the problem occurred. Now neither the transmitter nor the phone are functioning properly

09-20-08 03:57 PM
    We're thinking the phone is completely fried. No response at all now.

09-20-08 04:09 PM
    I would do a restore. Hold down the Home and Power button until iTunes recognizes it.

I haven't had that happen with the 3g, but it happened a lot with the 2g.

The 2g isn't even made to be compatible with those fm transmitters. This may be the reason.
    09-20-08 04:27 PM
    The transmitter worked fine for two days.. No dice on the reset.

Apple is going to replace it on our way home. They have to determine it isn't water damage, which it's not.

09-20-08 04:41 PM
    What's funny is everytime I do a replacement, they have never checked my device.

I did one yesterday. The genius gave me one within five minutes. This includes printing out the paper and checking to see if it was within warranty.

Posted from my glorious iPhone.

09-20-08 07:14 PM
    Well thanks anyways man. Just a bummer sometimes to have to restart with a device and lose all of your old content

09-21-08 07:48 AM
    Well thanks anyways man. Just a bummer sometimes to have to restart with a device and lose all of your old content

The 3g seems compatible with those docks though. I don't get those errors.
    09-21-08 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD