Here's what I've got:

16 GB iPhone 3GS
    Version: 3.1.2 (7DLL)
    Carrier: T-Mobile 5.0
    Model: MB716LL
    Modem Firmware: 05.11.07

This device is currently Jailbroken & Unlocked with BlackRa1n but I'd like to update to a newer OS and keep my current service with T-Mobile in tact (I'd also like to continue using Cydia as well). Can anyone recommend a proper OS (i.e. 3.1.3 or 4.0etc) to update to?

I've tried to find people in town (Craigslist FTL) willing to help me with this but I haven't had any luck yet and I keep hearing mixed opinions on what I can and can't do in regards to updating my current OS (Regarding SHSH blobs, Apple blocking Software Signatures, etc)

Am I out of luck here? Any help would be appreciated.
    09-02-10 11:55 AM
    First, in Cydia, have it store your SHSH blobs so you can downgrade if you need to. Then find the 4.0.1 firmware. I believe clarified.com should have it. Then use shift restore in iTunes and point to the 4.0.1 firmware to upgrade.
    09-02-10 12:06 PM
    First, in Cydia, have it store your SHSH blobs so you can downgrade if you need to. Then find the 4.0.1 firmware. I believe clarified.com should have it. Then use shift restore in iTunes and point to the 4.0.1 firmware to upgrade.
    When I open Cydia it says the following at the top of the screen:

Does this mean my SHSH blobs have already been stored? And thank you for your help.
    09-02-10 12:23 PM
    I also just did this:

So I'm assuming I'm good to go on 4.0.1?
    09-02-10 12:32 PM
    Yes, it means you have it saved. Download the 4.0.1 firmware and do a shift restore and point that that firmware. There should be a guide on iclarified.com too.
    09-02-10 01:30 PM
    Backing up is always a good failsafe. The messages you got do mean you're safe, as Roo said. iClarified does indeed have the link to the correct firmware. If you cannot locate it, I can transfer it to you via Skype. If you need any help with the jailbreak/unlock process, you're welcome to contact me as well
    09-07-10 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD