Hi
    Is there any way to backup all my SMS messages from iphone to computer?
    I want to save them and then erase them off the phone.
    Really appreciate ur early reply! I am quite helpless now!
    07-21-11 02:22 AM
    07-21-11 06:52 AM
    When you do a backup via itunes it saves all the info from your phone. i.e. camera roll, SMS, notes etc...
    07-21-11 04:58 PM
    iTunes will backup everything on the iPhone, including SMS messages and contacts.
    In iTunes, with the iPhone selected on the left, click the Info tab and make sure Contact syncing is enabled.
    Besides,there is a article about How to transfer SMS from iPhone to computer, which can help you transfer SMS from iPhone.
    Hope it worked for you so much.
    Last edited by hourer; 08-15-11 at 04:01 AM.
    07-21-11 08:17 PM
    iTunes will backup everything on the iPhone, including SMS messages and contacts.
    In iTunes, with the iPhone selected on the left, click the Info tab and make sure Contact syncing is enabled.
    Yes but the next time they do a backup after they delete the messages off the device, they will not be included in the next backup. Third party software is needed.
    07-21-11 10:18 PM
    Yes but the next time they do a backup after they delete the messages off the device, they will not be included in the next backup. Third party software is needed.
    This is correct but they can also make a copy of the backup file with the SMS messages. So when they backup again, they can either restore from the most recent backup or select the copied backup file that will contain the stuff from the first backup. I have multiple backup files on my computer of different sets of data. So if I wanted some very old stuff, I can just do a "restore from backup" locate the file I want and use that.
    07-22-11 08:58 AM
    Itunes can do it or get a third party app. some spy app can do this just google.
    07-22-11 10:24 AM
    You may try to using 'Backup Extractor for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch'.

Download Link - hiratte Software Solution - Online Store

It helps you to backup your messages into csv or html file formats

05-01-13 01:02 AM
    This is an old thread but just for reference I use DiskAid.
    08-08-13 06:29 AM
    Besides,there is a article about How to transfer SMS from iPhone to computer, which can help you transfer SMS from iPhone.
    Hope it worked for you so much.
    I would like iTunes to backup my iPhone SMS, that will save my files.
    04-20-15 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD