I have been trying to setup my work email for days and still no luck. I can access it from Safari just fine. When I try and setup active sync I keep getting the connection to server failed.

My username when logging in to outlook and owa is in the format of xxxx\xxxx. When trying to set up active sync on my phone, ive tried entering the part before the \ in the domain with the part after \ in the username. I've also tried leaving domain blank and entering xxxx\xxxx in the username field.

As far as the server, ive tried using webmail.companyname.com and webmail.companyname.com/owa with and without the https:// and no luck. Does it matter that the address to login to owa is webmail.companyname.com instead of exchange.companyname.com?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    07-01-09 02:54 PM
    I have been trying to setup my work email for days and still no luck. I can access it from Safari just fine. When I try and setup active sync I keep getting the connection to server failed.

My username when logging in to outlook and owa is in the format of xxxx\xxxx. When trying to set up active sync on my phone, ive tried entering the part before the \ in the domain with the part after \ in the username. I've also tried leaving domain blank and entering xxxx\xxxx in the username field.

As far as the server, ive tried using webmail.companyname.com and webmail.companyname.com/owa with and without the https:// and no luck. Does it matter that the address to login to owa is webmail.companyname.com instead of exchange.companyname.com?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    iPhone requires the $45 dollar Data plan to connect to Exchange not the $30 data plan. You also need to have Exchange Activesync are what ever it is called on the exchange server to be enabled before it will be allowed to connect. You need to talk to your IT department to get the information on server information and Domain to set it up as it more than likely is different than OWA information.
    Last edited by mpafr012; 07-01-09 at 03:26 PM.
    07-01-09 03:22 PM
    I added the $45 data plan and still get the error. I know exchange activesync is enabled cause I had it on a palm.
    07-01-09 03:24 PM
    I would talk to IT.
    07-01-09 03:28 PM
    FYI I have the $30 iphone data plan and have my exchange set up.
    07-10-09 07:53 PM
    Me too . . . Exchange on $30 iPhone plan
    07-10-09 08:15 PM
    Your admin might have a non-standard configuration. To set up your exchange access, you should only need to provide your email address at first, once you add your email addy, activesync should query your domain and autofill the server address for you. You then fill in your domain, username, and pwd and activesync should autoconfigure from there. Perhaps you have multiple email servers on your domain, or your company has a hosted exchange implementation or some other nonstandard config.

I have my exchange server set up with a fairly vanilla configuration and this pretty much works out of the box for everyone. You should definitely check with your admin, he will more than likely have specific instructions on how to get it working.
    Last edited by armedtank; 07-10-09 at 08:34 PM.
    07-10-09 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD