MY PHONE STOPPED WORKING!

Apple did f-all for testing OS 4, resulting in thousands of iPhone 3Gs and 3G users enjoying NO SERVICE with their freshly-gilded potatoes.

How do you fix it?

YES, DO TELL, O GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ!

Connect to iTunes, click on the iPhone under DEVICES on the bar on the left, and click the Info ( I think ) tab immediately to the right of the Summary tab in the right pane. Now synchronize everything with your computer. Making a backup is optional, but be sure to use the Transfer Purchases option, lest Apple makes you pay for all of your apps again. Do whatever you like, because I'm not super-familiar with how to retain all of your data and applications during this process.

But anyway, restore the phone using the restore button on the Summary page, and restore it as a new device. After restoration completes, synchronization will begin, and your data and whatnot should be restored. Do NOT restore from a backup, this is what breaks everything.

FIXING VISUAL VOICEMAIL.

After you restore your phone, pull up the number pad, then press and hold the 1 key. If you haven't done so already, listen to the message about the deleted message feature, and press 2 at the end of it.

Press * to skip any playing messages, then press 4 for personal options, 2 for administrative options, 1 for password options, and 1 again to set a new voicemail password. After you have set the new password, hang up. Your iPhone will ask you for your voicemail password. If not now, when somebody leaves a message. Enter the password you set.

Done.

BUNCH OF APPHOLES.

Apple support is dumping everybody who calls about this onto AT&T, resulting in forever-long hold times. Save yourself the time and frustration. Apple dumps people onto AT&T for dead batteries, cracked screens, OS errors, and synchronization support.

Heck, don't ever call Apple for help again, because they stopped giving it months ago.
    06-27-10 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD