I'm just wondering has anyone on here experienced this. I know there was a big thing over the weekend where a lot of people's orders were being canceled without a reason that Apple or AT&T could give. I had 2 orders with Apple and one of them was canceled. Luckily the other one got shipped so I'll just pick up the second one at Best Buy or the Apple store on Thurs. But I've been reading about people who got their sole order canceled or if they had 2 orders, both of them got canceled without reason as they were eligibile for upgrade and nothing else wrong. I know in my case, Apple said that the order shouldn't have been canceled even though I had 2 orders but because they were for 2 different lines, everything should have been good. The problem is they don't know why. I'm good. Not angry or anything but I do want to know why because both Apple and AT&T say there's no reason it should have been canceled. Has anyone else had one or all their orders canceled?

EDIT:

***This post is mainly for those that pre-ordered through Apple or AT&T's sites, paid for and was getting your delivery to your address on the 24th. Not Best Buy or Radio Shack pre-orders no reservations at the Apple store. Actual pre-orders***

Apple randomly canceling some iPhone pre-orders? Update: AT&T pre-orders too? -- Engadget
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-21-10 at 01:16 PM.
    06-21-10 08:15 AM
    I've heard that many of the @ the store pick up orders were cancelled, I know my good friend had his cancelled and he is saying it's a mass problem. He's following it MUCH more closely than I am.
    06-21-10 08:20 AM
    I've heard that many of the @ the store pick up orders were cancelled, I know my good friend had his cancelled and he is saying it's a mass problem. He's following it MUCH more closely than I am.
    Yeah it does seem to be a big problem. Over on the iPhone forums, it has happened to a lot of people and BGR, Engadget and TiPB all covered in over the weekend and a lot of people also responded. People are speculating over the various reasons from using a debit card instead of credit card (which is BS) to having duplicate orders (even if you only had one), but Apple nor AT&T is giving anyone a clear answer. I know they both apologized to me and AT&T gave me 100 credit to my account and 1000 rollover minutes. I'm still getting one of my phones through the mail. Should be able to pick the other one up on thursday too.
    06-21-10 08:27 AM
    From The Apple Blog:

Several online sites have been reporting that both AT&T as well as Apple have been canceling both online and in-store orders for both valid and non-sensical reasons. Either AT&T could not verify one’s eligibility for an upgrade (existing customers), AT&T could not verify who the customer placing the order was and therefore could not create a new wireless account (new customers), or Apple simply did not have enough devices to fulfill orders (oops, sorry). Whatever the reason may or may not be, the only thing for certain is that some orders are getting canceled.
    I ordered mine through the AT&T web site without a problem (at about 7AM last Tuesday), and as of right now my status says "In Progress" still. Over at TiPb, some folks have said they've already got their tracking numbers and "shipped" emails. I'm hoping I get mine Thursday, still. If my order was in-store and it was canceled I'd probably be turning into the Hulk right now.

You know, I think there's an AT&T store like four blocks away from my apartment. Probably should have just headed there...

Edit: I also never considered how many people ordered the 32GB iPhones compared to the 16GB ones. Some folks here seem to have gone with 16 gigs, but I definitely needed the 32.
    Last edited by Giox; 06-21-10 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Blah blah blah!
    06-21-10 08:47 AM
    Yikes. 3 of my friends got their emails saying they're phone has been shipped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 10:57 AM
    So far cancellations have occurred in at&t and apple but none have been from best buy. I will be getting my 4G soon as doors open thursday.
    06-21-10 10:57 AM
    I got my order from Radioshack, and I just confirmed with one of the reps that they haven't gotten any word on cancellations.
    06-21-10 11:39 AM
    So far cancellations have occurred in at&t and apple but none have been from best buy. I will be getting my 4G soon as doors open thursday.
    That's because no one paid for anything at Best Buy. Just basically put your name on a list. Whereas, the orders with Apple and AT&T that are being canceled are for people who actually preordered the phone, paid for them and were having shipped to their address. I wouldn't expect Best Buy to cancel anything because they didn't actually do anything but take down your info.
    06-21-10 11:42 AM
    I had read somewhere that even Apple reservations to pick one up and pay for at the store had been canceled as well... Thank GOD ... I'm not one of those... got the email from Apple moments ago reminding me not to forget to pick up my iPhone 4 Thursday... like who would really forget something like that LOL

Email was nice to set my mind at ease lol
    06-21-10 12:57 PM
    Mine is reserved at the store as well, no cancellation emails yet. I did get a reminder to pick up my phone email though.
    06-21-10 01:07 PM
    Mine is reserved at the store as well, no cancellation emails yet. I did get a reminder to pick up my phone email though.
    Yeah I don't think a lot of people are actually having reservations cancelled.

This thread is more geared to those who pre-ordered online with AT&T and Apple and actually paid to have the phone delivered on the 24th. These are the ones mostly experiencing these issues. All the reservations at the Apple store, Best Buy and Radio Shack are basically lists not actually pre-orders.
    06-21-10 01:11 PM
    Thank god I just decided to pick mine up at Apple across the street basically lol
    06-21-10 01:28 PM
    Ordered two 32gb phones seperately for mine and my wifes line, both were processed and received the tracking numbers today from at&t.
    06-21-10 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD