I really like the look of the brushed aluminum back plates instead of glass. I got a couple of the brushed aluminum snap on cases that have the Apple logo and printing on it mimicing the look of the OEM backing, but I also saw a video on swapping them out and it looks dead simple (as simply as removing a couple of screws and sliding it up like removing a regular battery door).

Has anyone done it?
    11-02-11 03:29 PM
    I haven't but am considering it. I fell in love with that brushed aluminum back the minute I saw it.
    11-02-11 03:51 PM
    Stop.

Think about something else.

Clear.
    Glass.

Would look SO awesome.

(And it isn't hard)
    11-02-11 03:53 PM
    Oh believe me, I saw the clear ones too lol.

I just have a thing for brushed aluminum...
    11-02-11 04:05 PM
    I think that would be awesome but I keep a certain style case I got from the VZW store that keeps the back covered
    11-02-11 04:54 PM
    after i jailbreak iphone4S this is my next thing to do. i have a white iphone..brushed aluminum/light blue/and black would look so hot. Faceplate | Housing | Repair parts | Accessories | Mobile parts - Cellular Accessories | Mobile one of the best. though shipping time is long. but their quality is top notch
    11-02-11 10:47 PM
    Dont go clear back unless you pay the good money for ones ($30+) . I bought one of the clear backs ($14.99) and it destroyed the camera functionality. The construction of the ring the lens looked completely different and I think that may be why, but not sure.
    11-02-11 11:23 PM
    Thanks for the tip!

I am going to see how it looks with the snap on but I can see me doing this soon lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    11-02-11 11:25 PM
    The Verizon IP4 back cover will fit the AT&T IP4s.

The AT&T IP4 back cover will NOT fit the 4S...

check out the back covers here:
    Verizon Back Panels

and this thread for a discussion regarding compatibility between Verizon and AT&T covers.

http://forums.tipb.com/1797998-post26.html
    11-03-11 09:08 AM
    yeah i did... i ordered mine from cnn.cn and went with the beveled back on my iphone 4.

hunoosh likes this.
    11-03-11 09:55 AM
    ^ Looks great!

I'll probably stick to snap on cases for that stuff, though. I'm terrified to take anything apart. My husband did that with his X-Box and it never put back together the same.
    11-03-11 10:37 AM
    ^ Looks great!

I'll probably stick to snap on cases for that stuff, though. I'm terrified to take anything apart. My husband did that with his X-Box and it never put back together the same.
    Heather.. it's easy.. two screws on the bottom..the back case slides up and off, then slide the new one on and screw in the two screws and Voila! easy-peasy...
    11-03-11 10:42 AM
    do you get good reception with the medal back?
    11-03-11 11:31 AM
    do you get good reception with the medal back?
    reception is the same since the iphone 4 does not have an internal antenna.
    11-03-11 12:14 PM
    That's what I like about the look of the metal back. It looks so classy. Thanks for the pics!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    11-03-11 09:10 PM
    The glass blows away the metal back because it's nice and shiny. No way I change the shiny glass
    11-04-11 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD