Does anyone know how to dispute charges which were made as a result of my iTunes account being hacked?
    03-25-11 09:36 AM
    You should read the Apple support forums on this topic here:

Apple - Support - Discussions - Unauthorized Charges To My Itunes ...

It seems like iTunes has no phone support and getting through by email looks antagonizing. Also, they make a good point to contact your credit card or bank to investigate the fraudulent charges, not Apple. Sorry that happened, I wish I could help more but that's as much as I know.
    03-25-11 10:04 AM
    You should read the Apple support forums on this topic here:

Apple - Support - Discussions - Unauthorized Charges To My Itunes ...

It seems like iTunes has no phone support and getting through by email looks antagonizing. Also, they make a good point to contact your credit card or bank to investigate the fraudulent charges, not Apple. Sorry that happened, I wish I could help more but that's as much as I know.
    Thanks, aawilson, that helped. I DID call Apple Support and was told to fill out the form located at: Apple - Support - iTunes Store - Contact Us and they'll contact me after about 24 hours...ugh!
    03-25-11 12:47 PM
    It's unfortunate that happened to you but this seems like it would be no different than you having to raise the issue with your bank/credit card company for a fraudulent purchase. First thing you should do is deauthorize all computers under your iTunes name so it can't be used anywhere else without re-verification.
    03-25-11 03:02 PM
    It's unfortunate that happened to you but this seems like it would be no different than you having to raise the issue with your bank/credit card company for a fraudulent purchase. First thing you should do is deauthorize all computers under your iTunes name so it can't be used anywhere else without re-verification.
    I've had only one fraudulent charge on a credit card, and it was back when I had American Express...in about 72 hours AMEX refunded me fully, it was basically headache free. I did de-authorize my other computers, so I hope that helps.
    03-25-11 04:28 PM
    Well, I called back on Saturday, and spoke to a more helpful customer service rep. He directed me to Apple - Support - iTunes Store - Contact Us and within twenty four hours I received an e-mail reply. Yesterday afternoon my account was credited for the amount that it was charged. Hopefully no one else will have the same problem.
    03-28-11 01:53 PM
    Well, I called back on Saturday, and spoke to a more helpful customer service rep. He directed me to Apple - Support - iTunes Store - Contact Us and within twenty four hours I received an e-mail reply. Yesterday afternoon my account was credited for the amount that it was charged. Hopefully no one else will have the same problem.
    Glad everything worked out for you.
    03-28-11 01:56 PM
    Glad everything worked out for you.
    Thanks, scorpiodsu.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-11 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD