When the Google Voice App was FIRST released for the iPhone, I had it installed (iPhone 3GS). Then after a while I deleted it, and thus removed it from my computer, too...

What I want to know is, if I get the actual file that goes into the Windows folder on a computer, can I then reinstall it on my iPhone, i.e. would it show in iTunes?

Would that work?
    04-28-10 06:34 AM
    I have something called voice central black swan that I use for google voice. I'll try and find the download link

edit: VoiceCentral Black Swan
    Last edited by jackie treehorn; 04-28-10 at 09:20 AM.
    04-28-10 09:16 AM
    I just added a bookmark to my homescreen for the wb site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 12:34 PM
    I would suggest Blackswan too, its a little better than the webapp and a few more features.

Its basically the same thing, a webapp, but allows you offline viewing of the GV data. But it doesnt have the look/feel of a webapp, it feels like a native app
    04-28-10 02:20 PM
    When the Google Voice App was FIRST released for the iPhone, I had it installed (iPhone 3GS). Then after a while I deleted it, and thus removed it from my computer, too...

What I want to know is, if I get the actual file that goes into the Windows folder on a computer, can I then reinstall it on my iPhone, i.e. would it show in iTunes?

Would that work?
    i'm not sure that would work. i think apple had pulled any access that the app had to the phone itself no? good question though. i've been using the google web app for it. i was using blackswan and was a beta tester for it, but i dont like the ads in the non paid version. and i like that with the google webapp, you dont have to answer you own phone to make a call, it just goes right thru as normal.
    04-28-10 03:41 PM
    Try it and let us know. No harm can come to it. I think Apple is able to remotely block it... no?
    04-28-10 03:50 PM
    Try it and let us know. No harm can come to it. I think Apple is able to remotely block it... no?
    I believe they are.

It would be easier if you just used the web app. It's not too bad. I'm going to try out that Black Swan webapp in a second though.
    Last edited by mitchell209; 04-28-10 at 04:27 PM.
    04-28-10 04:22 PM
    Easier to use my nexus one... hehe.
    04-28-10 04:24 PM
    I believe they are.

It would be easier if you just used the web app. It's not too bad. I'm going to try out that Black Swan webapp in a second though.
    give your impressions on black swan plz!
    04-28-10 04:30 PM
    Typical! I have backups all the way back to Dec 2009, but I must have deleted it before then!

But, on a plus side, I recovered all these old apps I have played with\tested, and have now reinstalled in on my iPhone. Now am back to five pages of icons vs 2 - LOL
    04-28-10 07:49 PM
    give your impressions on black swan plz!
    It's alright. Although it's easier for me to just make a shortcut to the Google Voice webapp.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 08:18 PM
    Typical! I have backups all the way back to Dec 2009, but I must have deleted it before then!

But, on a plus side, I recovered all these old apps I have played with\tested, and have now reinstalled in on my iPhone. Now am back to five pages of icons vs 2 - LOL
    That'll change when folders come around. I probably won't have more than two (excluding the search).
    04-29-10 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD