I'm gunna switch from the Curve to the iPhone. my best friends gf has the iPhone and is in cingular. and we are just going to trade. i already asked for the unlock code from tmobile and once i get it we are gunna switch.

my question is... i currently have the BB unlimited data plan... will i need to change that plan for the iphones internet to work? does anyone know? or can i just leave it as is.
    08-15-08 11:03 AM
    ok i found out. yes it does work... the BB unlimited data plan works
    08-15-08 01:40 PM
    Glad you found out. Thats interesting, I really didn't think it would be possible.
    08-15-08 03:04 PM
    well i said yes because i spoke with someone that did that exact thing that i asked over at the apple iphone forums... i will let you know if you want tomorrow or the next day... whenever tmobile decides to send me the unlock code for my phone so i can finally get the iphone
    08-15-08 03:17 PM
    If it's the 3g iPhone, I'm not sure there is a carrier unlock for it to enable you to use it on t-mobile. Are you staying with t-mobile or coming at&t?

08-16-08 02:53 PM
    im staying with tmobile... i'm about to go get the iphone... but quick question... to unlock the iphone do i need to ask AT&T for the code just like the blackberry or that goes along with jailbreaking or w/e i gota do to it now when i get it.
    08-16-08 06:03 PM
    The iphone, as far as I know, is AT & T exclusive and they will not unlock it for you. I know there has been some company working on an unlocking tool, which basically overrides something in the phone. I know you could probally google it and come up with the answer, but make sure you can even use the phone on your network before you trade and end up with a very expensive ipod :P
    08-16-08 08:44 PM
    There is a difference between jailbreak and unlocking. Jailbreaking allows for custom backgrounds, changing icons and more (modmyiphone.com). Unlocking allows a user to use the device on any compatible gsm carrier.

If you are coming to AT&T, the only time you would need unlocking is to enable foreign sim cards for international travel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 03:33 PM
    I hope you are never upgrading on the iphone 3g IF you do get it to work on Tmo.

Apple is great at sending updates thru iTunes that will brick the phone if it has been unlocked.

Why not just come to ATT so you can have the full features??

I have also read on a quick google search that the iPhone won't work on tmo's 3g network when released.
    08-17-08 05:20 PM
    Yea, if it's a 3g then I would come AT&T. It's kinds of pointless to have an iPhone and not be able to use all of it's features.
    08-17-08 05:28 PM
    whoopie! I won't have to change my data plan yaay!
    09-28-08 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD