I'm a bit curious...

If you previously used\had GMail, but have either just created an iCloud email address [me.com], or simply had a Mobile ME account previously, have you move all your Calendar, Contacts and Email over to iCloud [@me.com]

Does it seem to work well, i.e. Email, Calendar, and Contacts?

I've been playing with the @me.com email address via iCloud.com, and just like the Mobile ME days, it does seem a little slow.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Ivan
    10-19-11 06:57 AM
    I have a Gmail account. I also have a Yahoo! account and a mail one that came with my ISP.

My iPhone and iPad's Settings > Mail, Contacts , Calendars settings tend to be a bit complex therefore. But I have set it to retrieve Gmail's Mail, my ISP's Mail and then Yahoo's Mail, Calendar & Notes.

iCloud is then setup to cover Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Bookmarks, Photo Stream, Documents & Data. Turning on Notes asks me set up a me.com account, and frankly, I don't need another account out there, so that's been left off.

Basically using iCloud as (yet another) backup and leaving my mail and other services where they have always been.
    10-19-11 07:28 AM
    Let me ask it this way; are there any GMail users that have now switched to using ONLY iCloud, hence for email etc? Was it a smooth transition? And does everything work as it should?

What about the email web interface online [iCloud.com], is that okay, too? Seems slow to me sometimes. Hence my question(s)...
    10-19-11 11:53 AM
    Navi...I have both and no I haven't moved over. Gmail seems to work fine in my case as I have it setup as an exchange acct.
    10-19-11 12:02 PM
    Navi...I have both and no I haven't moved over. Gmail seems to work fine in my case as I have it setup as an exchange acct.
    Same here, the functionality is greater than AOSP email. I don't need an app to simply move messages around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-19-11 01:55 PM
    Well, bang goes that...

I've copied everything over to test iCloud fully. So for the next week or so I'm using my iPad 2, and iPhone [and Windows PC] with iCloud only. Let's see how this pans out...
    10-20-11 09:04 PM
    Good luck!

10-21-11 12:10 AM
    Seems to work fine. Except emailing via a browser seems to create drafts. Even though it still sends the email.

Weird.
    10-21-11 04:48 PM
    ...weird, but email flow was terrible this weekend. If I didn't open my email app, I wouldn't be notified of new email.

Hmm, let's see how today and tomorrow go...
    10-24-11 08:31 AM
    ...weird, but email flow was terrible this weekend. If I didn't open my email app, I wouldn't be notified of new email.

Hmm, let's see how today and tomorrow go...
    This problem seems to come and go and a reboot seems to fix it when it comes up.

Not sure if it is an iCloud issue or an iOS5 issue.
    10-24-11 08:51 AM
    ...after thinking about it more, I've decided to stick with GMail\Google.

Why?

Well, I know me, I'll be swapping back and forth to a BlackBerry or Android of sorts. In doing so, it would prove a little difficult to use an @me.com address.
    10-24-11 11:50 AM
    ...after thinking about it more, I've decided to stick with GMail\Google.

Why?

Well, I know me, I'll be swapping back and forth to a BlackBerry or Android of sorts. In doing so, it would prove a little difficult to use an @me.com address.
    I only use my me account for certain things. Gmail support here is excellent, better than Android's own offerings.

10-24-11 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD