Gmail back online in App store!

Looks the same, but if its free, its for me!
    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    11-17-11 06:00 PM
    Ok, I'm thinking about setting up a gmail account for myself on my iPhone. So I have a couple of questions for you on this if you wouldn't mind answering them

How is this set up better than setting up a gmail acct as exchange through the iPhones mail accts?
    Is the notification system through the gmail app better than using exchange on the iPhone?

Tia!
    11-17-11 07:29 PM
    Ok, I'm thinking about setting up a gmail account for myself on my iPhone. So I have a couple of questions for you on this if you wouldn't mind answering them

How is this set up better than setting up a gmail acct as exchange through the iPhones mail accts?
    Is the notification system through the gmail app better than using exchange on the iPhone?

Tia!
    Its not, and no.

Its free, just get it and see if you like the Gmail UI/features better, if not, delete it! Its not like you have a Blackberry and have to wait while it deletes!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-17-11 07:54 PM
    Its not, and no.

Its free, just get it and see if you like the Gmail UI/features better, if not, delete it! Its not like you have a Blackberry and have to wait while it deletes!
    alright thanks !! I still have to create a gmail account. I just want to use it for when I make wps for myself and/or when I send wps to myself so my stuff like that doesn't get mixed with my personal email acct.

Truth be told, it can be deleted in the matters of 5 seconds, or perhaps I even over estimated Lol.
    11-17-11 08:02 PM
    alright thanks !! I still have to create a gmail account. I just want to use it for when I make wps for myself and/or when I send wps to myself so my stuff like that doesn't get mixed with my personal email acct.

Truth be told, it can be deleted in the matters of 5 seconds, or perhaps I even over estimated Lol.
    It deletes instantly. I recall my dark days of Blackberry waiting 5 + minutes with the little clock spinning waiting for a simple app to delete.

There is a way to configure the stock iPhone mail to give you push notifications with Gmail.
    11-17-11 08:11 PM
    This Gmail app has potential.....but its lacking alot of basic functionality.

1) Cant do more then one account

2) Does not show in notification center...yet it has the option "On"

3) Does not indicate the banner style when you get a notification........

Sloppy launch
    11-17-11 08:31 PM
    The beauty of GMAIL as exchange is this. everything lives in the google cloud. Contacts, calendar. I came from the Android world and this was the easiest route for me.
    11-17-11 08:42 PM
    Gmail works best with iPhone via exchange. I love it...this is how I sync my contacts and calendar. The gmail app sucks. Just use gmail on iPhones native email app. It is instant. Once you delete or open email on iPhone or PC it updates instant. My gmail sync with iPhone is better here than with blackberry

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    hunoosh likes this.
    11-17-11 09:18 PM
    this gmail app really sucks theres already a gmail app out that did the same and this one really sucks waste of time to even have it
    11-17-11 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD