Is the extra warranty , the apple plan, worth the money?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 06:30 AM
    not sure if it is, im putting mine under homeowners insurance to replace if broken
    01-30-10 09:42 AM
    I think it depends on how long you plan on keeping the phone. I didn't get it with mine. The argument was that by the time I would probably break it, I'd be ready for something different anyway. Mind you, I've always done a fairly good job with keeping my phones safe...after I learned that keeping them in my lap while driving meant it would fall to the ground when I would go to get out of the car.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 10:33 AM
    i think they are a waste of money and you have to follow certain guidelines from what i hear.
    02-01-10 03:54 PM
    I don't think it's worth it. I don't keep mine longer than a year and there are several things that are most likely to occur that it doesn't cover. So that was a deal breaker for me.
    02-01-10 04:09 PM
    OP, if you're looking for good iPhone insurance that covers accidental damage, water damage, pretty much any damage but a LOST phone (it does cover theft), check out Worth Avenue Group. A pretty good price for a year's worth of coverage.

iPhone insurance policy and coverage information including accidental damage | Worth Ave. Group
    02-01-10 07:33 PM
    Insurance for phones are a waste of money, IMO.
    02-06-10 12:35 PM
    Not for me.
    02-07-10 06:08 PM
    AppleCare is crap.
    02-07-10 06:09 PM
    I would say get it to be safe, but thats just me.
    02-09-10 07:05 PM
    AppleCare is crap.
    Apple care is great, it just sucks for the iPhone. I have it on my macbook pro and my iMac. The plan is much better on computers then it is on the iPhone.
    02-10-10 01:25 AM
    I bought my iPhone from Best Buy just so I could put the Geed Squad protection on it. It doesn't cover lost or stolen, but if I break it or it stops working I'm covered. It will even cover the charger and the battery. I know some people don't think insurance is necessary but it makes me nervous to walk around with a $700 device with no insurance. I'm a klutz!
    02-28-10 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD