I was at the local mall today and there were two kiosks selling full body shields, Clear-Coat and Zagg. Is one better than the other? I carry my 3GS in the DLO HipCase naked and was looking for the thinnest protection possible, mostly for falls. I wonder if this is something for me? I don't need or want a screen protector, but the back, side and corner protection is ok. I carry my 3GS in the DLO HipCase naked and was looking for the thinnest protection possible, mostly for falls. I wonder if this is something for me? I handled a few sample phones with the shields on them. The texture is slightly different, sort of a sticky feel. The samples did not seem that "clean". Maybe they have been handled so much?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by walds11; 02-08-10 at 07:45 PM.
    02-08-10 07:43 PM
    i have a zagg screen protector and love it, not bad feel at all. Would recommend it,
    02-08-10 07:58 PM
    I would just get the back coverage. I hate screen protectors. They will install it on-site for a nominal fee. They guy said $10 to install everything, so it's probably less just for the back. Hmm, I might have to run back to the mall this weekend I have been meaning to get some kind of protection, but putting it off. I was also looking at the PowerSupport Clear Air Jacket set as well. Steep at $34.95 though for just a little protection. How would you compare the Zagg Invisible Shield to the PowerSupport Clear Air Jacket? Apparently, the Air Jacket is one of the thinnest cases out there.
    02-09-10 05:39 AM
    I bit on the candyshell protector by speck. Went with the grey/white, heard good reviews of it and for about $16 Ill give it a shot. Its hit miss on how bulky it is, the black silicone one I have now seems bulky alittle, doesnt slide well into pocket. If I dont like the candyshell Ill probably just get something simliar to zagg protector on the back to prevent scratches and hope that I dont drop the phone
    02-09-10 05:54 AM
    Zagg is fantastic, I'd go for the full body and screen protection. However make sure it's applied properly, it's going to go steeply downhill if bubbles are left in or it isn't properly applied because it can start peeling off.
    02-09-10 06:17 AM
    Just my IMHO, but I just got an invisible shield put on my 3Gs and I really like it. It does not add any bulk to the phone but does keep the screen and back very nice and clean. Another good thing is that I can still use a skin case if I want to.
    02-09-10 12:16 PM
    its kinda steep in price tho. I might get the invisible shield.
    02-09-10 04:36 PM
    its kinda steep in price tho. I might get the invisible shield.
    Not sure about other places, but here in Vegas it was like 37 bucks to get my iPhone done with the IS. Kinda pricey but worth it I think.
    02-09-10 05:30 PM
    The Zagg kiosk at the mall charges $25 for the IS plus $10 for installation. I would not get the screen protector, so it's probably a little less.

02-09-10 06:00 PM
    bestbuy has it for 30 or so, plus 7 for install....if I dont like the candyshell case, probably will just buy the protector for the back
    02-09-10 08:54 PM
    I have been using Zagg for quite a while, only complaint is you can't really use any cases with it. On the good side, Zagg customer service is great. I have replaced mine about 4 times. All you pay is 3 bucks shipping and you get an entire replacement, no questions asked.
    02-10-10 07:52 PM
    Is replacing it 4 times a good thing or bad? Well, atleast they took care of you.

How does the Zagg age? I read on another forum that they are described often as having an "orange peel" effect. I am assuming that means they dull up over time and start to peel?
    02-11-10 03:50 AM
    would you trust getting one from ebay? much cheaper and free shipping.
    02-11-10 01:12 PM
    No, but I would rather buy it locally and have it professionally installed.

02-11-10 01:36 PM
    im pretty good at installing screen guards and stuff. just wondering has anybody else brought this on ebay...
    02-11-10 01:41 PM
    I just bought a Otterbox Defender Case off eBay..If you dont know what they are Google it prolly the best case ever built..
    02-14-10 02:02 PM
    Is replacing it 4 times a good thing or bad? Well, atleast they took care of you.

How does the Zagg age? I read on another forum that they are described often as having an "orange peel" effect. I am assuming that means they dull up over time and start to peel?
    Orange peel effect refers to the look the shield adds to the phone. If you look at the phone at certain angles with the shield on it looks like the skin of an orange. Same as on some paint jobs that cars have, when you look at certain angles it may look like the skin on an orange, hence the term "orange peel". I use a phantom skins on my screen and while the effect is slightly there, you don't notice it when using the phone. I've used phantom skinz and ghost armor and haven't had a problem with either.

02-14-10 03:29 PM
    I would just get the back coverage. I hate screen protectors. They will install it on-site for a nominal fee. They guy said $10 to install everything, so it's probably less just for the back. Hmm, I might have to run back to the mall this weekend I have been meaning to get some kind of protection, but putting it off. I was also looking at the PowerSupport Clear Air Jacket set as well. Steep at $34.95 though for just a little protection. How would you compare the Zagg Invisible Shield to the PowerSupport Clear Air Jacket? Apparently, the Air Jacket is one of the thinnest cases out there.
    I love my air support jacket, you really can't even tell there's a case on it, and they usually come with two different screen protectors, an anti glare and a privacy one, I went thru two different cases before breaking down and going to apple to get this one.... I'm glad I paid the price for it.. worth every penny, mine is the titanium one, and there is hardly any sign of scratching or anything like that... but I take care of the phone just like it doesn't have a case too

As with anything, you can't throw the phone around like it's bulletproof
    02-14-10 04:00 PM

Replacing it was because of defective Iphones, nothing at all wrong with the Zagg. I will tell you this, with much practice installing it, don't be afraid to get it wet. The wetter the Zagg, the less bubbles.
    02-15-10 12:46 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. I need to get some kind of protection. My iPhone took a little fall on my concrete garage floor last night No major damage, just a scuff on the corner. My iPhone took a few other minor drops in the past.

I will probably go with the Clear Air Jacket set. I wish they sold it without the screen protectors. That would bring the cost down atleast $14.95, plus I don't use screen protectors.

I love my air support jacket, you really can't even tell there's a case on it, and they usually come with two different screen protectors, an anti glare and a privacy one, I went thru two different cases before breaking down and going to apple to get this one.... I'm glad I paid the price for it.. worth every penny, mine is the titanium one, and there is hardly any sign of scratching or anything like that... but I take care of the phone just like it doesn't have a case too

As with anything, you can't throw the phone around like it's bulletproof
    02-15-10 03:35 AM
    If you are paying over $10 (shipped) for any of these plastic cut protectors you are paying too much (BSE is as good as any).
    02-15-10 10:10 AM
    cleverocks22, are there any scratches caused by the Air Jacket case itself? I read reviews online that this occurs. Not a good thing.
    02-16-10 04:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD