I just viewed the video from youtube and showed how easy it is to get MMS and receive free tethering on the 3G and 3Gs (as of right now!) My question is, is it safe to take that dive and try this? Although carriers say we're paying for unlimited data, I know there is a 5mb cap on data. I'm not familar enough with tethering to know how much data is pushing it, so I don't want to go over and have extra charges. My phone isn't jailbroken and this isn't a hack(*at least I guess it isn't*), but I would like to use this free service before AT&T stick it to us who wish to tether on the iphone. Any good info on what you would do or do you know of someone who is already using this feature? If so, what feedback did they have about it?
    08-09-09 02:22 PM
    Unless you are hitting youtube HQ every day and downloading tons of files, you should not come close to the 5MB limit. Just use common sense and don't try to replace a dedicated internet connection with your phone. I'm jailbroken and use pdanet quite a bit mostly for general web browsing and facebook, etc. I've never come close to the 5MB limit.
    08-09-09 04:25 PM
    I think you guys mean 5GB limit lol.
    08-09-09 04:31 PM
    I think you guys mean 5GB limit lol.
    Oops, my bad
    08-09-09 05:14 PM
    i did it and have had no problems what so ever.
    08-27-09 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD