I was with Sprint for 7yrs. had the Treo's and finally discovered the Blackberry. At the time, the Curve was great, still is. I recently went on a month to month with Sprint as my contract ended. I have been waiting on a new more powerful phone for months (Pre, Niagara etc). I recently visited a Verizon store to check out the Storm first hand. Compared to my Curve, it was pretty nice. I could type relatively fast, it was much more powerful and Verizon is soild. They offered to buy my wife out of her Sprint contract and give us 2 Storms (remember, I am month to month). I thought, "Wow, pretty tempting." I was not really thinking of leaving but now...maybe.

Then I went out looking for the Bold at the AT&T store. Compared to the Curve the Bold is machine. Being a Blackberry user, exactly what I am waiting for on Sprint.

Thn the rep asked me if I have seen the iPhone. I said of coarse not, I am a Blackberry addict. She said, "it is over there, go check it out." So I went to check it out.

At first it was OK. Beautiful screen, tons of power, app store. I couldn't really give an opinion. I needed to use it in the real world. I agreed to take the 30 day challenge. After 3 days I decided, at least for now compared to anything that is out, that the iPhone is the ultimate phone. I can't beleive I waited so long. My advice...don't let functionality stop you. typing is nice and fast if you understand the style. The Browser is first class. the set up to sync, app store, set up email is easier than the competition. I am so convinced, that I did not take the 30 days and went in, made a deal to bring my wife over with me from Sprint and signed up.

I feel sorry for those stuck on Sprint waiting for a more powerful phone than the Curve. Read my signiture and deal with your pride.
    03-26-09 07:39 PM
    Your next step is to jailbreak and you'll have the most complete phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 07:55 PM
    Ya the iphone is pretty much useless until you jailbreak
    I'm acutally switching over from the iphone 3G to a BB lol
    I miss the 3G speeds but the battery life killed me. It was a struggle for it to last more than a day. I would have to charge it while I was at work

03-27-09 07:04 AM
    love the quote in the sig..

great decision - enjoy!
    03-27-09 01:37 PM
    Mine isn't jailbroken since I have many apps that I use from the app store. I mainly use mine for texting, emailing, and ipod-ing. I don't know why people say they type faster on a berry keyboard, but I am sure I can type so much faster on the iPhone since I have had a Bold for a few months prior to my current set up with my 3G.
    03-27-09 02:33 PM
    I was with Sprint for over 8 when i made the switch this month. This phone is beyond any phone i ever owned with them. One regret is battery life. Oh well just gonna buy another charger. Wouldnt suggest jailbreaking until after new software update

03-27-09 02:45 PM
    I was with Sprint for 7yrs. had the Treo's and finally discovered the Blackberry. At the time, the Curve was great, still is. I recently went on a month to month with Sprint as my contract ended. I have been waiting on a new more powerful phone for months (Pre, Niagara etc). I recently visited a Verizon store to check out the Storm first hand. Compared to my Curve, it was pretty nice. I could type relatively fast, it was much more powerful and Verizon is soild. They offered to buy my wife out of her Sprint contract and give us 2 Storms (remember, I am month to month). I thought, "Wow, pretty tempting." I was not really thinking of leaving but now...maybe.

Then I went out looking for the Bold at the AT&T store. Compared to the Curve the Bold is machine. Being a Blackberry user, exactly what I am waiting for on Sprint.

Thn the rep asked me if I have seen the iPhone. I said of coarse not, I am a Blackberry addict. She said, "it is over there, go check it out." So I went to check it out.

At first it was OK. Beautiful screen, tons of power, app store. I couldn't really give an opinion. I needed to use it in the real world. I agreed to take the 30 day challenge. After 3 days I decided, at least for now compared to anything that is out, that the iPhone is the ultimate phone. I can't beleive I waited so long. My advice...don't let functionality stop you. typing is nice and fast if you understand the style. The Browser is first class. the set up to sync, app store, set up email is easier than the competition. I am so convinced, that I did not take the 30 days and went in, made a deal to bring my wife over with me from Sprint and signed up.

I feel sorry for those stuck on Sprint waiting for a more powerful phone than the Curve. Read my signiture and deal with your pride.
    If you're happy with your iPhone, I'm happy for you. But please, don't attempt to humiliate anyone for staying with the carrier they choose to stay with.

If you need to feel sorry for anyone, start with yourself- after all, it was you that said you stayed 7 years- whether it was month to month isn't the issue- it still equals 7 years.

And FWIW, I've had an iPhone- for 5-6 months and if it was all that, IMO, I'd still be using it. But because I choose not too, I am not going to jump on forums and insult people who choose to use whatever BlackBerry they want.
    03-27-09 02:59 PM
    To Scandalex...yo are not using whatever Blackberry you want. You are using the only Blackberry that is offered by Sprint. I am sorry, if you think the Pearl even compares to the iPhone, you are mistaken. You can't tell me that if the Bold, 8900 or Storm were on Sprint you wouldn't upgrade? yeah right
    03-28-09 12:14 AM
    To Scandalex...yo are not using whatever Blackberry you want. You are using the only Blackberry that is offered by Sprint. I am sorry, if you think the Pearl even compares to the iPhone, you are mistaken. You can't tell me that if the Bold, 8900 or Storm were on Sprint you wouldn't upgrade? yeah right
    You're right, I am not using whatever BlackBerry I want, I am using whatever PHONE I want; which means I am not tied to a BlackBerry- I have the choices as does everyone else.

As far as your other comment, I have NO idea what you're talking about; NO where in my post did I say "the Pearl even compares to the iPhone."

And this other one: "You can't tell me that if the Bold, 8900 or Storm were on Sprint you wouldn't upgrade? yeah right." You seem to have this knack for adding what was never said as you did with that Pearl comment.

Don't presume to know me- you don't!

Now if you don't mind, I'm done with this line of conversation. If you want to attack, I'm not interested.
    03-28-09 08:29 AM
    ZDK - I do support the iPhone. I'm also a big mac user, as well as windows.
    My 9530 sometimes gives me the feeling of a stroke, but other times it's the best device i've owned

Now, with that being sad, check my device list.

So, is it fair for me to say your general quote of

"Put down your pride and admit the iPhone is better...Everything will be OK"

A little out of line?

Sounds like you may have already became one of "those" iPhone users
    03-28-09 08:39 AM
    Scandal why do you always make comments that start problems? Every forum I go into and try to get information about devices I see good info all the way up until you make a ridiculous comment. You take comments personally and think everyone is out to disgrace you and your BB. Seriously give it up. This is the iPhone forum, so obviously people here like their iPhones. I believe ZD was just trying to make a comment against all the BB people that post in this forum about how great their BB's are and how much the iPhone sucks. Crackberry has this forum for a reason and I dont think it was meant for BB users to hate on us.
    03-28-09 10:47 AM
    Should I feel bad because someone chooses to use an iPhone because I don't and my comment didn't reflect that.
    Maybe if you had read the entire post you would have understood that.

The fact that this is an iPhone forum is of no consequence to me. I replied in this forum.....well simply because I can. And having an iPhone doesn't make the user of said phone superior over anyone. Thats part of the problem throughout these forums, people want to put others down because they've discovered the joys of something else.

Either way Gov, you don't have to read any of my comments; thats what ignore is for.
    03-28-09 11:38 AM
    @ ScandaLex

Philly too? Same here.

Anyway, iPhone or Berry, doesn't matter. Different people have their needs and wants. In my case, I type amazingly fast (People have complimented heavily on my texting speed) on the iPhone along with loving the iPod and phone feature. I am all about multimedia. Sure, I would love a keyboarded iPhone, but who cares?

Blackberry is a very fun device (I had a Bold) when it comes to email and that, oh so lovely, red blinking light.
    03-28-09 12:15 PM
    I believe the OP was making his statement towards those that refuse to try the iPhone out and say a Blackberry is better without experiencing the device. That reminds me of when I was younger and disliked sushi, but never tried it. Now I'm in love and can't get enough.

ScandaLex... you've tried it, so he is not referring to you.

Please keep this on topic guys...

OP... I'm glad you found a device that suits you. I have one and love it myself.
    03-29-09 10:58 AM
    @ Scandalex "I feel sorry for those stuck on Sprint waiting for a more powerful phone than the Curve. Read my signiture and deal with your pride."

I apologize if the tone felt like an attack. I, myself, was a longtime Sprint user who was committed to Blackberry. I, however, wanted a more powerful device and went looking elsewhere. I thought I was going after the Bold but ran into the iPhone. needless to say, I found my phone.

I do in fact feel for those in contract with Sprint and are devoted Blackberry users. The Niagara, which is basically the Bold, will be out and a newer Blackberry will hit AT&T or Verizon. Sprint is behind the 8-ball. I made a choice to leave for more phone options. In fact, I hope to have a Blackberry again.

1 thing is for sure, crackberry is one of the best sites available
    03-30-09 07:20 PM
    i agree with you, recent long time Sprint user convert to ATT Bold. Honestly Sprint is behind the times with phones, its no secret the company has slipped bad in the past few years. Getting the Curve a year after the market, and the Niagra almost a year after the Bold by the time it drops. Theres no secret here that its the truth. I agree CDMA in general (VZW less so since they have a much wider variety of phones) you are using what the carrier tells you to. GSM you dont have that issue since its more used worldwide and many more devices exist (dont lock to to carrier branded devices either)

Theres nothing wrong with the iphone, Im the biggest non-Apple fan out there and the thought has crossed my mind a few times to get one. It has set the bar in mobile phones still to this day. There are thousands and thousands of good apps out there written for it. Every time i see an app the ihpone has that BB doesnt it makes me a little angry that BB does lack in areas and has been around a lot longer. And if Apple can keep plugging the little functionality holes, it will be even more dominant then it is and people wont have a lot to say about lacking this or that.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-04-09 at 01:34 PM.
    04-04-09 01:30 PM
    Theres nothing wrong with the iphone, Im the biggest non-Apple fan out there and the thought has crossed my mind a few times to get one. It has set the bar in mobile phones still to this day. There are thousands and thousands of good apps out there written for it. Every time i see an app the ihpone has that BB doesnt it makes me a little angry that BB does lack in areas and has been around a lot longer. And if Apple can keep plugging the little functionality holes, it will be even more dominant then it is and people wont have a lot to say about lacking this or that.

I couldn't have said it better myself. With being said I say welcome.
    04-04-09 11:24 PM
    I think many BB users should actually be happy Apple made the iPhone. I honestly feel without Apple pushing the industry in design, function and quality many of the other manufacturers would still be dragging their feet, no more. Give this a thought, Apple will actually make BB better.. wow.
    04-06-09 07:59 AM
    I think many BB users should actually be happy Apple made the iPhone. I honestly feel without Apple pushing the industry in design, function and quality many of the other manufacturers would still be dragging their feet, no more. Give this a thought, Apple will actually make BB better.. wow.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. I've been saying the same thing for as long as the iPhone has been out. It may not have all the features we've come to expect in phones, but it has set the bar for how well it should perform.

Now the actually phone quality, I don't blame that on Apple. You can have the BEST phone in the world but call quality is only going to be as good as the network it's on. AT&T dropped too many calls for me to use the iPhone as my primary.
    04-06-09 09:57 AM
    Just FYI for people who didn't know but I'm sure many do, Apple actually went to Verizon first and they said no.. yikes. I am just grateful AT$T has great service in my area (SW Florida).
    04-06-09 01:58 PM
    Just FYI for people who didn't know but I'm sure many do, Apple actually went to Verizon first and they said no.. yikes. I am just grateful AT$T has great service in my area (SW Florida).
    i know Verizon is stupid for passing up....and i got mint service myself in my area long island NY
    04-06-09 06:39 PM
    The iPhone is revolutionary no doubt! W/O it there would be no Storm or Pre - But it comes down to the same old arguement - PC or Mac - Apple or BB

Get what u like and feel comfortable with and don't judge others because they don't think like you!
    04-07-09 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD