I thought I'd take the time to post the first bug I found with ActiveSync and the new Firmware 2.0 for the iPhone. With the introduction of Exchange Server ActiveSync capabilities, Apple made it possible for Exchange users to basically have the same capabilities with an iPhone as they did with WinMo devices.

Well, it seems that there's a small bug with Calendar Sync on it. The bug is as follows.

If you configure ActiveSync with an email address that does not match the case of the email address associated with the user's account in Active Directory, all calendar entries will come across as Cal Invites. Funny huh? So, if in Active Directory the email address is [email protected], then you better configure the email address field on your iPhone's ActiveSync as that or you won't be able to edit any calendar entries that get pushed to your phone from your Exchange mailbox. Example; if you enter [email protected] it will cause this problem. What's even funnier is that Apple bashes MS's IE for not meeting Internet RFC standards, yet they drop the ball on this one...

Hey Apple, email addresses are not case sensative you morons!!!
    07-16-08 10:53 PM
    Hey Apple, email addresses are not case sensative you morons!!![/QUOTE]

I have nothing at all constructive to say but LOL at that!!! That has to be the most ******** glitch ever
    07-16-08 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD