I have a main hotmail account. I have bought mboxmail on my iPod touch and set the fetch data in settings to 15 minutes. Does this mean that on my iPod and/or iPhone, it will check my email every 15 minutes?

Is this the same as the authentic mail app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 06:44 PM
    Yes your iPhone will fetch new emails every 15 minutes.
    05-09-09 07:31 PM
    Yep, its exactly the same as the authentic mail app. When you have fetch turned on, the email app runs in the backgriund and automatically checks for new mail every 15 min. The great thing is that it barely drains bettery. I barely notice any difference between having fetch on and having it off.

05-09-09 09:15 PM
    Yep, its exactly the same as the authentic mail app. When you have fetch turned on, the email app runs in the backgriund and automatically checks for new mail every 15 min. The great thing is that it barely drains bettery. I barely notice any difference between having fetch on and having it off.

Awesome!

Thanks to both of you.
    05-10-09 08:42 AM
    Maybe I should try out the app, but my view is that although you have it on fetch, it's not going to bring it to the iPhone/Touch until you go into the app.
    05-10-09 11:11 AM
    Maybe I should try out the app, but my view is that although you have it on fetch, it's not going to bring it to the iPhone/Touch until you go into the app.
    Oh shoot I didn't even notice he was talking about mboxmail. Stupid me. Well in that case don't listen to me since I've never used it. But I can't imagine having the option for fetch without some kind of notification, thatd be pointless.

05-10-09 11:14 AM
    Lol... I was confused. I was about go run and get a Hotmail account and try it out.
    05-10-09 11:55 AM
    I'm confused. So if I set it on every 15 minutes, if it is sitting in my pocket, it will receive emails from mail and vibrate?

05-10-09 04:20 PM
    I'm confused. So if I set it on every 15 minutes, if it is sitting in my pocket, it will receive emails from mail and vibrate?

Does this app work with your mail app or is it separate only.

What I'm saying is... when mBlox (whatever it's called) checks for the message, does it send it to the mail app on the phone or only mblox? If the latter, then no it will no ring and vibrate in your hand. No 3rd party app receives notifications as of yet (when 3.0 comes, they will).
    05-10-09 05:19 PM
    Nope. Its an app on its own.

Ty for the info tho.

05-10-09 06:17 PM
    Nope. Its an app on its own.

Ty for the info tho.

You're welcome... hopefully they will update their product for push notification when 3.0 is released.
    05-10-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD